Start by marking “Night's Promise” as Want to Read:
Night's Promise

Night's Promise (Club Strigoi #3)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  181 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews

Trying to escape her past, Melissa runs straight into Duncan’s arms.

For the last twelve years, Melissa has successfully evaded her bastard stepfather, but now her luck has run out. Forced to take help from a bouncer at her favorite club, she must now face her demons. But when Duncan says and does all the right things, she wonders if he’s too good to be true.

Duncan offers

Published (first published August 8th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Night's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night's Promise

Daisiemae
Apr 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My friends that loved Kiss and Tell by Sandy Lynn
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I really like the author
Sandy Lynn is turning into a "must buy" author for me. I didn't know if I would like this book as well as Kiss and Tell by her, but she once again captivated me by her sexy, tortured hero and her very likable heroine.

Melissa has had a hard time getting on with her life. Abused by her step-father, she ran away at the 14, only to be rescued by the vampire Gareth. When Gareth realizes that her step-father is not only abusive but unbalanced, he immediately takes her under his wing and introduces he
Cindy
Feb 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Good read. The heroine, Melissa, is a human rescued by a vampire from an abusive stepfather who was on the verge of raping her when she was 14. As an adult, she is still terrified of him. And now he is back and stalking her... The hero, Duncan, is a vampire who is drawn in by her fears. First he offers just to listen but as time passes they become more than friends. [Unlike the average erotic novel - they don't actually make it all the way until after page 100.:] They both have serious self-este ...more
Rhapsody
Jul 03, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of vampire erotica/abused heroines
Duncan is a vampire who used to be an assassin and now works as a bouncer at a club. Melissa is a twenty-six year old human who was abused by her step-father and adopted by Gareth (also a vampire) as his little sister when she was fourteen. Now, twelve years later, her step-father reappears on the scene and she ends up dating Duncan.

I think Catherine Anderson has ruined me when it comes to childhood sob stories. Melissa's background just didn't move me. Her mother died of an illness and her step
Cindy (eclecticfirefly)
Duncan and Melissa. What an unlikely pair! Duncan, a vampire, is currently working as a bouncer, but formerly was an assassin. Melissa, a human, is a young woman rescued by a vampire from an abusive home.

Garreth, Melissa's rescuer, is extremely protctive of her. She hasn't told him of her recent nightmares. Duncan steps in and offers his friendship to Melissa. She doesn't trust anyone but Garreth, so he works hard at winning her trust.

Very sweet story in the beginning. Duncan is one of the most
Izzy
Oct 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like others have said, this book was very choppy in dialogue, plot and setting but the actual story was OK. It wasn't very polished and I think that if this book had been worked on a bit more then it would have been very good.

The book dragged me forward without giving vital bits of information e.g. vampires, world building and so on. It kind of felt like Lynn expected you to automatically know what was going on despite the fact that she had created her own set of rules.
The main characters seemed
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Sep 19, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of PN erotica, vampires
Recommended to Unapologetic_Bookaholic by: swapped by Laura Stamps Goodreads Author
The only thing I found I did not like about this book was the jump around plot and the seemingly never-ending completion of a thought. One moment your in the head of one character and something is happening or they are recalling an incident, the next moment your with another character and it's about something totally unrelated to the first character. You find out later they are this but they can't know that, or something, I don't know. I only got to page 32. I have another book by her, so I'll g ...more
Jodz
After getting through the very confusing begining I enjoyed this book.

The characters were all introduced at once in the start and had me confused from the beggining... after I established who was who it got a little smoother.

It would have been a better read if it was more imformative, I thought Melissa was a vampire all the way up untill Duncan wondered if he should change her =S ... There was no background on vamps and the specifics. I felt so lost more then once.

I did love the characters and
Kathrynn
Apr 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnl-hot, vampire, trilogy
3 and 1/2 stars
Missyb
I read this one first, and ruined some surprises for myself, but parts take place at the same time as parts of the other books.
Anne
Dec 05, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2009-bir
Much better than her other book. Definitely recommend this one. Paranormal romantic suspense.
Berangere
Jun 30, 2012
Celine
rated it did not like it
Feb 03, 2015
Dana
Dec 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Fallon's Revenge
  • More than a Bargain (Leashed #2)
  • Call of the Untamed (Call of the Lycan, #2)
  • Making a Splash: A Going for the Gold Novel
  • Midnight Enchantment (Midnight, #4)
  • The Art of Ethan (Beaufort, #1)
  • Embracing Midnight
  • Temptation Calls (The Calling, #3)
  • Star Crossed (Entwined Fates, #2)
  • The Species Within (Battles in the Dark, #1)
  • Necessary Temptation
  • Rated: X-Mas
  • The Daystar (Templar Vampires, #2)
  • Key West (Hot in the City, #3)
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Full Ride (Ghost Unit, #1)
  • Treasured
  • Agency of Extraordinary Mates Vol. 1 (Agency of Extraordinary Mates #1-3)

Club Strigoi (3 books)
  • Beneath the Surface (Club Strigoi, #1)
  • Novel Experience (Club Strigoi, #2)