Start by marking “Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)

Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires #2)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  214 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Vampires Jean-Marie St. Just and Hélène d?Agelet have loved each other for centuries. But now Hélène finds her passion for Jean-Marie threatened once again, this time by an unsettled family legacy of revenge.

Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bond of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bond of Fire

ALPHAreader
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cindyg
Jan 06, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so difficult for me to get through. First off it started back in the 1700's and didn't get to the present time until half way through. Then it repeated some of the first book which drove me nuts. The quarter of the book finally got my interest.
I really like Jean-Marie but there really wasn't enough of him in the present time and because I skipped alot of the first half I really didn't bond to the characters.
Just an okay but sometimes painful read.
I hope Bond of Darkness is a better expe
Marissa
Jan 21, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Jean-Marie St. Just and Hélène d’Agelet fall in love in Paris in 1787. He is a concubino compañero, a vampire companion who needs blood and sex from a specific vampire in order to survive. She is a widow of noble status and great wealth. Duty and loyalty separate them for many years and when they meet again in Spain in1808 she is a vampira (female vampire) and a spy for the British. He is a spy for the Americans and is at the end of his life as a concubino compañero since one such as him can onl ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox

I have to admit that I bought this book because I loved the cover!!!! At first, I realized that most of the book takes place in the 17th and 18th century, which I am not crazy about even though I do love paranormal romance.

In the beginning I found it difficult to read so I put it aside on my TBR shelf and eventually I decided to try again and this time I did get to the last page.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I probably would have enjoyed reading more if I had known that
Theresa
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of this reads like a detailed history novel rather that a vampire romance. But I’ve always wished for more detail on the past of various vampires I’ve read about. We know that they have lived hundreds of years but, other than a brief mention, we usually don’t get much detail. So this has been a refreshing insight and educational. The French revolution part is especially interesting from the vampire POV. But it is too slow in the middle as we follow the travels (which are confusing) of Rod ...more
Jen
Oct 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good read and woo I can say that after, let me check... only 65 pages in! However, it is explicit in certain departments (blushworthy)-- but I am liking it thus far-- and oh, there are the vampires! I love books about vampires. The whole Ann Rice... Lestat thing-- well, Jean St. Just, one of the main characters is conjuring up some fond Lestat memories. Plus I am learning a little French and finding the Spanish easy to translate-- who knew?? Psst... plus there is a glossary at the back ...more
Erinaceina
This was the weakest book in a series I adore. The first hundred or so pages were neither massively romantic nor very paranormal-flavoured. They also lacked the heat that I would normally expect from Whiteside. It could have done with more time spent exploring the relationship between the two characters and less historical exposition. From when the story moves to Spain during the Peninsula War, I felt that the romantic and paranormal elements became far more prominent. Very little of the action ...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
This series is in the heart of Texas; the tale alternates between the past and the present as well as English and Spanish. Vampire Rafael Perez is a powerful vampire who rules his territory with the help of his minions, and a crusader who unwillingly becomes a vampire. I found this series confusing, thus hard to follow. I liked the characters and was rooting for the happy ending but the way the story is just far too complicated in my opinion. This is another series I had to take a break from as ...more
Sarah Wagner
I was initially impressed with this author because of the combination of an actual plot and erotica. This installment, however, I feel should be labeled romance instead of erotica, as the characters spend more time fighting their battles than between the sheets. An okay read overall, with the author providing an original take on vampire mythology and displaying intricate relationships between the characters.
Angel Martin
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-pile
Kinda had to force myself to finish. It was alright. I mean Im not gonna run out and by the others to read I might read them if I come across them.I really like the author but not this series.Too much history and alot of looking for meanings of words in glossary in back.
Elizabeth
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
I had a really hard time getting into this book. I thought the first half was boring and then it finally got to a point where I could just sit there and read it in one sitting. I don't know if it would've helped to read book one first or not but I just wasn't feeling it.
Cassandra
I like how this book went into the past by 200-300 years when the characters were younger. I also like the relationshipe between Jean-Marie and Helene. This book starts out slow with some slow areas in between, but I liked the action packed ending.
Tasneem
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
I enjoyed this story. Beautifully written and so emotionally fulfilling. I loved their love, their fight for each other. I adored the scenery and the atmosphere too. A really unexpected pleasure to find this book amongst the local library shelves.
kat
Sep 12, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a long time that I haven't finished, because I'm just a committed reader. I thought it'd be a bit more substantial if corny, but it was just another trashy romance novel with vampires thrown in as an after thought.
Kathy Davie
It was okay. I liked the story but the writing was uneven. It almost felt as though the author was stabbing into it.
Felicia (Ferishia)
Bond of Fire: A Novel of Texas Vampires by Diane Whiteside (2008)
colleen
Good vampire paranormal romance series.
Tina
Donna Masnick
Dec 09, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
So far 4 9 Dec 08, 2009 08:46AM
  • Be Mine Forever (Forever Vampires #3)
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
  • Return to Me
  • Heart and Soul (The Hunters, #9-10)
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • A Vampire's Claim (Vampire Queen, #3)
  • Courting Midnight (Midnight, #3)
  • Demon Blood (The Guardians, #6)
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Lucinda, Dangerously (Demon Princess Chronicles, #2)
  • Unleashed
  • After Sundown (Vampire Trilogy, #2)
  • Dreamwalker
  • Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)
  • Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)
  • Night Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #3)
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • Still in My Heart (Ryland Brothers, #5)
By day, Diane Whiteside builds and designs computer systems for the government. By night, she escapes into a world of alpha males and the unique women who turn their lives upside down. Noticing the lack of a husband to keep Diane in line, her Tibetan Terrier stepped up to the plate and makes sure that Diane does everything The Right Way which means lots of walks and dog treats. For more informatio ...more
More about Diane Whiteside...

Texas Vampires (5 books)
  • Bond of Blood (Texas Vampires #1)
  • Unleashed
  • Bond of Darkness (Texas Vampires, #3)
  • Crimson Kisses (Texas Vampires, #3.25)