Start by marking “We Got Fired!: . . . And It's the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Us” as Want to Read:
We Got Fired!:  . . . And It's the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Us

We Got Fired!: . . . And It's the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Us

Harvey Mackay is author of four New York Times bestsellers. His first two books–Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive and Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt–were #1 New York Times bestsellers and are listed by the New York Times among the top fifteen inspirational business books of all time.
Dig Your Well Before You’re Thirsty (1997) and Pushing the
Published September 28th 2004 by Ballantine Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about We Got Fired!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Got Fired!

Start your review of We Got Fired!: . . . And It's the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Us
MaSuMeH
May 02, 2015 rated it it was ok

یکی از همان کتابهای شبه زرد چگونه بخوریم و بخوابیم و پولدارشویم منتها با یک نوع روایت دیگر بود که بدرد خواندن در ایستگاه اتوبوس و مترو و وقت پرکنی میخورد و بس.

اردی بهشت 94
Michael
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you lose your job, it does not matter whether you are poor or rich - you feel bad. Sure, celebrities have it easier because most have no financial concerns, but in terms of mental adjustment and the feeling of shame and uncertainty there is probably not a huge difference to the rest of us. Having said that, the book is very inspirational for anybody losing his or her job. You realize that even famous people lose their jobs at least once in their lifetime - the risk of job loss does not ...more
daniel dirnfeld
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How this people got fired and build an empire.recommended.
Barry Davis
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it
By the author of Swim with the sharks, the book is subtitled, “. . . and it’s the best thing that ever happened to us.” Chronicles the abrupt, sometimes brutal, almost always surprising terminations of a number of noteworthy individuals, including Michael Bloomberg (mayor of new york), Mark Hansen (co-author of the chicken soup for the soul books), mannie jackson (ceo of the harlem globetrotters), billie Jean king (winner of 39 women’s tennis grand slam titles) and larry king (host of larry king ...more
Wellington
Feb 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Sometimes I write about a book a few days after I finished reading it to recollect what I remember. This book is filled with little quips, sayings, and ideas ... none of which I can quote!

So I had to knock it down another star. I do remember the people he interviewed .. Larry King, Muhammad Ali, Billie Jean King, Donald Trump, Bill Belichick .... and even my boss (well, about 5 levels on top of me), Sue Johnson.

Though the words escape me I'm sure I learned a few things from the book. Quoting
Douglas
Jun 03, 2007 is currently reading it
I got this book as a gift from a friend of mine a long time ago. I have finished half of the book. Its a simple collection of all these great people that got laid off and went on to bigger and better things. I think the point of all these little vignettes is that when you get laid off, as much as people know its a life changing event and its a blow to everyones ego, its important to keep a healthy mindset and that you will find another job soon.
Monica Newman
Sep 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
After being fired a few times, and beginning to think that my skill set just did not match that of the corporate machine, I am beginning to define myself as an entrepreneur in spirit and skills. I am using this book in my Job Skills Assistance classes to remind those in this situation that as McKay says "... being fired..." or laid off "... wasn't your choice. Whether you rise up from it is".
Cherie
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
So I wasn't fired, but my friend Steve suggested it because he thought it would give me hope as I jumpstarted my life post-India. It was a great sort of inspirational story that in the worst times, you actually end up a lot better off than you were. That self-help-y inspirational rah rah style that I don't usually love but many would like this, esp if you recently lost your job.
Roxie
Nov 14, 2011 rated it liked it
I thought this was an interesting book. I haven't been fired but, I can see how this book would perhaps help someone if they did find themselves in that situation. They might not take it as personal and they might just rise to the occasion, make the best of it and do something far greater. I certainly hope I would!
Diana
Feb 04, 2009 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but I found a lot of the stories came from people with executive level positions (clearly, I don't relate) that got fired and then ended up with another superstar job. Still, I did find it encouraging and even a little comforting. Also, sad to say, I didn't know about half the supposedly high-profiled people in the book. Probaby my ignorance though.
Taylor Fletcher
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book, love the story and the author's way of tell it.
Kathleen
Oct 14, 2008 rated it it was ok
Better than I expected provided a little bit of perspective on how to look at negative changes in a positive way.
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
A should-read book on career management.
Brad Budziak
Feb 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Funny lessons and life stories from various "celebrities".
Adi Iskandar
Jan 13, 2016
Ken
Dec 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

• Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business
  • The Richest Man in Babylon: With Study Guide