Start by marking “Jade (Wildflowers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jade (Wildflowers, #3)

Jade

(Wildflowers #3)

Jade had listened to Misty and Star tell their stories. Now it is her time to speak. But she can't. For while the others in Dr. Marlowe's therapy group had exposed their hidden pains and secret pasts, they are nothing like Jade. They don't know what it is like to be a pawn in a courtroom battle too hateful to ever forgive. Or that escaping the madness had lured Jade into a ...more
Published December 31st 1999 by Pocket Books (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Jade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jade

Lexy
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God this is the third book in the wildflowers series and I thought it was more intense and the last two books.
Kelly Gunderman
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Check out this, other reviews, and more fun bookish things on my young adult book blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

***Actual Rating: 4.5/5 Stars***

Jade is the third novel in the Wildflowers series written under the name of V.C. Andrews. While I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this one because I don't care much for books that focus on law or legal goings-on, (it mentions Jade being a pawn in a courtroom drama in the synopsis), it oddly enough ended up being the book I liked best out of all of the

Cassie Kelley
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
The darkness continues to grow deeper in this third installment in the Wildflowers series. Whereas the last two were purely domestic in nature, this one selves deeper into the more disturbing things that can affect a child who is embroiled in a bitter divorce and being forced to choose sides.

Just like with the first two books, this one has excellent character development and delves deeply into the thoughts and feelings of one particular character. Seeing how Jade views the others, especially th
Hannah Benson
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Jade's story was definitely one that would stand out for me within the Wildflowers series. The issues she had to deal with were something I needed to go through in my own life as well. The exciting tidbit of her story also got my blood pumping from being so scared for her. Things like that can and do happen within real life. I would recommend this book.
Jasmine Necaise
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This book took me the longest to read. I caught myself counting how many pages i had left most of the time. I still love the books but the ghost writer really has done something to VC Andrews style. Maybe he should go his own way...
Lugosifan
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars
Nessa
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this series many years ago, I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.
Jessica Dillon
VC Andrews has once again written an exciting, quick read that will appeal to younger and older readers alike. I could remember faintly that something bad had happened to every girl in this series, when they had tried to run away or do something stupid... And for Jade, this was so very true. It was very strange to hear about how Jade desribed being in a chat room etc. This book was published in 1999, so it was a newish thing back then :P She runs off to meet a guy who understands her, since her ...more
Sue Lauzon
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Third book in the Wildflower miniseries. This book was Jade's story, a somewhat spoiled and pampered rich Beverly Hills girl who's parents are going through a nasty divorce. Her parents drag her through the court system trying to win custody of her but she feels more like a prize in a contest. Although the author certainly developed the character and you, as a reader, certainly sympathizes with Jade, there was one, call it an act of rebellion, that just didn't sit well with me. Jade gets herself ...more
✧ Kimberly ✧
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest.
With that being said - it might also explain why I find the ghostwriter's quality of work lacking and less memorable than Andrews true writing, especially with the newer, more modern series.

If your
M.M. Strawberry Reviews
Out of all four books in this series, Jade was easily the worst. It wasn't that she was a spoiled rich girl or anything like that. I actually liked her for a while. However, the cyber-relationship and her falling into "Sonny"'s trap was ludicrous. Yes, this kind of thing happens, but in this book, it is hysterical. Jade is supposed to be a smart girl, she's on the honor roll, whatever.

But when she realized something was wrong, she didn't run. And what follows is just utterly ridiculous as a old
Sonja
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012
Jade is de dochter van zeer rijke ouders, allebei met een verantwoordelijke baan. Als haar ouders willen scheiden, proberen ze allebei de voogdij van hun kind op te eisen. Dit gebeurt door de ander zwart te maken, te bewijzen dat zij meer geld aan de opvoeding van hun kind hebben besteed en vooral door haar liefde te kopen met dure cadeaus. Als Jade echt iemand nodig heeft, hebben haar ouders geen aandacht voor haar. Via internet komt ze in contact met een jongen die haar begrijpt. Jade besluit ...more
Mal
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This one is my favorite, absolutly. I dont exactly know whyy, but I think I just feel closer to Jade then anybody. Which is WAY weird, but I think she's maybe a bit more... I dont know, current? I cant really explain, but this book takes you along her story and past and memories.(**Spoiler alert**) I feel for her, and my feelings grew when she ran away and that man...*shivers*... practically raped her. No one even noticed she was gone! What's up with that?! Again, very powerul words within this ...more
Keshia
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jade has definitly been my favorite in the Wildflower series. Like the others it was simply written but with this one there was more to enjoy. More moments where words captured that magical little insight into something bigger and better. I felt like the pain felt by Jade was truer than the pain felt by the others. Or at least it was in the brilliant description.

