Start by marking “Harry Potter: The Prequel (Harry Potter, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter: The Prequel (Harry Potter, #0.5)

Harry Potter: The Prequel

(Harry Potter #0.5)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  19,325 ratings  ·  1,298 reviews
The Harry Potter Prequel is an 800-word story written by J. K. Rowling, and was published online on June 11th, 2008. Set three years before the birth of Harry Potter, the story recounts an adventure had by Sirius Black and James Potter.

J.K. Rowling announced on May 28, 2008 that she was writing a prequel story for English PEN, the writers' association, and the Dyslexia Soc
Published June 11th 2008 by Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter, please sign up.
Raiann You can't buy it because it wasn't published. It was handwritten on a card by JK Rowling, and auctioned to a lucky bidder for charity. You can see the…moreYou can't buy it because it wasn't published. It was handwritten on a card by JK Rowling, and auctioned to a lucky bidder for charity. You can see the card and the story typed out here:

(Hint: you may have to scroll down a bit.)(less)

·  19,325 ratings  ·  1,298 reviews

Start your review of Harry Potter: The Prequel (Harry Potter, #0.5)
Rose
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
okay, now i'm crying.

after finishing this way-too-short prequel, i'm sad because 1.] i want more 2.] this was really, really good 3.] I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

“Names!”
“Names?” repeated the long-haired driver. “Er – well, let’s see. There’s Wilberforce… Bathsheba… Elvendork…”
“And what’s nice about that one is, you can use it for a boy or a girl,” said the boy in glasses.
Anne
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I feel like I've been punk'd.

The ending.
What did you think? Who do you think the guys in the alley were? Why were James and Sirius trying to go so fast on their bikes? So many questions!

So many questions. No kidding. Lucky me. I get to do all the asking and wondering. I can't even -

**DRIVES BACK** But wait. Seriously, is it that some pages are missing from the version of the story I read? Maybe it's some kind of puzzle! **RECHECKS. AGAIN** Nope.
I'M OUT. AGAIN.

I still love you, J.K, un
Archit Ojha
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All those Harry Potter fans out there
Shelves: ebooks

Woah!

I did not know that this existed.

The only problem with this book was that it was not a book. A 3 page prequel.

"I felt like the times never turned. Harry Potter remains the best book I have ever read."

The bond between Sirius and James is too strong to be suppressed in the pages of memory. They stay alive and afresh, no matter at which point of time you read them.

Your age does not matter. It never does.
All that matters, is the warmth in your heart.

Thank you Ritu for recommending this to me
Sumit RK
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it

Set three years before the birth of Harry Potter, the story recounts an adventure had by Sirius Black and James Potter. The story is just 800 words & 4 pages long, so i don’t think it qualifies as a full sequel. Perhaps it would have worked better as a bonus chapter in the Prisoner of Azkaban or even the Order of the Phoenix (Harry accessing one of the memories stored in Dumbledore’s office, again  )

But reading this book brought back memories of reading Harry Potter and this book was written fo

India
I read this a few weeks ago online actually, and it was short but great.

It refueled the fire within me that burns just to say, "We need a Marauders book/movie."

We need one.

Now.

I'm looking at you, Rowling.
Pooja
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Archit Ojha, Archana Bhoi
Shelves: short-novels
Remember the time when your ate your favorite chocolates and nothing would stop you from saying "I want more of it, Please!!"

This prequel left me saying the same thing!!

First I come to know a prequel of Harry Potter exists and when I read it, it sums itself up in the blink of an eye!! Why Why Why!!

Such a small read!! If that's not cheating and betrayal, then I don't know what is!!!

P
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I have acute nostalgia for HP today and recall that I haven't read this one, I don't know why, but I decided to read it anyway. This is a too-short story. James and Sirius get into trouble, nothing serious. But the main point is that we see their lives being so lively and full of energy. Sirius is an basically easy-going guy, and I wonder if it's possible to learn more about him in the future with other short stories, companion novels or whatsoever.

I think I might reread all of the HP books agai
MischaS_
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
...This here is James Potter, and I’m Sirius Black!”
“Things’ll be seriously black for you in a minute, you cheeky little —”

Okay - it is official now! We need a book SERIES about the Marauders!
Jerecho
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
A short story about Sirius and James. A good read but I think it's just snippet of something big but not yet finish. 😊
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories, 2017
I didn't know that I had missed something from my beloved series. When I came to know about this, I went for this without wasting more time.

This story is just a little adventure of James Potter and Sirius Black (one of my favourite characters in the series) Good!! :D :D

This story was too short. But still J. K. Rowling didn't fail to entertain me. That's why I love her works. So sad she didn't write more fantasy books after Harry Potter series. 😔 She wrote just one series and wrote it in a way t
Hannah ♡
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish JK Rowling would write 7 books about the Marauders' life in Hogwarts.. Is it too much to ask?😭😭
bella farren
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy, short-story
oh my poor little heart, it could not take this tiny little sliver of happiness. eight-hundred words were not enough, I needed more of padfoot and prongs.

"The one who had been driving had long black hair; his insolent good looks reminded Fisher unpleasantly of his daughter’s guitar-playing, layabout boyfriend. The second boy also had black hair, though his was short and stuck up in all directions; he wore glasses and a broad grin."

*sobs*

you can read the 800 word prequel written by JK for a
Vaneesha
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Both were dressed in T-shirts emblazoned with a large golden bird; the emblem, no doubt, of some deafening, tuneless rock band"

A LARGE GOLDEN BIRD ....

... A PHOENIX?

