Start by marking “Prossia (Prossia, #1)” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Prossia

(Prossia #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
"A teenage alien girl might endanger her comrades in-arms due to an unknown secret she keeps while fighting in a galactic war. Herself."

Where were you, when you had to grow up?

For a seventeen-year-old Goolian named Aly, it was on another planet called Argutas, a world where she had to "adjust" in order to fit her new surroundings. Daydreaming got replaced with nightmares.
Published May 25th 2010 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Prossia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prossia

Mia Darien
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Okay… this is going to be a complex review. There were a lot of elements that I liked about this story, but I had issues with it in equal turns. It makes me uncertain about whether I actually liked it or not. I was able to finish it, but between my issues and sci-fi not always being my favorite, I might not have kept on with it had I not taken it for review.

What I didn’t like…

I had some problems with the language in the writing. It would have been okay, since this is a sci-fi book with no humans
Ilona Mustafin
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A true sci-fi book. I liked Prossia because it has action and keeps the reader engaged in the storyline. Aly encounters danger and enigma in her world. Prossia kept me interested to find out what was next.
Masquerade Crew
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
WALKI'S REVIEW

PROSSIA is a sci-fi novel about an inter-planetary war in another galaxy. Refreshingly it doesn't feature any Earthlings; however the people featured are not so psychologically different, including when it comes to differences between genders.

The main character is Alytchai of the Kutenbriun tribe (Aly). She lives on the planet Gooliun with her father Shanvi. Her best friend is Cattalice (Catty). They're referred to as greenies by peoples from other planets, as Gooliun is mostly co
L. Maci
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Confession, I'm a sucker for an interesting book cover. The cover of Prossia caught my eye. It turns out the author is a talented graphic artist and therefore does his own artwork. Neat, right? Another ensnaring detail is Prossia does not revolve around humans. In fact, there are no humans at all in the story. Intriguing. As a huge sci-fi fan, I was officially hooked from the beginning.

I love the premise of the book. The story’s tagline is catchy as well. Where were you when you had to grow up?
Douglas Owen
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: None
Recommended to Douglas by: Raphyel M. Jordan
Scott
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prossia is an interesting scifi offering by Raphyel Jordan. The story follows a young lady whose planet is filled with a people who have pretty amazing agility and are known for their martial prowess. Aly seems to be pretty typical Goolian teenage girl, but life is about to change drastically. She and a a whole lot of other Goolians are getting shipped off to another planet to fight in a war against the Cyogen.

Raphyel sent me a print copy of his book to review and the first thing that popped ou
Devyn
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Goodreads.

I feel really lucky that I won this book from Goodreads. I honestly would never have given this book hardly more then a half-hearted glance nerveless checked it out and bought it. If that was the case I would have missed out on a really good book.
Okay, in the beginning I found the book boring and more confusing then a Young One on a new planet. Be that as it may, there was still something that made me keep turning the pages.
I'm glad I did.
This book is intense!
Lisa Cox
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads win.
I loved this book. Lots of action. The descriptions of the characters was great
and very creative. I'm a big sci-fi fan so anything involving aliens of multiple
different planets is a hit with me.
The ending is a bit of a cliff hanger, but it gives the reader the chance to hope for
a sequel and/or create their own ending. I did both, LOL.
I don't like giving a summary of the book in my reviews as I assume anyone reading my
review has already read
Carrie Vaughn
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
As a part of the Prossia blog tour, Raphyel was kind enough to offer a copy of his book if I would do a review. I’m not a huge sci-fi fan, but I thought I’d give it a shot. At worst, I would retract my offer of review. At best, I’d find an entertaining read.

Prossia surprised me.

Warfare is a large part of Prossia. An alien girl, Alyichai, lives on the planet Gooliun. Her people train from the time they are young to be warriors in case the call for war is sent out. Aly is friends with Cattalice, a
Laura Masciarelli
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first encountered Alytchai, a female Goolian, and an anomaly among her people, in the prequel to the Prossia trilogy, Evaluations of the Tribe. I was pulled into this remarkable story, hooked by the end of it, left wanting to know more. So, I progressed to Prossia.