In general Jade as a character has been my favorite. I can relate her more than either of the two previous girls. Not only that, but he
Ashley
This was my first encounter with V.C. Andrews work, not "Flowers in the Attic". I later found out that this wasn't even actually V.C but rather a ghost writer. I have seen read another of these "4 small books, one group book" series and to be honest, I can't tell you which is which. I recall simply zipping through all four small books in a night and then the larger one the next but nothing sticks out after 10 years. I liked them enough to keep reading but that was about the extent of it.
Joanie
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jade was at Dr. Marlowes telling her story of her parents pending divorce and the events that happened during the time that she ran away. The therapy group was certainly a success to her and her friends.
The children are really the victimsduring divorce proceedings. Adults will get on with their lives but there will always be a cross to bear with children.
VC Andrews really knows how to tell a story.
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Jade is book three in the Wildflowers series by VC Andrews. This series is about group therapy for four teenage girls, who call themselves OWP's Orphans with Parents. Each book focuses on the tragic story of their lives. The third book is about Jade's life with her neglectful, selfish parents and the road that brought her to Dr Marlowe.
Monica
Sep 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
It is interesting how where a person is in their own life can affect how one feels about a book.
Generally, I probably would have liked this book. But not right now. Why I continued to read it after knowing that I was not in the "right" place to read this is unknown to myself. This book is a standard V.C. Andrews book, again, which I generally enjoy, but not this book, not right now.
Leslie Edwards
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
I remember sneaking these books from my moms book collection when I was 11 or 12. The storyline to all the ones that I have read were pretty terrible but I couldn't stop my 12 year old self from reading them! I can't say I do not like these books because I use to love them! I think I may read one at 26 and see how I feel about them.
Irene
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Jade was actually the least book out of the serie. Her story was kinda boring. THe whole time it's her parents and then suddenly that weird creepy guy. The guy was a good change because her parents really iriitated me.
Nico
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nicole Mathias
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Fiona
Mar 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
set of 5 enjoying them all
Sally
May 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
You see, I didn't like Jade so much reading the other stories, but her story was a good one - interesting and damn creepy!
Angelprincess202007
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gwen
Mar 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Beautiful book, really well-written as well. Loved it.
Marie Pallan
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
good
Kym McNabney
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this a long time ago, but as with all VC Andrews, it was well written, a good story and fast paced. Make sure to read all in this series.. 1D
Melissa
Feb 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is the third book in Andrews' disappointing Wildflowers series. If you enjoy Andrews' books, I would recommend skipping this series.
  • Comfort from a Country Quilt: Finding New Inspiration and Strength in Old-Fashioned Values
  • V.C. Andrews: Her Life and Books
  • Dead Wrong (T*Witches, #4)
  • Homecoming at Hickory Ridge (Hickory Ridge, #5)
  • The Snowman
  • Super Fast, Out of Control!
  • Circle of Gold
  • Finding Me
  • The Case of the Golden Slipper (The New Adventures of Mary Kate & Ashley, #20)
  • Karen's Goldfish (Babysitters Little Sister, #16)
  • Dream Holiday (Sweet 16, #12)
  • The Babysitter's Handbook: The Care and Keeping of Kids
  • Pony Parade (Animal Ark Pets, #7)
  • The Case of the Sea World Adventure (The Adventures of Mary Kate and Ashley, #1)
  • Blood Roots
  • De beha-boomhut
  • Back (Black, #2)
  • The Case of the Logical I Ranch (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #23)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man

Wildflowers (5 books)
  • Misty (Wildflowers, #1)
  • Star (Wildflowers, #2)
  • Cat (Wildflowers, #4)
  • Into the Garden (Wildflowers, #5)