Start by marking “Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)

Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires #5)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  41,893 Ratings  ·  1,098 Reviews
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat. Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and h ...more
Published January 6th 2009 by Signet Book (first published December 17th 2008)

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

Basically, this series is my life right now. Ahhh Shane....my baby ♥ Here are some quotes from the book that either made my heart melt, cracked me up, or just made me fall harder for Shane and Claire :P

"Hope you like the underwear you have on; I didn’t go through your drawers.”
“Afraid it might get you all turned on?” Shane asked from over her shoulder.
“Please say yes.” He grabbed a pair of his own jeans from the pile. “And please stay out of my closet.”
Eve gave him the finger. “If you’re wor
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3 Call To Arms Stars

The thing to do before your 17 year old birthday? Why, fight a war between vampires. Or is it vampires and humans? Or humans and humans? It seems like no one knows these days in Morganville since everyone has their own agenta.

Mr. Bishop is fighting to take Morganville from Amelie. Amelie is fighting to keep her Moranville safe, humans are fighting to take over the town from the vampires. And where does this leave our friends from the Glass House? Right in the middle of the wh
Jen
Finally gave this one some attention after a few years!!! It wasn't the writing that made me lose interest, more that my tastes have changed in what I read. One day I may continue on with the Morganville series but for now I will put it on hold!!!

It is a great young adult series though, especially if you are into vampires!!!
Alkyoni

Wartime in Morganville. Those siding with the vampires, go to the left. Those siding with the humans, go to the right. Those siding with both races, go to the Glass House. Oh, and there's a tornado on the way according to the weather forecast, do take cover.

What a lovely mess this book was. Parts of the plot make no sense at all, inconsistencies can be found from the second page and on (do fix that Morganville, it really is a shame) but it was still awesome.

The more I read this series, the more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
So it’s another three-star rating from my side. I was hoping Lord of Misrule will finally be THE five-star Morganville book, but it seems like we’re back to the “could have been so much better” state.

I have no idea what went wrong with this book. It had a pretty good, yet weird, start but by the end things got confusing and messed up. There are a bunch of characters that grew even more in my eyes, Claire, Shane and most importantly Myrnin. Michael and Eve were still great but I feel like I didn’
Brittany
I first read this series last summer on ebook, so obviously I was very eager to read the next installment. And I was not disapointed.

Lord of misrule starts where it left off in Feast of fools. There's a war going on and everyone is choosing sides. The humans are revolting against the vampires and there's a storm coming. Literally.

This is by far the best book in the series with the worst cliff hanger I find myself wanting to pull my hair out until the next one comes out in June.
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
DNF Temporarily. I'm not enjoying the audio performance, so I'll have to pick this one back up as soon as I get through some of my other reads.
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Book 5 and I'm still not bored of rereading this series. This book had quite a lot of action going on with Bishop terrorising the town and the group trying to stay together and safe. Of course, my favourite parts are still with Myrnin. He is bonkers but you can also see he genuinely cares for Claire and I love him oddities and all.

Oh, and not to forget the pencil stake stabbing, that was ridiculous but bad ass.
Shae
Jan 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well that was a giant disappointment. I was expecting something a lot different and maybe a book that didn't feel like a chapter of a larger book. The cliffhanger ending to these books drives me insane. I don't know if I'll bother to read the other books in the series when they come out. Claire is also a bit boring and I still can't see her motivations for jumping into every single problem.
Elena Love
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow...so, i was really sad and disappointed about the ending...Claire working for bishop???i mean come on people that's unacceptable...I was so angry and Michael, was such an ass...his behavior was wrong and if he betrays his friends in the other books...not that he hasn't done it yet but it's like his under someone's control...and Mr. Bishop is the most cruel character I've ever read about in a book...I wanted to stake him right in the heart alright metaphorically speaking...and Myrnin???omg hi ...more
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
“Claire stretched out against the wall and kissed it. "Glad to see you, too," she whispered, and pressed her cheek against the smooth surface. It almost felt like it hugged her back.
"Dude, it's a house," Shane said from behind her. "Hug somebody who cares.”
570 likes
“Better be," Eve said. She mock-bit at his finger. "I could totally date somebody else, you know."
"And I could rent out your room."
"And I could put your game console on eBay."
"Hey," Shane protested. "Now you're just being mean.”
478 likes