Start by marking “Without A Trace” as Want to Read:
Without A Trace

Without A Trace

For genealogist Sarah Montague, finding an adoptee's natural parents, even with few clues, was routine. But in Michael De Lorio's case, the only clue was the terrifying nightmare that had haunted him all his life—a nightmare that he feared might be a memory of a terror that was all too real.

Even so, Michael had never dreamed that his search for the truth could lead to dang
Published October 10th 2006 by Harlequin (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Without A Trace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without A Trace

Saly
Another mediocre read for my Monday, which I know happens especially when you go on an oldie binge which is what I am doing. I found the book dated and the hero/heroine and their action so TSTL!The hero has been having dreams of a blood-soaked room and contacts the heroine to trace his adoptive parents despite being told by his father to let things lie. Immediately the threats, vandalism start but do these people figure it out nope! I was left feeling so frustrated throughout the book with these ...more
jenjn79
Jun 10, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: favorite author
I've been curious about the four Harlequin Intrigue books Anderson wrote since I started reading her stuff. I missed buying them when they were reissued 2 years ago, but finally got 2 of them out of the library recently (and picked up 1 used).

For as long as he can remember, Michael has had horrible nightmares of blood and terror, and he's beginning to think they may be repressed memories. But whenever he tries to get answers about his childhood, he is stonewalled at every turn. So he goes to gen
Sara
Who are you, and where is Catherine Anderson?

Seriously, this was...so different from every other book of hers I've read. It's set in the city! No horses! Dogs, but only a few and they're just part of the final climax! A cat! The heroine keeps a cool head and her angst is subtle! The guy is the broken one with the scary past! No attempted rape! Both the hero and the heroine get in trouble and rescue each other! And for once, you wonder if there's going to be a happily ever after and the couple's
Widala
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
First of all, if you're looking for a romance story with a little bit of action in it, this book is not for you. It's an action pack masquerading as a Harlequin book.
But for me, after reading it a few pages I've became invested with the action part I didn't mind the romance taking the back seat. Its twists and turns made me difficult to put this book down.
What I like most was how Sarah and Michael was such a good team. They supported each other, rescued each other. And even sometimes Michael tr
Mary Ni
Nov 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mystery readers
This book was amazing. i love it. it was about this man name michael who was adopted and is trying to find his biological parents.His adoptee father wont let him but michael continue to dig until it was too late to turn back. michael was wanted by two groups of people. one group was the La Grande who was very powerful in chicago and wanted micheal so he could get hold of micheal's adoptee father. while the other group was michael's uncle, who wanted to kill him so he can continued to enjoy all o ...more
Fbeatriz
Mar 22, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Gostei do livro. Não é lamechas nem uma história super cor-de-rosa. É um livro sobre a vida actual, em que, muitas vezes, decuidamos a nossa vida pessoal, a favor da profissional, ao ponto de quase perdermos a oportunidade de ter uma familia, um relacionamento, alguém que goste realmente de nós pelo que somos.
É também um livro sobre as familias monoparentais de hoje, em que os divórcios separam os casais e os filhos, e em que nem sempre é fácil ultrapassar as dificuldades que surgem e curar as f
Liz Sergent
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I read a book a few years ago about an person looking for their birth parents. I thought this book would be just as good but it was a little bit of a let down. So much of the plot was not realistic and I am sorry but the main lead was a Psychiatrist - he could handle the truth. Another issue was all of the names, I was flipping back trying to remember who was who and who had what name in the past and now. Very confusing. Unfortunately this is not going to be on my keeper shelf.
Lauren
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it
An older Catherine Anderson book. The suspense was great, the romance a little lacking. Anderson has definitely evolved as a writer since her earlier novels.

Michael was adopted and goes to Sarah's company to help him find his birth parents. The action and suspense kept me invested in the book because the romance was just ok.
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Early Catherine Anderson. Nice suspense, good action, a little light on the romance, but still a nice read.
Michelle
Jan 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
This books was not interesting to me at all About a man trying to find his birth parents and someone is out to kill him.
Eileen Carter
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very fast paced book with many twists and turns that will leave you shocked at the end.
Maria
Nov 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Anderson does edge-of-the-seat, spine-tingling suspense well and manages to keep it up for over half the book. I've thoroughly enjoyed these out-of-prints from an excellent author.
Norma Gaddy
May 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Boss's Wife For A Week
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Seduced into a Paper Marriage (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills, #6)
  • Blackmailed Into a Fake Engagement (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills #1)
  • Winter's Edge
  • Safe by His Side (Colby Agency, #1)
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct, #11)
  • One Hot Forty-Five
  • A Baby Before Dawn (Lights Out, #2)
  • Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed
(1)romance author:
Adeline Catherine was born and raised in Grants Pass, Oregon, USA. She always yearned to be a writer like her mother. The morning that one of her professors asked if she could use samples of Catherine’s creative writing on an overhead projector to teach was