Start by marking “Indelible (Grant County, #4)” as Want to Read:
Indelible (Grant County, #4)

Indelible (Grant County #4)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  25,057 Ratings  ·  755 Reviews
Indelible: A Novel
Hardcover
Published July 27th 2004 by William Morrow & Company (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Indelible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indelible

Jonetta
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Sara Linton visits Jeffrey at the police station and becomes embroiled in a deadly shootout and hostage situation. The story alternates between this tense showdown and that of Sara and Jeffrey's early relationship.

I thought the alternating stories were done brilliantly. At first, I was impatient, wanting to get on with what was happening at the station. But soon I was just as hooked by the revelations of Jeffrey's past. It wasn't immediately clear how the two would relate but I trusted that it
Mo
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author's note.

"Sticklers for order who ask "where do I start" reading the Grant County series have two choices. You can go with Blindsighted, which is technically the first book, or you can start with Indelible, which is the "origin story" for Sara and Jeffrey. I always write my books so that anyone can pick up any book and know what's going on and who is who, but I am the type who has to read in order, so I know this is an important question."

Do I agree? Mmmmm ... not sure. I am a stickle
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
This is my absolute favourite of this series.

I have read Indelible several times, and now listened on audio. A brilliant, exciting, tense plot whichever way you choose to 'read' it.

Highly recommended.
Karin Slaughter
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

What I like about this book is you get to see where Jeffrey grew up.
Kelli
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Leave it to me to select the audio without realizing it was part of a series. In my defense, it didn't indicate that but luckily, the author herself states that those new to the Grant County series can start here at (gulp) book four or at the logical beginning with book one. This reminded me on some level of my days when I read anything Patricia Cornwell. It was entertaining enough but I didn't love it. There is a good chance that is because I didn't begin at the beginning, but it is just as lik ...more
Brenda H
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Indelible is the 4th book in the Grant County series by Karin Slaughter and my favorite so far.

Sara Linton, the town's pediatrician and part-time ME, is at the police station dropping off an autopsy report. While there, she stops to talk to Jeffrey Tolliver, the Chief of Police - as well as her ex-husband and current lover. While there, 2 young men enter the station and begin shooting the police officers, including Jeffrey. This begins a tense hostage situation.

The hostage storyline alternates w
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Another great read by Karin Slaughter...I don't know what else to say. She is a master at dark, emotional, heartbreaking suspense. Couldn't put it down.
Janet
Indelible is book four in the Grant County series. As the blurb states, the book starts off with a powerful opening. A shooting taking place in the police station kicks off the storyline with timeframes switching between past and present. Here we find out a lot more of Chief Tolliver's background, where he grew up and how events come together to lead to today's shooting.

I can't say I liked this book as much as the others in the series. I enjoyed learning more about Linton's and Tolliver's relati
Bill Garrison
After reading INDELIBLE by Karin Slaughter, I will have now read all of her novels. I realized after reading that I always liked the character Jeffrey Toliver, because he seemed to be the only normal character of the bunch. Well, not after reading this book. It is Tolliver's turn to have his sordid, twisted past revealed. The novel opens with a horrific shootout at the police station where kids are taken hostage and cops are killed.
With the hostages in a standoff, the story skips back in time to
Wendy
Nov 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-Read
Indelible is book #4 and a wonderful addition to the Grant County series!
What was the mystery around Smith's watch? 2 25 Oct 14, 2015 07:56AM
Gwinnett County P...: Karin Slaughter - Grant County series 1 15 Jan 03, 2013 09:16AM
  • Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1)
  • A Necessary Evil (Maggie O'Dell #5)
  • The Face of Death (Smoky Barrett, #2)
  • 14 (Taylor Jackson, #2)
  • Merciless (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #3)
  • The Killing Hour (Quincy & Rainie, #4)
  • The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
  • The Wire in the Blood (Tony Hill & Carol Jordan, #2)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me (Lucy Kincaid, #2)
Karin Slaughter is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of seventeen thrillers, including the Grant County and Will Trent series, COP TOWN, PRETTY GIRLS, THE GOOD DAUGHTER and the e-original short stories “Snatched” “Busted" "Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes" and "Last Breath."

Slaughter was born in a small southern Georgia community, and now resides in Atlanta. She is widely credited
More about Karin Slaughter...

Grant County (6 books)
  • Blindsighted (Grant County, #1)
  • Kisscut (Grant County, #2)
  • A Faint Cold Fear (Grant County, #3)
  • Faithless (Grant County, #5)
  • Beyond Reach (Grant County, #6)
“Jeffrey never understood how people could think a dead person was just sleeping. Death changed the air, charged it with something thick and unsettling.” 0 likes