Start by marking “Managing at the Speed of Change: How Resilient Managers Succeed and Prosper Where Others Fail” as Want to Read:

This classic, newly updated, is an indispensable source for anyone-from mid-level managers to CEOs-who must execute key business initiatives quickly and effectively. Once groundbreaking and now time-honored, Managing at the Speed of Change has helped countless business leaders learn how to orchestrate transitions vital to their organizations' success. Rather than focusing ...more
Published January 19th 1993 by Random House

To ask other readers questions about Managing at the Speed of Change, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Managing at the Speed of Change: How Resilient Managers Succeed and Prosper Where Others Fail
David Shechtman
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great material. A little choppy to read.
Fred
Aug 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is a book that hung around in my Kindle FOREVER. IT was not a great book. It was one that I picked up on a whim because it was either free or something like $0.99. If it was $0.99 I would say that I overpaid. Do not pay for this book. There is really nothing worth paying for in it. Get it for free somehow or just don't read it and move onto some other better books on the topic.
Shamsha
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Great read about how to manage change at large institutions. Even though the book was written a while back, all the lessons still apply. Good for managers/leaders.
Sujata Sahni
Because you cannot see the sun, you assume it won't hurt you. But like the sun, change can burn you even when you do not see it.

Our lives are most effective and efficient when we are moving at a speed that allows us to appropriately assimilate the changes we face. If the rate is optimum, we can easily assimilate the transition in our lives however if we get overwhelmed whether the life change is negative or positive, then there is an opportunity to be gripped by the beast. That is wh
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is something of a classic - Conner originated the concept of the "burning platform" as motivation for change and this is where it happened. The book is well-organized, makes sense, and does a good job of supporting its contentions. It's not a dynamic read - but it covers its subject matter competiently and thoroughly.
Scot
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Both a general introduction to the concept and a very practical "how-to" guide for the practice of organizational change. Highly recommended if organizational change is an interest or a requirement for your work.
Jeff Vankooten
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Early book on resilience. The speed of change on the outside must match our internal ability to keep up with it if we are to manage effectively.
Mills College Library
658.406 C75277 1993
ACRL
Oct 15, 2012 added it
Shelves: motw
Read by ACRL Member of the Week Jeanne Davidson. Learn more about Jeanne on the ACRL Insider blog.
Erin
Review to come.
Kelly H
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
A bit dated (what he talks about happening has happened. Too slow to get to the point. Difficult to digest.
Romy Schnaiberg
Dec 15, 2014
Dick Cheuk
Nov 20, 2012
Charles
Jul 23, 2017
Mitesh Patel
Amazingly simple and brilliantly effective. Must read.
pri
nuradin
Jan 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Making Strategy Work: Leading Effective Execution and Change
  • The Strategy-Focused Organization: How Balanced Scorecard Companies Thrive in the New Business Environment
  • The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level
  • Credibility: How Leaders Gain and Lose It, Why People Demand It
  • Does IT Matter?: Information Technology and the Corrosion of Competitive Advantage
  • Bank 2.0: How Customer Behavior and Technology Will Change the Future of Financial Services
  • The HR Scorecard: Linking People, Strategy, and Performance
  • Beyond Budgeting: How Managers Can Break Free from the Annual Performance Trap
  • Infonomics: How to Monetize, Manage, and Measure Information as an Asset for Competitive Advantage
  • The Service Startup: Design Thinking gets Lean
  • Open Business Models: How To Thrive In The New Innovation Landscape
  • Data and Reality
  • Visual Language for Designers: Principles for Creating Graphics that People Understand
  • Just Do It
  • The Discipline of Market Leaders: Choose Your Customers, Narrow Your Focus, Dominate Your Market
  • Making Innovation Work: How to Manage It, Measure It, and Profit from It
  • Visual Teams: Graphic Tools for Commitment, Innovation, & High Performance
  • Nothing to Hide: The False Tradeoff between Privacy and Security

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »