Start by marking “Catmas Carols” as Want to Read:
Catmas Carols

Catmas Carols

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
"O! Little Town of Cat Mayhem, what mischiefs among you lie?" With a brand-new cover and all the favorite Christmas carols rewritten from the feline point of view, there's plenty of mischief here. Forget peace on earth, forget good will toward men, and discover the true meaning of Christmas: "Wreck the Halls," "The First Meow," "Collar Bells," and more. Each song is accomp ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books (first published October 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Catmas Carols, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catmas Carols

Melki
Dec 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats, ho-ho-ho
Joy to the world, 'cause cats are here.

Behold, I bring you great tidings of catnip and joy!

Here are twenty classic carols, rewritten to glorify our feline friends.

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!
Your ornaments shine temptingly.
I want to whack them with my paw
And grab them when they hit the floor.
Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!
Your ornaments shine temptingly.

The "lyricist" sure knows the inner workings of cats everywhere.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time for my nap.
Amelia
2.5 Stars

This sounds like a proper little gem, doesn't it? I mean cats and Christmas - what's not to like? Unfortunately though, the "lyrics", whilst reasonably apt, are made up of rather dubious rhymes, tyP3facE tH4T lo0kS l1kE thIs, and lines that it is way beyond stretching it to fit them to the tune. This was a bit irritating, to be frank, and rather marred the nice idea thatCatmas Carols should have been.
Gerry
Nov 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful book which is best to sing along to!

Laurie Loughlin has parodied 20 Christmas Carols and put cats' words to them. 'Good Cats in the House' sung to the tune of 'Good King Wenceslas' is great, beginning with 'Good cats in the house are bad/When their Mom's not looking/Stick their noses everywhere/Just to see what's cooking'.

And there are plenty more of the same - get the idea? Good Christmas cheer and fun - especially for cool cats!
Becky
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I bought this book and it just came in today, and I love it. The illustrations in the new edition are both adorable and hilarious, while most the "Catmas" Carols are also highly enjoyable for anyone who appreciates cats.
Kritika Narula
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, it was short, and a funny parody of the christmas carols from a cat's perspective. But I have to admit: I picked it up only because of Gemma Correll's illustrations and those were indeed the highlight for me. I love how the illustrations she makes are both subtle and biting at the same time.
George Ilsley
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats, humour
This is good for about 90 seconds of mild amusement.
CoralSea
Nice and cute if you like XMAS and cats. The best are the illustrations.
Ashley
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Your cat at Christmas: a cozy scene. It's easy to imagine him or her curled up in your lap by the fire - warm, purring, content, full of love and Christmas cheer....

Think again. Cats could care less about world peace and good will toward men. They want catnip, not mistletoe; tuna, not Christmas pudding; a pile of wrapping paper, not a new tie.

Here, for the first time, are twenty of your favorite Christmas carols, written from a cat's point of view. Go ahead hum a few bars. From "The First Meow"
Peacegal
Sep 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
I received this book as a gift many years ago, and I’ve loved it ever since. I’m not a big fan of Christmas carols, but reworked as funny ditties about cats they become something altogether different. My favorites were “Good Cats in the House” (Good King Wenceslas) and “Oh, Hold Me Right” (O Holy Night). Like Cat Getting Out of a Bag and Other Observations, this book will charm cat caretakers and leave non-pet parents scratching their heads.
Pam
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animal, xmas, pam
Catmas Carols is a delightful book that should warm the heart of any cat lover, who also loves Christmas and Christmas carols. Laurie Loughlin has re-written classic carols to include those cat antics that we are all too familiar with. Mary Ross' illustrations add to this petite book. This book is a great gift for the cat lovers on your Christmas list and children of all ages should delight in singing along with Laurie Loughlin!
Candace
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This book of Christmas carols with a kitty spin on things is so funny! It put me in such a good mood reading through them and singing them in my head! I'm sure my daughters will get a kick out of these versions of the songs this year!
Seriously, if you like cats even a little you should read these! Too funny!
Donna Radcliff
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a singer of cat tunes, I needed a laugh last night. It's always comforting to know that I'm not alone in loving feline ditties.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was a cute read
Cat {Wild Night In}
Just found this book under a pile of other books while clearing out my room. It is hilarious and witty. The illustrations are gorgeous too.
Erica
this book is too pure to even be rated on a scale of 1-5
 Linda (Miss Greedybooks)
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, poetry
We three cats of Orient are....
Terrified to ride in the car....

:O
Sherri
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable combination: cats and Christmas carols.
Susan