Start by marking “Lizzie Beautiful: The Lizzie Velasquez Story” as Want to Read:
Lizzie Beautiful: The Lizzie Velasquez Story

Lizzie Beautiful: The Lizzie Velasquez Story

Lizzie Velasquez, born with a rare medical condition, opens her soul and shares her remarkable story, giving us an inspiring testimony. This book, whether read by an individual or shared as a group, becomes a tool to discover that beauty is unique to each of us. Includes over 50 color photographs of Lizzie and her family.

A sampling of messages Lizzie has received from aro
Published July 22nd 2010 by Epigraph Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lizzie Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lizzie Beautiful

Rebecca McNutt
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Born with a rare medical condition and causing her to be blind in one eye and be smaller than most people her age, Lizzie was cruelly labeled "World's Ugliest Woman" online and told to kill herself. Since then, this inspirational and talented girl has become a motivational speaker, graduated college with degrees in communications and English, and has traveled all over the country. This memoir documents her journey and tells her story, and it's definitely worth reading.

*By the way, I don't think
Coen
Aug 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Even though I thought it was too short (I wanted to know so much more!), I am completely pleased with Lizzie's book. It takes incredible courage to open yourself up to the entire world and let them read all about your insecurities and fears. I respect her and wish the best for her in life. Lizzie, you are wonderful.
Diane
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie's story is an inspiring reminder for everyone-- to follow your own dreams, to believe in yourself and your loved ones. She is a great motivational speaker as well. Thank you, Lizzie and Rita for sharing your family's lives with us so we can all learn from you!
Cindy
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lizzie Beautiful is a short, easy read in simple language that is accessible to all levels of readers. Its beauty is in the spirit of Lizzie herself, who has faced the worst bullying imaginable and come out a positive person who prefers to inspire others rather than bemoan her fate. Every adolescent girl needs to know this story.
Jessica
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great, quick read. I just wish it would have been longer!
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: autobiography
This was a very short read, but I liked it because I find the lives of other people interesting. I do wish more had been included more about her experiences. Lizzie has had a rough life, but she's determined to come out on top. This is an inspirational story and a good reminder that most of us don't have it as tough as we think.
Richard Reinhar
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Lizzies book was short but very sweet. It tells her story of growing up with a genetic disorder that prevents her from gaining weight. She goes through the terrible bullying of other children calling her horrible names and the absolutely horrible YouTube video she saw on line. A great book. 5 out of 5 stars.
Kirsten
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: bios-and-memoirs
Lizzie truly is beautiful. Bad example, but one I've always liked: In the movie Shallow Hal Hal gets to see the inner beauty of women, and even the prettiest on the outside can look like an wrinkly old crone on the inside.
Leslye Wilson
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story, amazing woman. You see Lizzie's true beauty as you read her story. My only negative is that the story is too short. Yet, there is so much to learn from Lizzie, her family and friends through this book.
Carla
Jan 17, 2013 rated it liked it
A short quick read wherein Lizzie artfully reminds us all to be beautiful in everything we do.
Alyson
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful and inspiring book! I think everyone should read this:-)
Debby Douglas
Jan 07, 2014
Brianna
Feb 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
My Group: Lizzie Velásquez's Comfort and Support Group! 2 6 Apr 20, 2013 08:51AM

• Stardust: The David Bowie Story
  • Marnie the Dog: I'm a Book
  • Live What You Love: Notes from an Unusual Life
  • I Love You Phillip Morris: A True Story of Life, Love, & Prison Breaks
  • Bronson
  • The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown - A 30-Minute Instaread Summary: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
  • Bloodsworth: The True Story of the First Death Row Inmate Exonerated by DNA
  • The Life and Death of Mary Wollstonecraft
  • Meena, Heroine of Afghanistan: The Martyr Who Founded RAWA, the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
  • La maison du canal
  • Callgirl: Confessions of an Ivy League Lady of Pleasure
  • Fleetwood Mac: The Complete Illustrated History
  • iWant: My Journey from Addiction and Overconsumption to a Simpler, Honest Life
  • Letters for My Brothers: Transitional Wisdom in Retrospect
  • Dark Laughter
  • The Pink Flamingo Murders (Francesca Vierling Mystery, #3)
  • Forever Young: A Life of Adventure in Air and Space
  • Baited Blood (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #2)
The eldest of three children born to Rita and Guadalupe Velásquez.
Lizzie was born four weeks prematurely, her birth weight was only 2 pounds 11 ounces (1,219 grams).
Her age was reported as 23 in September 2012, a time when she was nearing graduation from Texas State University majoring in communication studies.
She is a Roman Catholic and she has spoken out in terms of her belief in God who has "