Start by marking “Barefoot Bride for Three (Bride Train, #1)” as Want to Read:
Barefoot Bride for Three (Bride Train, #1)

Barefoot Bride for Three (Bride Train #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  789 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Elizabeth James escapes an odious fiancé by heading west on the first Bride Train of 1870. She finds herself at the end of the line in the Tanner’s Ford jail, forced to marry the town bully unless someone else defies Big Joe to marry her.

Sheriff Chambers banned the Elliotts from town until one got a wife and settled them all down. Finding a defiant Trace Elliott in town, t
Published August 2010 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Barefoot Bride for Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barefoot Bride for Three

Jonel Boyko
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
Butler is a sinfully descriptive, wildly erotic author who combines all the excitement of the bedroom with all the emotion of a budding relationship in one complete package. She brings the hardships of the western expansion to life right alongside all the excide of a ménage relationship in a vividly realistic manner that not only drew me in, but had me wishing for these enticing men for myself.

I loved getting to know the characters that Reece has developed for this chemically charged tale. Trac
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Elizabeth James escapes a forced marriage and awful treatment by her father and joins the Bride Train.

Trace Elliott and his brothers have been banned from town for fighting too much, and the sheriff thinks that if one of them marries, they will settle down, as their friend stopped coming to town when he married!

Beth is in jail at the start of the story, as the the town "bully" accosted her and she fought back, and since the town bully works for the mayor, to keep her safe the sheriff keeps her
Jacqueline
Maybe 1-1/2 stars. This was menage. The sex scenes were so so. Nothing that really stands out. The writing was servicable at the best. There was an attempt made to really place it in its time in history although some of the scenes the author chose to include struck me as odd choices. After the wedding night did I really need a scene in a local eatery where everyone talked about the 'noises' they'd heard the night before? See even here it sounds more reasonable than it actually was. The whole poi ...more
Therinia
Aug 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a book I enjoyed reading. It is what I call a goody-goody romance; one that is feel good without much conflict. It isn't realistic, more of a fantasy love story with everyone having fun and getting along. The sex was hot and there was lots of it. I'll definitely be reading the next story!
StellaR
Don't judge a book by its cover! It's worth reading every page, I promise :)
ൠSinful
Soul satisfying and heat igniting! Yahoo!

I'm not much for historical romance, but y'all, this one really revved my engine. At over two hundred pages, it was long enough to really tell a good story while including all the down and dirty cowboy kink I was originally hunting for. Elizabeth James, an independent, intelligent, strong heroine born before her time called to my inner Elizabeth Bennet. While her three cowboys made the journey fun, erotic and quite honestly, touching, it was Elizabeth Jam
Kiki
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Beth is a great heroine. I really loved her.

Reece Butler has created a very realistic setting. I went to her website and found a wealth of research for this Bride Train series. All that thought and research comes through in her books and is kind of surprising to find in a menage series.

I love the absolute depth of characters in this book and its sequel.

If I could, I'd give this book a 3.5, but due to the intense research and realistic feel of the series, I'll go ahead and swing it toward 4 ins
Brutally Honest
I did quite enjoy this one, and it actually got me to read the next one in the series (gasp!). Other than the usual inconsistencies in the behavior of the guys (they enjoy a strong woman but not when she stands up for herself bullshit), it was good. I also enjoyed the "heroes with disabilities" thing, which was handled quite well.
Leonie
Oct 02, 2016 added it
Barefoot Bride for Three (Bride Train, #1) by Reece Butler

Since this is my first book by Reece Butler, I am very impressed.

Beth, escape the clutches of her father and a marriage she did not want, only to end up in jail and married.

Trace Elliot only wanted warm food, a woman and a bed to sleep in for the night. What he got was a wife.

Good story.

Judith
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Book One in the Bride's Train series and one that is compelling for several reasons. First, the hero, Trace Elliott has given up on finding a wife. Suffering irreparable damage to his vocal chords in previous years, his voice has "turned off" any prospective brides effectively. Now there is a woman who is in the town jail because she refused to be mauled by the town bully and the sheriff--a fair and kind man at heart--has locked her up for her own safety. The mayor--who is really in the bully's ...more
Kymberly Holland
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who need Shoes When Theres Hot Sex With 3 Ranchers

I bought this the first book in the Bride Train Series on a whim. Boy am I glad I did! Ms. Butler has been a real surprise new author to me! Her creation of Tanner's Ford, Montana in the 1800's is so realistic I actually tried to look it up on a map! The rich scenes and well rounded characters make you truly feel as if you are there in the story. Its a wonderful world to lose oneself in for an afternoon.

Elizabeth "Beth" James runs from an arrange
LynnMarie
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Wendy’s Review

This story is a fun and easy read. Reece Butler brings you into the Wild West with a bang. From the first sentence she has you on your toes wanting so much for these characters to be happy.

Elizabeth James is full of sass and vinegar. She is a tough as nails woman who had a hard life and lived through it. Her beauty went unnoticed until she met three rugged hardworking men who only wanted to make her happy and loved.

