Start by marking “Harry Potter: The Prequel (Harry Potter, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter: The Prequel (Harry Potter, #0.5)

Harry Potter: The Prequel

(Harry Potter 0.5)

The Harry Potter Prequel is an 800-word story written by J. K. Rowling, and was published online on June 11th, 2008. Set three years before the birth of Harry Potter, the story recounts an adventure had by Sirius Black and James Potter.

J.K. Rowling announced on May 28, 2008 that she was writing a prequel story for English PEN, the writers' association, and the Dyslexia Soc
Published June 11th 2008 by Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter, please sign up.
Raiann You can't buy it because it wasn't published. It was handwritten on a card by JK Rowling, and auctioned to a lucky bidder for charity. You can see the…moreYou can't buy it because it wasn't published. It was handwritten on a card by JK Rowling, and auctioned to a lucky bidder for charity. You can see the card and the story typed out here:

(Hint: you may have to scroll down a bit.)(less)

Rose
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
okay, now i'm crying.

after finishing this way-too-short prequel, i'm sad because 1.] i want more 2.] this was really, really good 3.] I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

“Names!”
“Names?” repeated the long-haired driver. “Er – well, let’s see. There’s Wilberforce… Bathsheba… Elvendork…”
“And what’s nice about that one is, you can use it for a boy or a girl,” said the boy in glasses.
Kai
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, pottershelf
‘Oh, OUR names, did you mean? You should’ve said! This here is James Potter, and I’m Sirius Black!’

description

Now what was that supposed to mean?

Find more of my books on Instagram
Anne
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I feel like I've been punk'd.

The ending.
What did you think? Who do you think the guys in the alley were? Why were James and Sirius trying to go so fast on their bikes? So many questions!

So many questions. No kidding. Lucky me. I get to do all the asking and wondering. I can't even -

**DRIVES BACK** But wait. Seriously, is it that some pages are missing from the version of the story I read? Maybe it's some kind of puzzle! **RECHECKS. AGAIN** Nope.
I'M OUT. AGAIN.

I still love you, J.K, uncond
Archit Ojha
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All those Harry Potter fans out there
Shelves: ebooks

Woah!

I did not know that this existed.

The only problem with this book was that it was not a book. A 3 page prequel.

"I felt like the times never turned. Harry Potter remains the best book I have ever read."

The bond between Sirius and James is too strong to be suppressed in the pages of memory. They stay alive and afresh, no matter at which point of time you read them.

Your age does not matter. It never does.
All that matters, is the warmth in your heart.

Thank you Ritu for recommending this to me
India
I read this a few weeks ago online actually, and it was short but great.

It refueled the fire within me that burns just to say, "We need a Marauders book/movie."

We need one.

Now.

I'm looking at you, Rowling.
Sumit RK
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it

Set three years before the birth of Harry Potter, the story recounts an adventure had by Sirius Black and James Potter. The story is just 800 words & 4 pages long, so i don’t think it qualifies as a full sequel. Perhaps it would have worked better as a bonus chapter in the Prisoner of Azkaban or even the Order of the Phoenix (Harry accessing one of the memories stored in Dumbledore’s office, again )

But reading this book brought back memories of reading Harry Potter and this book was written

Pooja
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Archit Ojha, Archana Bhoi
Shelves: short-novels
Remember the time when your ate your favorite chocolates and nothing would stop you from saying "I want more of it, Please!!"

This prequel left me saying the same thing!!

First I come to know a prequel of Harry Potter exists and when I read it, it sums itself up in the blink of an eye!! Why Why Why!!

Such a small read!! If that's not cheating and betrayal, then I don't know what is!!!

P
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I have acute nostalgia for HP today and recall that I haven't read this one, I don't know why, but I decided to read it anyway. This is a too-short story. James and Sirius get into trouble, nothing serious. But the main point is that we see their lives being so lively and full of energy. Sirius is an basically easy-going guy, and I wonder if it's possible to learn more about him in the future with other short stories, companion novels or whatsoever.

I think I might reread all of the HP books agai
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, short-stories
I didn't know that I had missed something from my beloved series. When I came to know about this, I went for this without wasting more time.

This story is just a little adventure of James Potter and Sirius Black (one of my favourite characters in the series) Good!! :D :D

This story was too short. But still J. K. Rowling didn't fail to entertain me. That's why I love her works. So sad she didn't write more fantasy books after Harry Potter series. 😔 She wrote just one series and wrote it in a way t
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ya, fantasy
oh my poor little heart, it could not take this tiny little sliver of happiness. eight-hundred words were not enough, I needed more of padfoot and prongs.

"The one who had been driving had long black hair; his insolent good looks reminded Fisher unpleasantly of his daughter’s guitar-playing, layabout boyfriend. The second boy also had black hair, though his was short and stuck up in all directions; he wore glasses and a broad grin."

*sobs*

you can read the 800 word prequel written by JK for a c
Dannii Elle
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet, full of nostalgic feels and obviously five stars as it was written by Queen Rowling!
MischaS_
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
...This here is James Potter, and I’m Sirius Black!”
“Things’ll be seriously black for you in a minute, you cheeky little —”

Okay - it is official now! We need a book SERIES about the Marauders!
Hamad
Aug 05, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018-reads, e-books
I "siriusly" can't rate this because too short!

What did the comedian say to Harry Potter? Why so Sirius?

Hannah ♡
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish JK Rowling would write 7 books about the Marauders' life in Hogwarts.. Is it too much to ask?😭😭
Vaneesha
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Both were dressed in T-shirts emblazoned with a large golden bird; the emblem, no doubt, of some deafening, tuneless rock band"

A LARGE GOLDEN BIRD ....

