Start by marking “Everything is Quiet” as Want to Read:
Everything is Quiet

Everything is Quiet

Everything is Quiet is a full-length poetry book comprised of individual poems about love, life, and loss. Just kidding. Everything is Quiet is a woman sitting calmly near a glass window, hungover and smoking a cigarette in the aftermath of dealing with strange lovers who shush her, smack her, ask her to be more vocal, and for some reason, really enjoy dirty period sex. Ev ...more
Paperback, First Printing, 75 pages
Published September 2010 by Scrambler Books

To ask other readers questions about Everything is Quiet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything is Quiet

Adam
Oct 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Oh, oh, oh! This is splendid. It brought a tear to the eye of an old man, reading it hungover with my kids crawling all over me. A kind of strange generosity shines out from its pages. It's a book I will keep returning to, yeeha!
W.B.
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best poetry books I've read in the past few years. I liked the book by Matthew Savoca paired with Malone's book, but in this review I'm only addressing the Malone side of the flip-book since that's the one I just reread.

Malone's poems are way more than "at least as well-written as prose"--if we're going to use Pound's acerbic and funny dictum to judge them. This poet isn't really interested in the flashier rhetorical devices. Her poetry might even seem like chopped prose if y
Matthew Savoca
Aug 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this book is my book's lover. that should tell you some things. read them both!!!!
Kevin
Dec 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
A really strong collection of poems that are refreshingly naked and deeply felt despite the fact that they look like simple short line emo poems. Well actually, they are simple short line emo poems. But really good ones that make you want to hug someone close, or your cat. She mentioned that she used to live in Minnesota in one poem but I think she lives around New York these days. In a weird way, her poems somehow convey the jarring emotional and geographical differences between those two place ...more
Emily
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, read-in-2011
Brave, honest, unique collection of poetry. Poetry of the anecdote, but not in vain, because the anecdote becomes trascendent. The anecdote shows the little flaws of our life, because we can all relate to them in some way or another. The anecdote helps us become stronger, fight the world, and, in the end, laugh about it and say, "well, what else can we do?". An amazing new voice.
Nicole
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I inhaled these, like I do with most poetry books, but these were different than the poems I usually read and like. They were very real and raw, I felt like I was peering down into her apartment and spying on her life.
Annalisa Pegrum
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i couldn't stop reading it. the poems make you go back into the world feeling that little bit stroger, like your big brother just looked at you angrily what he really meant was: come on, man. you can do it.
Jack
Sep 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Most excellent poetry collection I have read recently. Raw, unabashed and written from the heart. A woman writing about the conversation being held with herself.Unafraid of admitting the fear.
Trevor Leonard
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite modern poet. Buy this. These poems are incredible.
Cassandra Troyan
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Kendra Grant Malone is one of those poets who is honest in a way that many of us could only hope to be.
She bares it all, and never once flinches.
Brittany Wallace
  • The Cow
  • Everything Was Fine Until Whatever
  • Maximum Gaga
  • Zirconia
  • Yesterday I Was Talking to Myself...
  • We Are All Good If They Try Hard Enough