Start by marking “Sensual Knits: Luxurious Yarns, Alluring Designs” as Want to Read:
Sensual Knits: Luxurious Yarns, Alluring Designs

Sensual Knits: Luxurious Yarns, Alluring Designs

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  147 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Modern knitters are simply in love with luxury yarns—and the stylish items they can make from these opulent, irresistibly touchable materials. Sensual Knits feeds their hunger for fashionable projects made specifically with the finest merinos, alpacas, silks, cashmeres, and angoras. Beautiful models display the clothing, and every exquisitely photographed garment provide
Published January 1st 2008 by Sterling/Hollan

To ask other readers questions about Sensual Knits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sensual Knits

Mar 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting-crafts
Tight fitting patterns for small skinny people.
That stated, there are quite of few really cute patterns that I'll be trying out as there are larger sizes added to each pattern. Thank you author and editor!

Vixen Camisole
Demeter camisole
Pink Sundae Camisole (spaghetti string tight fitting)
Silken Cowl Tank
Betty V-Neck Vest
Lace Panel Twin Set (3/4 sleeves)
McQueen Jumper (huge open cowl-type collar with long sleeves)
Sayuri Jumper (V-neck collar with long open sleeves)
Transparency Jumper (Mohair fuzzy
Jan 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Some of the patterns in this book were gorgeous, obviously very time-consuming items. The book had a nice design and all the knitted items had good photographs that illustrated what they would look like. I just didn't find anything in this book that I wanted to knit and so that's why it got this rating. I'd probably recommend though.

*Taken from my book reviews blog:
Jamie Henderson
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is exactly what it advertises -- an interesting assortment of attractive and feminine knit patterns. It's well laid out and easy to read. The patterns appear to be well-written, though I have no yet knit very many of them. The pictures are very good and give a good idea of what the finished knit will look like from several angles in most cases.
Feb 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
The reason I gave it as many stars as I did was because the garmets are stunning, HOWEVER, all the patterns are crap. The publisher should not have printed it until the problems in the patterns were corrected. They completly had to re-write the seeded-cables cardigan and even then teh chart is still wrong on one of the higher rows.
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Liked the patterns in this book so well I bought it twice (without knowing it) and gave the extra copy to my best friend, who also loves it.
Green Cupcake
Oct 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Many interesting designs but at least one project uses yarn that may be hard to find.
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
Some nice designs in here. Made one up and it looked good and was easy to follow.
Feb 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts, knitting
Modern and gorgeous patterns! Easy to follow instructions. I'm about halfway through knitting the Sayuri sweater.
Library book-- I'd like to make the lacey camisole and the spiral socks.
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference, knitting
Very awesome, wearable patterns in this book. Almost everything is circular-knit on circular needles.
May 31, 2008 rated it liked it
Very, very pretty patterns.
Victoria Barton
Nov 03, 2009 rated it did not like it
didnt like it
Mar 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
I'm in the process of making the seeded cables cardigan right now :) It will take me forever as I am officially ADD when it comes to knitting :)
Wylie Kay
  • Wrap Style
  • French Girl Knits
  • Greetings from Knit Cafe
  • Victorian Lace Today
  • Handknit Holidays: Knitting Year-Round for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Winter Solstice
  • Sensational Knitted Socks
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines: Patterns, Stories, Pictures, True Confessions, Tricky Bits, Whole New Worlds, and Familiar Ones, Too
  • Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques and Patterns for One-Of-A-Kind Socks
  • A Gathering of Lace
  • The Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume Two: Cables: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine
  • The Best of Interweave Knits