Start by marking “The Fundamentals of Tawheed” as Want to Read:
The Fundamentals of Tawheed

The Fundamentals of Tawheed

This book is a must read for anyone wishing to properly understand the religion of Islam. The Fundamentals of Tawheed clarifies in detail what Islam means when it says "ONE GOD" by identifying and explaining examples of the violation of the unique oneness of God within the cultures and beliefs of many cultures, the author proves Islam to be the only truly and purely mono ...more
Paperback, Revised 2nd edition, 248 pages
Published 2005 by International Islamic Publishing House (IIPH) (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Fundamentals of Tawheed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fundamentals of Tawheed

Sarah Lameche
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This is possibly my favourite book regarding Islam. I am a Muslim revert and when I took my shahada I had no Muslim family or masjid that I could go to for advice. It really felt like I spent the first year of my life as a Muslim arguing with the Muslim community. Unfortunately I live in an extremely cultural area where the women aren't even allowed to go to the mosque. As welcoming as this community were I was constantly being told bizarre things that were supposedly Islamic. Every time I asked ...more
Anab
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great read which illustrates the fundamental basics of Islamic theology
অনিক
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a must have for every practising muslim in these days. Extremely insightful and thoroughly written.
Shaqi Sauds
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Book was very good, thought me the difference between human and God and how God should be loved and worshiped. Beautiful book I recommend to every Muslims brother/sister and non-believers.
International Islamic Publishing House (IIPH)
Tawheed, the belief in the Oneness of Allah, is the core of the Islamic faith. Humans, as the designated vicegerents of Allah on earth, have been ordered to put this belief into practice in every aspect of life. Without tawheed, our actions and worship would be rendered null and void. This is an awful truth, but one that we must realize so that we can correct the basis of what we think, say, and do, in order to receive the hoped-for rewards and to avoid a terrible punishment.

Dr. Philips gives u
Osman Iqbal Fahad
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We already know who is Bilal Phillips. In fact we do no need any additional word to introduce him. This is one of the greatest writings of him. We, the lay people are violating the Tawheed every day, in every aspects. It is a regret for us. Islam is the only monotheistic religion across the world. This monotheism or Tawheed is the true essence of Islam. But how many of us are doing Shirk which contradicts Tawheed sub consciously or even consciously. It is a must read for book for evey muslims.
Mohamed
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for muslims and nonmuslims.It covers alot of things like shirk,charms and omens,fortunetelling,astrology,magic,saint worship,and much more.
Wz Jalal
Before I read this book, I had a lot of problems in the area of Tawhid(monotheism)and I did not understand
We don’t understand and we commit Shirk because we don’t have enough knowledge of Islam because we don’t know Tahwid ,we should learn Tawhid because Tahwid is basis of Islam.
This book, which contains 11 sections and all the items of Tawhid are described in this book, we all need to read this book.

Delilah
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing. Meticulous and straightforward, Philips analyzes the central concept of Islam in The Fundamentals of Tawheed in a way that is neither excessive nor lacking. Despite the importance tawheed has in Islam, many people have deviated from this key tenet of faith. Philips addresses this issue directly by identifying the most common ways that people fall into shirk.

I tend to get frustrated with dense non-fiction readings, and for that reason, I love the simple, modern language used in
Untouched By Fire
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is among the basics and must-read books for anyone who wants to gain a basic yet further explained knowledge of the Islamic Creed. It really gave me an insight on the branches of Tawheed, it aspects and the different ways of deviation and paths that may lead to disbelief. SubhanAllah it is a really valuable and fundamental resource for all Muslims and non-Muslims alike.
Omar Nafees
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A simplified presentation of the basic beliefs of Islam. Nicely presented with authentic hadith and references. If you want to understand Tawheed and its ramifications precisely at ease, this book is for you.
Syeda
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very detailed book.
Suhel Malik
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Introductory book for the Concepts of Tawheed (Islamic Monotheism) to comprehend easily. Read one twice....memorize by heart.
Saif Sultan
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent theological discussion on the aspect of the Oneness of the Creator with profound evidences.
Danesh
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book that lays out the different forms of Shirk
Sabiha Sultana
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for the beginners.recommended for those who want to know about basics of Islam
Ashek Shaahid
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very convincing, easy-to-understand and insight giving book on one of the fundamental pillars of Islam.
Farhana Faruq
Oct 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, islamic
Now this is a book everyone should read! Really.. I can't stress that enough.. and I don't mean you should read because it's so good, but because as a Muslim you should be well versed in its contents; it could make the difference between true belief in Allah and disbelief.

Something to think about, "Thus, it is the duty of every sincere believer in God to put aside his or her cultural experiences and emotional ties to family, tribe or nation, and acquire a working knowledge of Tawhid, the foundat
Kadijah Michelle
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: islam
For those of you who have never heard Bilal Philips speak, go to YouTube now and find a lecture! Reading this book is like listening to him speak. This book will be an educational tool in my house for years to come. I will be sharing it with my children as the grow older and as a reminder for me. This book explains Islamic monotheism in a way that is modern and easy to understand for the English reader. I have read several books on the subject of Tawheed, and this by far is the best one for the ...more
Omer
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolute must for any English speaking student of knowledge. Dr Bilal Philips' work is of phenomenal importance to those who do and do not speak Arabic by bringing the very basic concepts of deen in an easy to understand manner. I had to read this book during my aqeedah 101 class at the www.islamiconlineuniversity.com
Jinnul Mukarram Jr.
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book itself clarified it in detail what religion Islam means when it says "ONE GOD" by identifying and explaining examples of the violation of the unique oneness of God within the cultures and beliefs of many cultures etc,.. and many more to mention, its very helpful book for me and to everyone who wish to seek deeper belief in Islam and oneness of Allah,..
Shamis Akhtar
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
I would recommend this book to anyone who is trying to find out about the REAL teachings of Islamic monotheism. Tawheed means believing in the "oneness of Allah", this book helps to explain what that really means and help to shed light on the various types of common misconceptions that most people practice within and outside the fold of Islam.
Paradox
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A ground breaking work in English language in this category from Shk Philips. He has written on many topics like Science of hadith and tafsir etc but his specialty lies in theology and this book serves to prove that fact. Its a must have book for any one studying Islamic theology.
إبتهال ممدوح
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is very Important to every Muslim ..

it's talk about ( Shirk ) and ( Tawheed)

and it's full of Valuable information ..

and alot of information we as Muslims don't know about :(
Fzh26
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reading-for-bais
A-Must-Read!!!
Cláudia Sofia Simões
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great book that summarizes the Islamic monotheism. I advise every Muslim and non-Muslim to read it.
Mystery
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A basic foundation of what muslims believe with regard to oneness of god - Monotheism.
Tanweer
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Some misinformation in the book and mischaracterization
Iffah
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Precise, concise and easy reading. A very handy book to keep on the shelf, for both Muslims and non- Muslims.
Adel Abel

• الأساليب النبوية في التعامل مع أخطاء الناس
  • The Ideal Muslim: The True Islamic Personality of the Muslim as defined in the Qur'an and Sunnah
  • Du'a: The Weapon of the Believer
  • Memories of Muhammad: Why the Prophet Matters
  • The Concept of GOD in Major Religions
  • 200 سؤال وجواب في العقيدة
  • العقيدة في الله
Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips was born in Jamaica, but grew up in Canada where he accepted Islam in 1972. He completed a diploma in Arabic and a B.A. from the College of Theology (Usool-ud-Deen) at the Islamic University of Madeenah in 1979. At the University of Riyadh, College of Education, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology in 1985 and in the department of Islamic Studies at the University of W ...more