Are James and Sirius wearing matching ORDER OF THE PHOENIX t-shirts?!??!?!?!??!?! LMFAOFJHwioefhgbiuakjs those idiots
Hamad
Aug 05, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018-reads, e-books
I "siriusly" can't rate this because too short!

What did the comedian say to Harry Potter? Why so Sirius?

Dannii Elle
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet, full of nostalgic feels and obviously five stars as it was written by Queen Rowling!
ambsreads
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God.

If you would like to read this: http://www.mugglenet.com/harry-potter...

“We’d have loved to stop for a chat,” said the boy in glasses, “only we were trying —”

“Don’t get smart – you two are in a heap of trouble!” snarled Anderson. “Names!”

“Oh, OUR names, did you mean?” asked the
Hayat
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
`Thanks very much!' called Sirius over the throb of the engine. `We owe you one!'
`Yeah, nice meeting you!' said James. `And don't forget: Elvendork! It's unisex!'

If you're thinking, 'what the hell' and 'this makes no sense', then you should read Harry Potter: Prequel because it makes as much sense as that quote. It feels odd to give anything related to the Harry Potter series anything less than 5 stars but this novella really has nothing to do with the series and it adds nothing to the series e
Veronique
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Forgot I had this. I bought the Postcard Collection, printed by Waterstones for charity, back in 2008.

It is a very short story featuring teenage James Potter and Sirius Black on one of their adventures. Too short of course, but still a very nice little look in our favourite world :O)

The other stories from famous authors are pretty good too, one being from Neil Gaiman about a detective...

Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms  (Book.Enchantress)
3.5 Golden Stars

that was cute! & fun!
but short!
I hope we had more James & Sirius & marauders' stories!
I loved James! even before I knew this fancast.😍
description

edits below from my marauders account on instagram:
A_ bookbound _soul
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Harry Potter fans
WOW! That was fun. It was a really short story, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Though it ended to soon. :/ I. Want. MORE!!!

In this really short story, we get to see two of the young marauders chased by muggle police. Then,.... You know what, go read the rest yourself because if I said one more line I'd be telling the whole story.

춘분™
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Neh!
I literally don't care...
Sorry
Ariel
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
“And don’t forget: Elvendork! It’s unisex!”

description

I needed something light - this fit the bill. If you haven't read it yet, you have no earthly idea exactly how short 800 words can feel.

As a side note: I really really love the image of James, Lily, Sirius, and Lupin all matching in Order of the Phoenix tees.

Lily: I believe it's called a secret society...
Lupin: Well, right. She has a point...
James: No one will ever know, you worry too much!
Sirius: Well we could tattoo ourselves up with our symbol but
C.
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
There is an art to fitting a full tale into a few pages. This contained one action scene of unexplained fragments, in Jo Rowling’s 800 words for a dyslexia charity. A conclusion, however short on details, can be achieved; even on a restaurant drinking cup. I will discuss that, when I review Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s “Two-Minute Apocalypse”. Notably, “Harry Potter: The Prequel”, 2008, is a treat; just by being an additional glimpse of much-loved characters. James has seldom been seen.

A “Harry Potter”
prag ♻
“Oh, OUR names, did you mean?” asked the first, as Anderson spluttered with rage. “You should’ve said! This here is James Potter, and I’m Sirius Black!”
“Things’ll be seriously black for you in a minute, you cheeky little —”

drop everything and read these three pages because:
● jk rowling
● sirius black the long haired driver
● elvendork
● THE MOTORCYCLE
● it’s the most iconic vehicle in all 7 books
● 1/2 of the marauders
● she wrote this to make money for two charities
● sirius and james: Bad Bo
Bea
★ ★ stars! I liked this but it added nothing to series. I suppose it’s a good example of the sort of shenanigans Sirius and James got up to in their younger years.
TL
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: favorites
Only complaint, way too short *pouts* So much fun to read :)

Oh, you wanted a real review? Too bad :-P ;-)

Read the story here
Azbaqiyah
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Oh my! James and Sirius so funny! I need more! J.K. Rowling should make books about this two troublemakers.
Zainab
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a pair of dorks. Loved it! It was really short though.
Aisling Zena
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The unofficial Harry Potter prequel is an 800-word story written by J.K. Rowling. It was handwritten for a charity event at Waterstone’s.

Just 800 words filled with wonder!

Krystal
Lol. Rubbish.

All these years people have been banging on about getting more Marauders stories and THIS is what makes its way into the world?

You can't even call it a story.

At least it was free though.
Goodreads Librari...: Is this a book? 2 22 Jan 01, 2018 05:26PM
Goodreads Librari...: Is this a book? 2 23 Jan 01, 2018 05:26PM
Around the Year i...: Harry Potter: The Prequel, by J.K. Rowling 3 64 Dec 15, 2016 11:17PM

• Harry Potter - The Harry Potter Spellbook - Unofficial Guide
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Selected Themes from the Motion Picture - Piano Solos
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • The End of Harry Potter?
  • Selections from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Piano Solos
  • Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7-- A Detailed Summary About This Book Of J.K. Rowling! And Much More!! (Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: ... Book 7, Paperback,Novel,Dvd,Movie,Summary)
  • Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
  • Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library)
  • Harry Potter: Film Wizardry
  • Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (Piano Solos)
  • Harry Potter And The Order Of Phoenix: A Summary About This Novel Of J.K Rowling!! (Harry Potter And The Order Of Phoenix: A Detailed Summary-- Book 5, Box Set, Novel, Rowling)
  • Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince: (Piano Solo)
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Hogwarts Library)
  • Harry Potter Collector's Handbook
  • Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #1)