Start by marking “Sweet Honesty” as Want to Read:
Sweet Honesty

Sweet Honesty (Carmen Browne #2)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Ten-year-old Carmen settles into her new home in Ettrick, Virginia. It's Christmas and Carmen has a problem: she's bored and conspires against her parents to have a "free day" at the mall without them. A subplot in the story involves adopted brother, Clay, as he continues to wonder about his real parents, and Carmen decides to help him dig into his past. Will her parents f ...more
Published June 1st 2005 by Lift Every Voice

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Honesty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Honesty

Selena.Davis
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that this was a good book. It shows that when you're younger you can't wait until you get older. I recommend this book. I think that it shows different things such as trying to go behind your parents' backs with things because you want to grow up. I enjoyed this book and suggest it for others.
One major external conflict is when Carmen and her two friends Layah and Rianna have a disagreement. Their friendship comes to a halt. Carmen finds herself being alone while her two ex friends are
Brianna
This was a really cute book.Although it was not like the books I normally read I did enjoy it.It is more for kids that are a little younger than us though.

It was about a girl who is planning to do a little stunt with her friends in order to show their parents that they are responsible.There are also problems that she comes across with her adopted older brother, but I cannot get into much detail or I would be telling the book.It was good,but it is a book that your younger sister may want to read.
OOSA
Sep 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Honesty

Carmen has made minor adjustments in school. It's now Christmas break and she's a little bored. Her brother, who she learned was adopted in `True Friends,' is sneaking to look for his parents. His big sis Carmen has decided to help him. Will their parents catch on to what they're doing? How will their parents feel when they learn this secret?

`Sweet Honesty' was just okay. It just wasn't as interesting, but I still would recommend it to others.

Reviewed by: Marshae
Pre-teen Reviewer
Alexis Mckinney
Characterizations: Carmen Browne. I think she is a good child that wants to become something she’s not and do things that she doesn’t do. She letting her friends get her into something. “We talked little longer, and though the plane was way out there, I was excited about my friends. Though the whole lying thing made me uneasy” her friends wanted her to lie to her parents just so they can go to the mall.
Shea Wingfield
Stephanie Perry Moore is one of the best authors from the books i have read. It was a good book but not one of the best i have read.
Tricia Paul
Feb 18, 2012
La Bella Nunez
Jan 03, 2013
219186
STEPHANIE PERRY MOORE is the author of many Young Adult Christian fiction titles, including the Payton Skky series, the Laurel Shadrach series, the Perry Skky Jr. series, the Faith Thomas Novelzine series, the Carmen Browne series, and the Beta Gamma Pi series. She is also the co-editor for the impactful BibleZine, REAL. Mrs. Moore speaks with young people across the country, showing them how they ...more
More about Stephanie Perry Moore...

Carmen Browne (5 books)
  • True Friends (Carmen Browne, #1)
  • Golden Spirit (Carmen Browne, #3)
  • Perfect Joy (Carmen Browne, #4)
  • Happy Princess (Carmen Browne, #5)