Trace was the oldest and he lived through his parents’ death, bei
Jennette
Did I read this book before? It was a bit ordinary. I like stories that take place in this time period and in a western location. This just seemed too typical except for the sharing that's only typical of this this particular category of m/f/m/m books. Strong willed women deemed unmarriagable meets a strong silent type man who doesn't believe in love. TaDa a novel is born. It isn't bad, but it isn't great either. I was entertained so that's something. I'll probably read the next one but I am tem ...more
Sandra
I really liked this book. Beth was a great heroine and Trace was an amazing hero.

I really think this would have worked without the ménage aspect of the story (I felt that in book #2 as well).

The sexytime in the book wasn't as hot as I thought it was going to be.. I've read a lot better and more exciting in other books that I didn't like half as much as I liked this one.

PS - I've never really been a fan of brothers, cousins, BFFs sharing a partner. This one is ok. Simon (& others show up in b
Annie
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
After a re-read I like this book more than I did the first time through. The rest of the series really does fill in some holes that were left in this book.I enjoyed the story line. Heroine (Beth) fit the men's personality well.

The heroine went from virgin to wanton slut *very* quickly. But the sex scenes were great and the not over done.

It is historical. I may read the next one just to see if the series starts to suck me in or not. **update** The series has sucked me in! :)
namericanwordcat
The western part of this romance is very good as is the love story. I like all the characters very much and can even somewhat suspend my disbelief as to the wife sharing among brothers. I would do this better if we in Sci-Fi land but I can hang.

The erotica is not as good. There are body part details that are not not not sexy. LOL.

The writing is good as is the plot. I might pick up more in the series hoping for better details in the erotic parts.
Jill
Thoroughly enjoyable and a wonderful suprise. I mean come on , the title and the front cover really don't do this book justice. But there is a good storyline a bit more than just a wham bam book. Genuinely interesting characters.
One of the best Menages I have read in a good long while. I am really looking forward to the other books in this series.
Julianna
I have read this book a couple of times now and have liked it every time. Butler really developes the characters and has the ability to draw you in and make you care. And the heroines are not some wilting flower either which is great. Will of course reaf this one again as well as the rest of the series.
Shannon Brown
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I will never look at lard the same way again...lol.

I can across this book by accident and decided to give it a try. It's not your typical menage since it's set in the old west, but that's a point in this books favor. The entire story is very interesting. There's not really a whole lot of kink, but I still enjoyed it. I may continue the series, again it's an interesting premise
Willa Edwards
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are full and very real. I loved Beth. She's so feisty and yet has a big soft heart. The brothers are so much fun. The way they fight and bicker reminds me so much of real I had to stop myself from laughing out loud.

I can't wait to check out the rest of the series.
Dar
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book, you felt for Beth and Trace, and Simon and Jack are your comic relief, although you connect with each of the characters stories. Decided to try this series out, and now I'm hooked!!
Brea Ann
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Reece Butler. When I read what it was about, I wasn't sure I would like it due to the era. I am not one for historical books. But, after reading the e-book, I really loved it!! I will be purchasing more books from this author in the future!
♂♀♂ Mary's Menage Reviews ♂♂♀

to read my review for this series (1-4): http://marywhispers.blog.com/?p=109

book #5 here: http://marywhispers.blog.com/?p=866
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
3.5 stars. This is one I keep returning to again and again. If you like historicals and menage, this one's for you.
Libby Oglesby
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book. It's another one of my re-reads.
Lori Whitwam
Don't let the tacky cover fool you. It's actually a good story, and not at all cheesy.
Serena
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-mfm
My Rating System:
Serena Lund
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Most excelent
I don't normally read historic erotica but it's good to change and this was a great book to change with.
Brittany
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I was looking for a good menage book and decided to give this a shot. It was just okay. There was an okay story. I just wasn't over the moon about it.
  • Beaumonts’ Brand
  • Amanda's Texas Rangers
  • Love Under Two Gunslingers (Lusty, Texas, #1 Lost Collection)
  • Damaged Cowboys
  • Kansas Heat (Kansas Heat, #1)
  • Mail Order Bride for Two (Badlands, #1)
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • The First Bride (Brides of Bachelor Bay, #1)
  • Belonging to Them (Men of the Border Lands, #1)
  • Bridled and Branded (Bridled #1)
  • Delilah's Downfall (Texas Temptations, #2)
  • Half Hearts
  • Keen Inclination (A Bride for Eight Brothers, #4)
  • Heavenly Angel (Divine Creek Ranch, #3)
Reece Butler loves writing, and researching, erotic menage romance featuring hot Montana ranchers and Highlanders -- cowboys and kilts!

More about Reece Butler

Bride Train (9 books)
  • A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise  (Bride Train, #2)
  • Compromised Cowgirl (Bride Train, #3)
  • A Convenient Husband (Bride Train, #4)
  • 1 Bed, 2 Weddings, 3 Husbands  (Bride Train, #5)
  • Beauty and the Beasts (Bride Train, #6)
  • The Badger City Gang (Bride Train, #7)
  • Southern Seduction (Bride Train, #8)
  • Demanding Satisfaction (Bride Train #9)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • At Wave's End
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49