Start by marking “From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die, #2)” as Want to Read:
From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die, #2)

From Bad to Cursed

(Bad Girls Don't Die #2)

Alexis is the last girl you'd expect to sell her soul. She already has everything she needs--an adorable boyfriend, the perfect best friend, and a little sister who's finally recovering after being possessed by an evil spirit, then institutionalized.
Alexis is thrilled when her sister joins a club; new friends are just what Kasey needs. It's strange, though, to see how fas
Published June 14th 2011 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about From Bad to Cursed, please sign up.
Reillin You might be able to find it on openlibrary.org... I know that the first book is on there.

Start your review of From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die, #2)
Bern
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Bern by: Everyone. You, there. You got hands? Pick this up.
Not meaning to start the review with a deeply intrusive and definitely impolite question, but doing so anyway:

Have you ever looked at yourself on the mirror and disliked what you saw? You probably didn't even look that bad, but because you felt like scrutinizing every single detail of your features and comparing it to everybody you know, suddenly you deem your eyes too far apart or too close together; your nose too small or too crooked; you cheekbones way too high and what the hell did you do to
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
WHYYYYY? WHY DOES MY LIBRARY NOT HAVE THIS. IT WAS RELEASED OVER A YEAR AGO. WHY.

description

Dear My Library;

description

I finally made a personal request to the library and they ordered it for me.
Nevermind! :D

Eileen Lepetit
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evil teenagers. Isn’t that redundant? Oh, just kidding.

Anyway, Bad Girls Don’t Die: From Bad to Cursed is full of evil teenagers. A sequel to Bad Girls Don’t Die, a book I absolutely loved, the story brings back pink-haired Alexis Warren, and her formerly possessed sister Kasey who has just been sprung from a mental institution.

Kasey’s reappearance has Alexis on edge (she did try to kill the entire family) and threatens to derail what had been shaping up to be an excellent school year. Her siste
Kimberly Antill
The second installment of Alender's Bad Girls Don't Die series, in my opinion, is every bit as good as the first. Maybe even better.

From Bad to Cursed had a very Stepford Wives vibe going on and I loved it. The perfect little Sunshine Club was creepy! The ending is very suspenseful but it leaves you with a giant cliffhanger and I can't wait to read the next book.
Amber
Oct 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Blending horror and humor, From Bad To Cursed is sure to be unforgettable. Taking all the amazing elements of the first installment and amping up the stakes for this newest addition, it is the perfect novel to read just after dark, with every single light in the house on. From it's characters to it's break-neck plot, From Bad To Cursed is original and yet, somehow, completely familiar.

I mentioned before in my review of the first novel, Bad Girls Don't Die, that horror novels are tricky to pull o
PrincyJessie
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Comments: how can I say this? Awesome ? No it was better than awesome it was a page turner you see I never get bored with this book. These are one of the books which I will spend my money buying it.  The action scenes are great and it is never predictable which I love about it.
Plot = After witnessing how scary a ghost can get, Alexis continue with her life but when she met the Sunshine Club everything changes. At first she is just in it because of her sister Kasey but as she goes on she knows i
Wendi Lee
*4.5 stars*

I really like this series!

At first, the premise made me roll my eyes. Kasey knows better than to get involved in anything supernatural! Come on! But I was swept away with the story, and found it to be just as compelling as Bad Girls Don't Die. This one ends on a bit of a cliff-hanger, so I'm eager to find out what happens in the final book.
122sara
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and disliked what you saw? You probably didn't even look that bad, but you could easily point out every single flaw you had. You noticed everything that nobody else saw. Why was your face so greasy? Why were your eyes so close together? Why was your nose too big? And why in the world did your hair look like a rats nest?
What about your friends? What did you do to deserve to have only one? Why were your grades so low, why wren't you good at anythin
Dorian
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
A couple months ago, I read Bad Girls Don't Die, and loved it. I was so excited when I got the sequel, From Bad to Cursed. This book did not disappoint my expectations. Do not get it confused with the first book though; it is a very different sort of a book. It is still very well done though, and this series is definitely one of my new favourites! And the third one is coming out this May!

Reasons to Read:

1.Creepiness Factor:
I actually found this book to be a lot creepier than the first. There wa
Kyla Harris
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, cover-lovin

Finally finished this! This book was cool and different. I like different.

Spooky? It was spooky but not as much as the first, besides seriously what could be creepier then dolls? So if you've survived that one with joy, then you'll survive this one with bliss! I was really into the book almost all the way... But then I got Heir of Fire and you can figure out the rest:) so this book is pretty grabbing.

