Start by marking “Love Under Cover (Jennifer Hunter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Under Cover (Jennifer Hunter, #2)

Love Under Cover

(Jennifer Hunter #2)

Can a former fidelity inspector tear herself away from her old calling for the sake of the perfect guy, or is the temptation to conduct love under cover just too strong?
Jennifer Hunter never saw herself as the relationship type. After all, she'd spent the last two years of her life as an undercover fidelity inspector, hired to test men's faithfulness—not exactly the kind o
Published November 10th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Love Under Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Under Cover

Kimberly Jones
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Jessica Brody and I enjoyed it. Once I got started I had a hard time putting it down. It really puts a whole new meaning on "Love Under Cover."
Virginia Mooney
Nov 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, 2009
I was lucky enough to win a copy from First Reads!

I loved The Fidelity Files. I read it in one day when I was home sick. In Love Under Cover, Jennifer aka Ashlyn sets up the Hawthorne Agency and hires fidelity investigators to do the inspections since she is now seriously dating Jamie. She promises not to do anymore fidelity inspections, and their relationship progresses and Jamie proposes.
In the midst of Jen freaking about planning a wedding and settling down, a situation soon arises where Jenn
Dorothy
Jun 25, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I confess I didn't finish this. The premise was so preposterous, I simply never got past it.

Jennifer runs a "fidelity inspector" business. What that means is, if you doubt the fidelity of your spouse, she'll set a honey trap to see if you're right or not (for a fee, of course).

I don't know if everyone has the same reaction to that idea as I did - I'm guessing yes, because the author takes great care, in the first chapter, to keep telling us Jennifer does this out of the goodness of her heart, be
Julia D
Leah
Sep 16, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2009
Jennifer Hunter returns in the sequel to Jessica Brody’s first novel The Fidelity Files. Now running her own business, The Hawthorne Agency, Jennifer has a team of fidelity inspectors and has unofficially retired. She’s in a happy relationship with Jamie and it’s all going swimmingly – until a twelve-year-old girl walks into the office and asks Jennifer to fidelity test her father. Will Jennifer say yes? And if so, how will that affect her relationship with Jamie?

I loved Jessica Brody’s debut no
Nadia Escareno Pelayo
Feb 13, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens and Adults, Women that will read anything light and fun and predictable
Shelves: romance, fiction, adult
Jessica Hunter is President of the Hawthorn Agency; a not so ordinary business. It’s not often you hear about a team of five fidelity inspectors with the sole objective of revealing low down and dirty cheating men and the occasional dishonest woman. Jessica Hunter promised her boyfriend never to take on another assignment where she’d potentially become an intentional mistress and she does so without a difficulty- for a while. She resists the urge to become personally involved in her work instead ...more
Emily
Jul 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, reviewed
This is the sequel to the The Fidelity Files which is a book that I love, I have read it a few times even and I don't read books twice lately. There is rumor that this book and the original at being made into the premise for a tv show and I think that could be amusing.

This book picks up around where the afterwards, few month later section of The Fidelity Files ends. Jennifer Hunter has given up inspecting herself for a relationship with Jamie. She runs an agency now and sends her inspectors out
Stephanie
May 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I didn't read the first book in this series so at first, I was wondering if that would somehow disrupt my way of reading. Forutnately, however, though the two books are related, you definitely don't need to read the first novel to understand this one.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book especially with the idea of being a fidelity inspector. It was lots of fun to read how Jennifer and her co-workers would "seduce" men or women to make sure that they are loyal to their spouse. Though it was unsettling
Izlinda
Like her other book, I haven't the faintest idea where this book goes under. It is kind of like chick-lit, but again, I don't have a bookshelf for that. It doesn't seem a romance novel, either. *shrug*

The writing style still annoys me a bit. It's written in present tense, but I've read other books in present tense. It's not that common, but something I'm slowly getting used to. I suppose it's the inner musing we're exposed to that irks me. The inner monologue gets to be too much sometimes. I kno
V H
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was almost painful reading. There was so little trust between the people in it, so much drama, paranoia… It was a bit much to be honest, but with a book about cheating spouses I guess you can’t really expect much more. The way the main character Jennifer acted on occasion was just stupid really. Saying that though the book was also kind of intriguing and I wanted to find out what happened to everybody.

