Start by marking “The Ramona Collection, Vol. 1: (Ramona #1-#3,#8)” as Want to Read:
The Ramona Collection, Vol. 1: (Ramona #1-#3,#8)

The Ramona Collection, Vol. 1: (Ramona Quimby #1-3, 8)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  5,734 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Four beloved Ramona books in one fun box!

The appeal of Beverly Cleary’s stories about the wonderful, blunderful Ramona Quimby has never faded. Each new generation feels connected to Ramona’s unique way of looking at the world as she tries to adjust to new teachers, feels jealous about Susan's curls, and is secretly pleased by Yard Ape's teasing.

The scrapes she gets herself
Published March 19th 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Ramona Collection, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ramona Collection, Vol. 1

Annalisa
Oct 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: every child
Shelves: childrens, favorites
Now that I am pursuing books for my daughter to devour (in hopes of luring her away from a Junie B. Jones who does not understand the beauty of adverbs) I remembered my favorite child character was Ramona. I hope she loves her as much as I did.
Donna
Sep 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Seeing the Ramona titles brings back such great memories of reading with my kids!
Kat
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-readers
My oldest, who just turned 9, loves to read. For her birthday my parents got her this boxed set. I loved Ramona the Pest when I was her age but I never read the rest of the books. Don't know why. Guess I didn't know about series back then quite yet. Anyhow, Katelyn read Beezus and Ramona first and loved it. She was constantly telling me throughout the book "I know it's just a pretend story but it made me feel better to know I'm not the only one with a little sister than annoys her!" Maybe it's b ...more
Nora
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved all Ramona books growing up and have passed them on to my own children!
P.S. Winn
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Four book collection that should be on every child's book shelf. The author writes great stories that will make you smile and think. So important for kids to read, give them books they will enjoy, like this collection.
dead letter office
Jun 21, 2008 rated it did not like it
i'm not going to mess with reviewing all the beverly cleary i had to read. suffice to say that in a 2nd grade year that was rough for both me and Ms. Stewart, i was made to read the beverly cleary books as a kind of compromise (i had a boycott on with the regular reading book) and because she seemed to think that beverly cleary was all it took to set a wayward child straight.

i read about ramona and beezus quimby, henry huggins, ribsy the dog and ralph the mouse. i must have read ten of these idi
Mickey
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When I read Rammona The Pestit was really funny and you never knew what Rammona would do next.The book I read is titled Rammona The Pest by Beverly C.This book is a good read of 211 pages.My opionon on this book is that anyone could enjoy it from age 8 to 80.My reaction was laughter because I was so much like Rammoana when I was youngher.The plot of this book is that Rammona is going to kindergarden and is most excited.But the problem of this story is that everyone finds her to be a bite of a pe ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-to-mara, all
We are continuing with the Ramona books. Beverly Cleary is an amazing author. Like Ramona the Pest, this book brought back childhood memories for me. I loved Ramona's emotional blow out when her school report comes home.

Mara is really transfixed by Ramona's experiences. From being scared of the dark to playing brick factory with Howie, she seems to find something to relate to. Some of it goes over her head, but much of it seems to resonate. Here are her words "What I liked best about [the book]
Alexandria
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I remember reading these when I was little, how I would curl up on the sofa hugging a pillow while totally engrossed in Ramona's latest escapades. Having to travel so much when I was younger, reading was definitely a solace because it preoccupied my mind, took it away from all the great fun I could be having back with my friends, back "home". Ramona was just awesome, and Beverly Cleary knew how to capture my attention and heart, I would even rush through dinner and wake up early on weekends so t ...more
Hassatou Sow
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finish-reading
the thing that i think is that ramona has to be nice to mrs kemp who watch her while ramona mom works and RAMONA IS SO MEAN TO HER AND HER FRIEND YARD APE AND ramona first da of school and she was going to school and she try to do the trick her dad did aand it cracked on ther head and her father was going to collage because he need a master d so he could get a better job and ramona and beezus had to cook diner because they didn't like what there mom cooked so they had to cook diner and they made ...more
Lauren
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was good because Ramona thinks she can not go to kindergarten unless her teacher likes her.Another reason I like the book was because it is funny. A part in the book that was funny is when she gets her feet stuck in mud.There were also some parts in the book that I did not like.I am only going to tell you one because if I tell you more then it might spoil the ending.So... here it goes... the part that I did NOT like was when Ramona would not go back to school.
Ilana Waters
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite childhood author, hands down. "Ramona Quimby, Age 8," was my very first chapter book (girlish squee!). It was even autographed by the author herself. I took it with me everywhere--even left it out, once, on my swingset in the rain.

Beverly Cleary has an innate way of understanding the way kids think, as well as their everyday problems and issues. That, and a keen sense of humor make her--truly--a writer for all ages.
Hannah
Sep 29, 2012 added it
Shelves: children-s
One of the best modern children's series out there. Ramona is as real as a little girl in fiction can be, and her world and surroundings are also so real and believable that the books have an almost photographic quality-- as if we were looking into someone else's family photo album. I would totally recommend this to anyone who has been a kid-- and that counts all of you guys, so start reading! lol
Smita
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i want to tell you all this book changed my life. i have same kind of family like two sister family. this taught me about human behavious.expectation and sibling love and parents value. it is the cool breeze in hot hell of depression. It taught me to be tolerant and help me to understand my family better.
i recommend this book to every one. kids, mothers, fathers and sisters.