I really wish Katie Alender was better at writing romance. It would make her story's
Carla
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It breaks my heart but sadly I didn't enjoy it as much as the first book.

Honestly I skipped most of the middle. I was very interested the first 100 pages or so but then Alexis was too heavy. Her character was just too much to take. I tried very hard to understand her acting but I couldn't. It's not like it was irrational, it was just dumb.
And the relationship with Carter was set on fire. Just for the hell of it.
I'm kinda sick of MCs who aren't allowed to be happy just for once. Really. I get
Muse-ic ♬
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)
I found this sequel to be better than the first book. Even though I still felt that the main character holds her sister emotionally at arm's length all the time, by the end of the book I felt they were getting emotionally closer. I had a hard time with how she treated her younger sister in the first book, especially before she became possessed. In the second book here I understood why she was always suspicious of her behavior, but I am so happy they were able to overcome that weirdness by the en ...more
Kelsey
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very short review, but I liked this better than the first book, actually! Right as Alexis started to get consumed with Aralt, I became consumed with the story, and I had such a hard time putting the book down. I was hooked, and I enjoyed it so much!
Heather
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(This review can also be found on my blog: The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl).

After reading the first book in this series, Bad Girls Don't Die, I knew I had to read From Bad to Cursed. I must admit that I was a bit wary of reading the next book as usually sequels aren't as good as the first book. However, all my worrying was in vain. This book turned out to be amazing just like the first.

Alexis and her little sister are back in this second book in the Bad Girls Don't Die se
shady boots
This review is also available over at my blog.

_____________________

Holy crap.

This series is seriously close to being my favorite YA ghost series ever. Like, really.

The story continues a few months after the events of the previous book. Kasey has went home from the mental institution she was sent to, and no evil spirits or ghosts have harmed Alexis. Then, all of a sudden, a new girl appears in their school, Adrienne, who Kasey eventually starts to get close to. Alexis soon finds out that Kasey's
Elizabeth Drake
This and other reviews can be found on Reading Between Classes

Cover Impressions: This cover fits really well with the first in the series. The girl has a seriously intense and chilling stare and begs the reader to ask whether she is emerging from the door or protecting what is within. While her expression is dark and menacing, her outfit is sweet and child-like, presenting a wonderful contrast. The scroll work on these covers always adds a delicate detail that adds interest.

The Gist: Alexis has
Allison (The Allure of Books)
From Bad to Cursed by Katie Alender is the second book in the Bad Girls Don’t Die trilogy. I found a lot more depth and meaning in this novel than I expected to find! Beyond just containing a really creepy ghostly mystery, I think the characters’ experiences added extra layers to the story.

Teenagers have a long history of searching for a way to feel beautiful and popular. The lengths some will go to (especially girls) can get really out-of-hand. That is definitely true in this novel! Kasey, who
Jan 26, 2011 marked it as to-read
Oh my gosh! I loved Bad Girls Don't Die!! I loved every second of it, and I seriously couldn't put it down! I love all of the characters! Especially cute Carter. :) Anyways there's more?? I'm so excited!!! Thank you so much Katie Alender!!
Rebecca
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I enjoyed this much more than the first book in the series, Bad Girls Don't Die. More original and less predictable. It has some similar plot points and haunting feel to The Craft. That's obviously a huge positive.

The protagonist is cursed and confused for a huge chunk of this book. It made the narration and progression of the story interesting and original. Ultimately, I was disappointed with the way we made it to the climax. Alexis clearly didn't know how to get herself out of this situation,
Inês
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to start this! Alexis was back and after loving the first book I could only imagine what her next adventure would be! And now that I've read it, I can't say it was as good as the first. But I reallyyyy liked the first so it was pretty hard to raise the bar even more.

The one thing that bother me, was the fact that Alexis seemed somewhat changed. In the first book Alexis didn't care about what other people thought, she'd be doing her thing and the hell with the people who thought
Orlanda Machado
Original Blog Review: http://landamac.weebly.com/blog/revie...

My Blog: http://landamac.weebly.com

My Instagram: http://instagram.com/blog.myescape/

Buy the same edition I got on BookDepository: www.bookdepository.com/From-Bad-Curse...