In part 1 of the trilogy, the Cyogen are on the march, wreaking war on nearby planets. Alytchai and her best friend, Catty, along with the two girls’ fathers must go to the planet Argutas to defend against an imminent Cyogen invasion
Anna Tan
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review-copy, e-books
Alytchai (Aly) is seventeen and has been drafted to fight a war on a planet she has never been to amongst a people she has never seen against an enemy who would wipe out their entire civilisation. Dealing with teenage hormones whilst trying to focus on the war and their mission, Aly has a harder time at it than her fellow Goolians who can make fireballs of hot plasma out of their hands. On the way she learns to mix with other races - the cheeky Ufrian called Gruago, the imposing Hethroycken, Lor ...more
Kelly
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Well, this is going to be the most conflicted and complicated review I've ever written. First off, I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

All right, so, I hated the typesetting and the typos. I know that most books have typos, but there were a ridiculous amount. Sometimes words were omitted so that the sentence wasn't even a sentence. This about drove me crazy. The editor really should have caught these and I hope they will be corrected in future editions because they really
Austine (NovelKnight)
Prossia is the first science fiction novel I've read not centered around humans. I was hesitant when accepting to review it as I wasn't sure if I'd be able to relate to the characters. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised at how developed and relatable the characters really were. Aly is a Goolian any reader can follow, a Young One with problems of both a basic and galactic nature. I enjoyed her interactions with her companions, especially Catty who, despite differences between the two, is really ...more
Richard
I read 100 pages before I gave up on this book. It had a number of problems and I was just not enjoying it.

Firstly the characters and story never drew me in. There was just something about them which made me not interested in them.

Secondly the speech of the characters was very odd, it was an odd mix of archaic and modern speech with some odd alien speech thrown in (a combination of Yoda back speak and a bad translation program). This made it at times hard to follow, or pulled me away from the st
Mary E. Hastings
I received this through First Reads Giveaways.

I have to admit, I wasn't a huge fan of this book. I can't point to any one specific thing that I didn't like about it, but it took me a LONG TIME to read it because I kept stopping and starting other books on top of it. It simply didn't hold my interest. I don't know why exactly. I LOVE sci-fi. But this one just didn't do it for me.

I wish I could give a better review, but I just didn't care enough about the book to give a more detailed review. To be
Billy Dominguez
Prossia is about a special Goolian teenage girl who along with friends and family and immediately thrown into a war that takes place on an allied planet. The entire story was just ok for me, the characters were all really likeable though. Most of the alien species introduced and described were like creatures created in Spore. There was a decent amount of action in the whole book. I wished there was more detail in it, I was left wondering what the planet of the war looked like along with the terr ...more
Kimberly
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
One word to describe this book , SCI-FI ♥. It takes place on another planet , not EARTH. Can you believe that. Jk! :p Whats better then aliens. Aliens at war. Alytchai is the main character and she is fighting for the Allies. However, through out this book the point of view changes from Alytchai to the Prossia people. (Who are neutral, they are not evil but they are not good either.) This book is very action and has alot of betrayal. All the elements to make this book a GREAT BOOK ♥
James Mckenzie
Apr 25, 2016
HeyJude
Aug 28, 2016
Allie
Sep 17, 2012
Elizabeth
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for a good science fiction book!
Jill
Jo Arellanes
Aug 22, 2012
Joshua
Jun 29, 2018
Goodreads Authors...: 15 Copies Giveaway of YA Sci-Fi Adventure Novel 1 9 Sep 06, 2012 08:35AM
Indie Book Club: Free Book Giveaway Contest 6 24 Jul 02, 2012 08:15PM
  • Perfection Unleashed (Double Helix, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Mesmer, #1)
  • Fable (The Lorn Prophecy, #1)
  • Elements of Darkness (Twist's Tales Vol. IV)
  • The Plaza
  • The Other Slipper
  • Game of Souls (The Quintessence Cycle, #1)
  • Atticus for the Undead
  • Mission to Mahjundar
  • Demonworld
  • The Music Mage (The Ravanmark Saga, #1)
  • Book of Mercy
  • Blood and Guitars (Blood and Guitars, #1)
  • Heavenly Bride Chapter 1
  • Foreign Identity
  • Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness
  • Crypto-Squad (Volume 1)
  • Contract of Defiance (Spectras Arise Trilogy, #1)
Before we get into details, WOULD YOU LIKE A FREE BOOK?

Raphyel Montez Jordan grew up in a household sensitive to the creative arts. As a child, his hobbies were drawing favorite cartoon and video game characters while making illustrated stories. This passion for art never left and followed him all the way up to his high school and college years.

It wasn’t un

Prossia (3 books)
  • Evaluations of the Tribe (Prossia, #0.5)
  • Prossia Revolution (Prossia, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Player of Games (Culture, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage