Start by marking “God: The Ultimate Autobiography” as Want to Read:
God: The Ultimate Autobiography

God: The Ultimate Autobiography

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  173 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
In most autobiographies the subject starts at the beginning, but in My case that's tricky. I have no beginning. And, for that matter, I have no end. I'm Infinite.
Published by Salem House Publishers (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God

Fefi
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Questa Bibbia umoristica mi ha fatto abbastanza sorridere, soprattutto la spiegazione della creazione di Adamo che all'inizio,doveva solo fare il giardiniere dell'Eden.
Sono presenti molte frecciatine al genere umano e sembra quasi che il ns.Dio abbia un amore spassionato solo per gli animali e le piante. Si legge in pochissimo tempo, ma soprattutto non ti annoia.
Meaghan
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If you are easily offended by things that could be considered sacrilegious, don't read this book. If you love creative humor on the other hand, you will be laughing out loud reading this book (which can be a rather amusing thing for the people around you). Here's a choice tidbit:

"So I created this little place (heaven). Nothing too ostentatious - just somewhere to hang My halo, as it were. Although don't take this halo business too literally, I obviously don't wear it all the time. It might look
Steve
Oct 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who can laugh at religion
For all of us who love any sort of humor pocking at organized religion, this book is for you!!! And don't fear having to put all other books aside, this is actually one of the shortest books i've ever read, next to fight club. This books is filled with many, very Douglas Adams-like footnotes about what your reading, referencing what your reading as well as making notes to his other "books" like "god on gardening" and "101 things to do with a pillar of salt"
Do yourself a favor and pick this up,
Jamie
Jul 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
God mentions in the preface of this book that the Bible, while well-intentioned, left out some important information and he's writing this autobiography to get the facts straight. What follows is a witty retelling of the creation and early history of mankind that reveals familiar characters and events from the Bible in a whole new light. The only fault I can find with this book is that it ends somewhat abruptly, with a lot of Bible stories still left unexploited.
Naren
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very funny book. An irreverent take on the old testament. If you are someone who gets offended when people make fun of religious feelings/icons etc this is not for you.
Unputdownable is the only word for this book.The only complaint is the book ends rather abruptly and doesn't go all the way to the end of the old testament.
Read it along with another book of Pascall- the hiss and tell memoirs. This one is Satan's autobiography.
sologdin
Walks through well known Hebrew Scripture scenes with an eye for comical bits. Tone is more in the manner of friendly ribbing, rather than the anti-theistic animus of Saramago's Cain, say.
Sisyphus
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'd tell you how hilarious this book is, but I'm out of breath from laughing too much. Read this review with quotes, pictures et al while I clutch my sides and try not to fall off my chair: http://theinsomniacsleepwalker.tumblr...
Massimiliano Liscia
Un libro simpatico che si lascia leggere velocemente. Eppure mi ha deluso. Certo qualche risatina (ma proprio ina) ci scappa, ma niente di più.
Se volete davvero ridere su questo tema, vi consiglio "Parola di Giobbe" del grande Giobbe covatta, è infinitamente meglio di questo.
Michelle
irreverent, cynical, but quite funny satire on what God did in Genesis--like a Dave Barry column--might be fun for an adult read aloud but has some inappropriate references/language
M
Mar 14, 2008 rated it liked it
Given to me by a friend in college... and still makes me chuckle.
Thedude2511
Dec 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ironically...Funny as Hell!
Michael Ware
Dec 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Only slightly sacrilegious. Clever and witty and if you don't take yourself too seriously you will laugh.
Heather
One of the best books ever. Very smart, very funny.
Rustam
Oct 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
Thought it was hilarious when I read it in high school, so I'll go with 4 stars.
Nicole Greene
Jul 24, 2012
Radhika
Jul 21, 2010
Keith
rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2013
Oct 31, 2012
Michael Lazure
Apr 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Missing Page Count for ISBN 0881622923 2 12 Oct 03, 2013 10:15PM
  • Pretty Good Joke Book
  • Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln
  • The Norton Anthology of American Literature, Volume A: Literature to 1820
  • God's Other Son
  • The Mountains of Channandran (Winter King's War, #3)
  • How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack: Defend Yourself When the Lawn Warriors Strike (And They Will)
  • Apocalypse Wow!:  A Memoir for the End of Time
  • The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten
  • Il corpo e il sangue di Eymerich
  • It's Thanksgiving
  • Christmas Is Good!: Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom
  • The Woman Who Named God: Abraham's Dilemma and the Birth of Three Faiths
  • On Marriage and Family Life
  • And When She Opened the Closet, All The Clothes Were Polyester: A FoxTrot Collection
  • The Cat's Quizzer
  • Garfield Gets Cookin' (Garfield #38)
  • New Junior Cookbook (Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen)
  • Waiting for the Galactic Bus (Snake Oil, #1)
Jeremy Pascall was an English screenwriter, broadcaster, journalist and author. He specialized in writing about humour and rock music, starting his career at the magazine New Musical Express. At 26 he moved on to be a producer at London's Capital Radio. He has written several books.

He was an accomplished music journalist, coming of age in the '60s. He interviewed all the big rock stars of the time
More about Jeremy Pascall...

“Era l’unico a non mettere mai sale sulle vivande, spiegando: «Non si può mai sapere chi era, una volta».” 0 likes