... A PHOENIX?

Are James and Sirius wearing matching ORDER OF THE PHOENIX t-shirts?!??!?!?!??!?! LMFAOFJHwioefhgbiuakjs those idiots
ambsreads
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God.

If you would like to read this: http://www.mugglenet.com/harry-potter...

“We’d have loved to stop for a chat,” said the boy in glasses, “only we were trying —”

“Don’t get smart – you two are in a heap of trouble!” snarled Anderson. “Names!”

“Oh, OUR names, did you mean?” asked the fi
Sara Kamjou
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
مگه جادو کردن جلوی مشنگ ها نقض قانون رازداری نیست؟
Hayat
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
`Thanks very much!' called Sirius over the throb of the engine. `We owe you one!'
`Yeah, nice meeting you!' said James. `And don't forget: Elvendork! It's unisex!'

If you're thinking, 'what the hell' and 'this makes no sense', then you should read Harry Potter: Prequel because it makes as much sense as that quote. It feels odd to give anything related to the Harry Potter series anything less than 5 stars but this novella really has nothing to do with the series and it adds nothing to the series e
Ariel
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
“And don’t forget: Elvendork! It’s unisex!”

description

I needed something light - this fit the bill. If you haven't read it yet, you have no earthly idea exactly how short 800 words can feel.

As a side note: I really really love the image of James, Lily, Sirius, and Lupin all matching in Order of the Phoenix tees.

Lily: I believe it's called a secret society...
Lupin: Well, right. She has a point...
James: No one will ever know, you worry too much!
Sirius: Well we could tattoo ourselves up with our symbol but
Gorgona Grim
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jedan trenutak ti puls ubrza od radosti zbog susreta sa starim likovima i već sledeći te žacne tuga jer je u pitanju kratka priča od svega 800 reči. Opisana nam je dogodovština iz mladosti Džejmsa i Sirijusa koja prikazuje susret sa policijom nakon što su uhvaćeni kako prebrzo voze svima poznati motorcikl. Situacija i postupci policajaca će vas svakako oraspoložiti, kao uostalom i zafrkavanje dobro poznatog dvojca.

Iako je Roulingova navela da je u pitanju samo kratka priča, nakon objavljivanja
C.
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
There is an art to fitting a full tale into a few pages. This contained one action scene of unexplained fragments, in Jo Rowling’s 800 words for a dyslexia charity. A conclusion, however short on details, can be achieved; even on a restaurant drinking cup. I will discuss that, when I review Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s “Two-Minute Apocalypse”. Notably, “Harry Potter: The Prequel”, 2008, is a treat; just by being an additional glimpse of much-loved characters. James has seldom been seen.

A “Harry Potter”
“Oh, OUR names, did you mean?” asked the first, as Anderson spluttered with rage. “You should’ve said! This here is James Potter, and I’m Sirius Black!”
“Things’ll be seriously black for you in a minute, you cheeky little —”

drop everything and read these three pages because:
● jk rowling
● sirius black the long haired driver
● elvendork
● THE MOTORCYCLE
● it’s the most iconic vehicle in all 7 books
● 1/2 of the marauders
● she wrote this to make money for two charities
● sirius and james: Bad Bo
TL
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: favorites
Only complaint, way too short *pouts* So much fun to read :)

Oh, you wanted a real review? Too bad :-P ;-)

Read the story here
Leore
★ ★ stars! I liked this but it added nothing to series. I suppose it’s a good example of the sort of shenanigans Sirius and James got up to in their younger years.
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
3.5 Golden Stars

that was cute! & fun!
but short!
I hope we had more James & Sirius & marauders' stories!
I loved James! even before I knew this fancast.😍
description

edits below from my marauders account on instagram:
Aisling Zena
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The unofficial Harry Potter prequel is an 800-word story written by J.K. Rowling. It was handwritten for a charity event at Waterstone’s.

Just 800 words filled with wonder!

Zainab Shah
What a pair of dorks. Loved it! It was really short though.
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: novellas
Oh boy! Reading about James Potter and Sirius Black as a teenager is a true delight.
Azbaqiyah
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, novella
Oh my! James and Sirius so funny! I need more! J.K. Rowling should make books about this two troublemakers.
Marina
** Books 222 - 2017 **

3,1 of 5 stars!

What?! I've never know before such prequel is exist! :O
Okay it maybe not count into novel since it is only 3 pages! Shorter than Short stories =__=a

the link :
Goodreads Librari...: Is this a book? 2 21 Jan 01, 2018 05:26PM
Goodreads Librari...: Is this a book? 2 23 Jan 01, 2018 05:26PM
Around the Year i...: Harry Potter: The Prequel, by J.K. Rowling 3 59 Dec 15, 2016 11:17PM
  • The Shoebox Project
  • The Journey
  • Råta (Ravneringene, #2)
  • Feast or Famine (Temeraire, #1.5)
  • Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)
  • The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) [Revised]: Actor's Edition
  • Season Of Secrets
  • The Iron Wolf and Other Stories
  • Pirates and Prejudice
  • The Wordkeepers (The Wordkeepers Trilogy, No. 1)
  • Marsupial Sue Book and CD
  • Wizard Fantastic
  • A Christmas Jar for Santa - A Christmas Jars Story
  • Sparkly Pens (Sparkly Pens, #1-3)
  • Harry Potter Colouring Book
  • 妖狐×僕SS [Inu x Boku Secret Service] 04
  • The Moment (Lila, #0.6)
  • The Year Without Christmas (Sweet Valley Twins Super Edition #10)