Kathryn Walters
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Nothing says childhood like reading a Ramona Quimby book. All of her books are hilarious, age-appropriate, and full of great stories and characters. Ramona is a sort of updated Eloise/Anne of Green Gables. She's highly imaginative, knows what she wants, and has a penchant for getting into scrapes. And the fact that the books are set in Portland is a bonus :)
Emma
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Beverly Clery is an amazing children's author. The stories are so funny and the adventures of the characters makes a great tale for any child to read. I loved listening to my mom read these to me in her great story telling voice, and i still remember the books! Definitely a good book to read to children.
Story Revolution
Ramona is off to kindergarten, and it's the greatest day of her life. So why is she sitting on the bench while the rest of the students play the game gray duck? Laughs and minor upsets abound in an enormously popular story starring the one and only Ramona Quimby!
Lici
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Rereading these. Still in love with Ramona and her stories. Beverly Cleary was a genius with understanding the internal dialog and struggles of a young girl. These stories remind me of the girl I once was and make me more sympathetic to my own kids. I do miss the old illustrations.
Hena
Nov 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
My favorite books from when I was in 7-8. How could a kid not love Ramona? Who didn't sympathize with Ramona when she became a kindergarten drop-out or when she cracked an uncooked egg over her head or when she got stuck in the mud while wearing her shiny new red rain boots?
Donna Davis
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, reviewed
These are fabulous first chapter books for children, particularly girls, in the early grades. They may be read-to's, at least initially. Ramona is the child who always seems (at least to her) like the less-perfect sibling. Set in Portland, Oregon.
Angela Ferrari
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: transitional
I love the character Romona, she always reminds me of a young me. I think kids who have an interesting way of looking at the world is a hard thing to accomplish in a book and when little girls or sisters of little girls read them, They can feel like someone gets them.
Gail Lewis
Mar 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Courtney and I have read all of Beverly Cleary 'Ramona' books. We loved them all and would end each day laughing at this little girl and her antics. They were a great transition for us from picture books to chapter books. We also love the Ralph S. Mouse books.
Diane
May 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another classic author for me. I was hooked from the beginning and read all of the Ramona books during my Middle School years. I still think about cracking an egg on my head, feeling the same emotions Ramona did. "It was supposed to be hard boiled."
nako h.
Feb 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juniorhigh
The only thing I can recall from reading these books is that in one of them, Ramona's mom gets really mad at Ramona's dad for forgetting to turn on the crock pot before they left for work. So there was nothing to eat for dinner. SAD.
Poonguzhali
May 16, 2008 rated it it was ok
ramona was just 6 y years old.she was too afraid of the dark.everyone in school teased her.one day she suddenly changed her mind that she was not going to be scared and she was.her braveness was spread as nobody could believe.her parents were proud of her.
Kim
Feb 11, 2012 added it
Elementary - I loved Ramona.. she was so funny and brave.
Jul 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-books
Oh, Ramona! Must-reads for every little girl! (By the way, the second title should be Ramona the Pest)
Annehobdy
Jun 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stella
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
my daughter loved this book from age 6-9 it was her go to book! great characters dealing with growing up.
Andrea
Nov 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved anything by Beverly Cleary growing up.
  • Judy Blume Boxed Set (Fudge-a-Mania / Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great / Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing / Superfudge)
  • Edward Eager's Tales of Magic (Tales of Magic #1 - 7)
  • Nancy Drew: #1-64
  • The Boxcar Children 5-8 (The Boxcar Children, #5-8)
  • Mrs. Piggle Wiggle Box Set (Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, #1,2,3,4)
  • A Spy Among the Girls (Boy/Girl Battle, #6)
  • The Time Quartet Box Set (Time Quartet, #1-4)
  • Mad About Madeline: The Complete Tales
  • Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective (Books 1-4)
  • Big Book of The Berenstain Bears
  • Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66)
  • The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, #1-8)
  • Six by Seuss
  • Bonjour, Babar!: The Six Unabridged Classics by the Creator of Babar
  • Paradise Kiss, Part 2
  • The Babysitters Club Collection #3 (The Babysitters Club, #7-9)
  • The World of Christopher Robin: The Complete When We Were Very Young and Now We Are Six (Winnie-the-Pooh, #3-4)
  • Spinky Sulks
Beverly Cleary (born April 12, 1916) is the author of over 30 books for young adults and children. Her characters are normal children facing challenges that many of us face growing up, and her stories are liberally laced with humour. Some of her best known and loved characters are Ramona Quimby and her sister Beatrice ("Beezus"), Henry Huggins, and Ralph S. Mouse.

Beverly Cleary was born Beverly At
More about Beverly Cleary...

Ramona Quimby (8 books)
  • Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1)
  • Ramona the Pest (Ramona, #2)
  • Ramona the Brave (Ramona, #3)
  • Ramona and Her Father (Ramona, #4)
  • Ramona and Her Mother (Ramona, #5)
  • Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Ramona, #6)
  • Ramona Forever (Ramona, #7)
  • Ramona's World (Ramona, #8)

Fiction Deals

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99