BookDepository Affiliate Link: http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=...

review

So since it is a sequel I'm not going to review it as I review the other books (as I said before) because I don't really want to spoil anyone... which means that the only thing that I can actual
Brooklyn Teen-central
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspence
Reviewed by BF, age 12

From Bad to Cursed is the sequel to the first book in the Bad Girls Don't Die series, Bad Girls Don't Die. Alexis' younger sister, Kasey. has returned home from a mental hospital after being possessed by a pugnacious and grudge-holding ghost who wreaked havoc on Alexis' town. Now, she tries to give Kasey a second chance and is ecstatic when she joins the Sunshine Club, where she is able to socialize with other girls who do not hold her unfortunate past against her. It is la
Fifi
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've got to say but this book is not a good book for girly girls no offense but you see them reading this book and gets you mad the way they act in class. I don't recommend it to teens ages 14 and down. And I've got a saying why........this girl from my big sisters book club and she was reading this book and once in 5 minutes after she made the first mistake she will do the second mistake to get attention from us she will start screaming or crying or laugh until she fall to the ground and she st ...more
Brooklyn
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama
I think that the book From Bad to Cursed is a great book. It was so exillerating and you just never wanted to put it down.It is about this girl named Alexis Warren who had a perfect life until last year when her sister got possessed by a a evil doll who died in there house a really long time ago,and there house burned down because her sister burned it down. But she thinks this year will be different and nothing crazy will happen to her. But little did Alexis know that her life is going to change ...more
Geraldine
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
How do you give half a star? Haha, just to be clear, I give this book 4.5 stars. Not .5

When I got my hands on this, I was super happy! As usual, I devoured it like a maniac. This book didn't send chills as much as Bad Girls Don't Die did, but it's just as well written. I liked the unusual twist that she actually KNEW what was going on and didn't try to stop whatever was happening to here because she had seemed oblivious to the fact that they're worshipping something supernatural and reaping so
Kate ★
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Katie Alender has been consistent in making this book as good as the first one. I have high expectations for horror books because I am a fan of the genre, and so far this series hasn't been disappointing.

Kasey was finally back home after the dangerous involvement with the vengeful spirit, Sarah. Things had been hard considering that people became suspicious of her disappearance. That's when the Sunshine Club got involved. There was a promise of betterment in all aspects if you let go and give in
Ryan Davis
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! I did not know it until I was looking for the next book, but this is actually book #2 out of a series of 3. I never knew that I was missing anything from the prior book so it all turned out well. Anyways.....this book had so many twists and turns that at times I was pulling against Aralt (the evil spirit), then the next moment pulling with him (for reasons you have to read about), and back/forth/back/forth etc. This isn't a horrific scary book, but it put you on the edge ...more
Mona
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
My enjoyment of this book is on par with the 1st book. The author did a great job, I felt scared, really scared, and at one point I was like going "oh shit!"
I don't use that expression very often haha.

The only issue I had with this book was towards the end, I find the pacing a bit too fast. And wished that I hadn't read the summary on the back cover, a little spoiler there.

Other than that, it was perfect.
FangirlB
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was just as good as the first! The whole story is so intriguing and you can't put it down because you want to know what happens next.
The whole sunshine club thing is quite freaky because one moment they seem so graceful and wonderful but if you do anything to harm the book they will kill you. Also the fact that when they cry their tears are black, it is so easy to imagine this. I can't wait to read the next one and see where the whole Lydia thing will go!
What did you think of...... 9 42 Jan 10, 2015 04:34PM
Crazy for Young A...: From Bad to Cursed by Katie Alender → Start Date: March 12, 2013 29 23 Mar 16, 2013 07:02AM
Book Discussions ...: * From Bad to Cursed 1 6 Mar 12, 2013 03:27PM

• Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • Dead Girls Don't Lie
  • The Haunting of Sunshine Girl (The Haunting of Sunshine Girl, #1)
  • The Awakening of Sunshine Girl (The Haunting of Sunshine Girl, #2)
  • Deadly Little Secret (Touch, #1)
  • Deadly Little Voices (Touch, #4)
  • Deadly Little Lessons (Touch, #5)
  • Unbroken (Ruined, #2)
  • The May Queen Murders
  • Frozen Charlotte (Frozen Charlotte, #1)
  • The Ghost of Graylock
  • Haven (Winterhaven, #1)
  • Mirage (Winterhaven, #2)
  • Blood Will Tell (Point Last Seen, #2)
  • Eternal (Winterhaven, #3)
  • What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1)
  • The Nightmarys
Katie Alender (rhymes with “calendar”!) grew up in South Florida. She is the third of four children (three girls and a boy) and the child of three very loving and encouraging parents.

She attended high school at the Palm Beach County School of the Arts, studying Communication Arts. From there, she went on to the Florida State University Film School, which led her to her current hometown, a tiny ham

Bad Girls Don't Die (3 books)
  • Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1)
  • As Dead As It Gets (Bad Girls Don't Die, #3)