Although I think Jennifer was a bit over the top paranoid, part of me did enjoy readi
Leslee
May 24, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, 2013
Wanted something light and a little mindless to read on an endless car ride and this fit the bill perfectly - maybe a little *too* perfectly. Never really got invested in the storyline, and I found the protagonist to be a little annoying. I never understood why she would give up a perfectly viable business for the man she loved, and I couldn't help but feel there was a bit of a misogynistic subtext in the novel despite being written by a woman because honestly there really didn't seem to be any ...more
Debbie DiFiore
Ending was not good spoilers below

First off he left because she continued to work and I understand that. But he still gets what he wanted in the end. And he moved on. But the minute he reads she let the company go then he wants to renegotiate??? I personally think he should have 'renegotiated' before she left the job and before he hooked up with another woman. Yet he waltzes right back in and she marries him never explaining the four months apart. Hate infidelity but I read the book because som
Jasmine
Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chicks who freak about getting married
Shelves: own, chick-lit
Ugh.

I went through so much to get this book and perhaps that is why I was so thoroughly disappointed when it turned out to be much much less than I had expected. Bummer.

The premise seemed promising, but ended up being somewhat predictable. And I find it so annoying to read about a whiny self made business woman with love complications that just won't do what she needs to do, worrying about what everyone else wants.

Not only that but the receptiveness of information, as if I hadn't just read that
Linda Mirvis
The author leaves nothing unsaid as if she does not trust the reader to draw any inferences. Much of the obvious was stated and restated in other words - felt like a student padding words in a term paper. The only thing never explained was how the fidelity inspections were documented to stand up in court - just on the word of the inspector?!
That just bothered me as so much was built on that unlikely premise.
Lisa Bork
Jennifer or Ashlynn, as she prefers for work purposes, runs a fidelity inspection service, which tests prospective and current spouses to see if they really are "foresaking all others." Her choice of profession is linked to her father's cheating ways, and her fiance finds her work concerning--so concerning he may call off the engagement.
Jess
Jan 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
In this sequel to The Fidelity Files, Jen is caught between two choices--keeping her promise to her boyfriend and "retiring" from her compromising job, or going back to work and risk losing him.

The plot was a bit predictable, but not enough for me to put it down. Overall, it was a good beach read. I'll be on the look-out for more books by this author!
Amber
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book just as much as I liked The Fidelity Files. I must say there aren't many authors that I envy, but Jessica Brody is one of them. Her writing style is just amazing.

This book was a page turner for me. I read it very quickly because I just couldn't put it down. I was sad to see it end!
Hannah
Nov 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction

Sarah Harrison
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really do not understand why this book is getting such low ratings? Are we reading the same book? Have I missed something out? I thought it was great. An inventive storyline with a cute romance intertwined.
Meg
Nov 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy easy reading. Predictable but enjoyable. I think I knew how Love Under Cover would end by the second chapter! But I continued to read and (in less than 24 hours) finished it regardless. Just goes to show.
Lindsey
A fun romance novel
Lizzie
Feb 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This is an enjoyable, page-turning sequel to The Fidelity Files.
Julie
Jan 29, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This is one of the books Laura & Hava gave me for my birthday. It was a quick, light read.
Katherine
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great fun playful read.
Katie
Oct 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good read. Intersting plot altogether--- sortof a blah ending..... but definitely worth it!
Christy
This was good, but not nearly as good as the first book, The Fidelity Files.
Kelayt
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a great beach read. easy to read, intriguing enough & not too heavy.
Kristy
Nov 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
cute light easy read
Elyce
Jan 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Good book, not not too "on the edge of your seat."
Xaira Gaznavi
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Didn't really like the ending - felt a bit weird to me but the rest of the book was really entertaining to read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Busy Woman Seeks Wife
  • Mommy by Mistake
  • Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace
  • The Perfect Elizabeth: A Tale of Two Sisters
  • Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)
  • Shire Hell (Notting Hell Trilogy, #2)
  • Last-Minute Love
Jessica Brody knew from a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She started self “publishing” her own books when she was seven years old, binding the pages together with cardboard, wallpaper samples, and electrical tape.

After graduating from Smith College in 2001 where she double majored in Economics and French and minored in Japanese, Jessica later went on to work for MGM Studios as a Manager

Jennifer Hunter (2 books)
  • The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)