Start by marking “No One Lives Twice” as Want to Read:
No One Lives Twice

No One Lives Twice

(Lexi Carmichael Mystery #1)

I'm Lexi Carmichael, geek extraordinaire. I spend my days stopping computer hackers at the National Security Agency. My nights? Those I spend avoiding my mother and eating cereal for dinner. Even though I work for a top-secret agency, I've never been in an exciting car chase, sipped a stirred (not shaken) martini, or shot a poison dart from an umbrella.

Until today, that is
Published August 1st 2010 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about No One Lives Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One Lives Twice

Evgeny
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First things first. I need to mention I received this book from GoodReads Giveaways. My review was not influenced by this in any degree.

Lexi Carmichael is the heroine of the book. She is a somewhat typical geek who is very good in math and computers and does not have good social skills - you know this kind.
A Typical Nerd
She is also a fairly good-looking woman - despite her modesty saying otherwise, so she looks more something like this:
A <br />Girl Nerd

She worked as a low-level grunt in NSA headquarters in Washington, DC. H
Sue
I was fortunate to win a copy of NO ONE LIVES TWICE, a Lexi Carmichael Mystery, by Julie Moffat, through the Goodreads Giveaway Contest.

This is a light mystery series, and the first book in the Lexi Carmichael Mysteries.

Lexi Charmichael 24 years old is a computer geek working, always drawn to numbers, computers and code. Brown-haired, flat-chested, and no care about the latest fashion. She is her own person. Today she works as an information security technologist or NSA, surfing the web, looking
Rachel E. Carter
Guilty pleasure, comedic, fast-paced adult-but-feels-like-YA mystery at its funnest (is that even a word?). Perfect beach read. I can't believe I'd never heard of this author, her style reminds me strongly of Meg Cabot in her adult series, especially the Heather Wells one.

Side note, Slash better be end game. Team #EnriqueIglesias all the way hahaha.
Marisa Cary
Mar 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The first half of this book was just a terrible jumble of hackneyed cliches. The protagonist is a 20 something year old "techie" who works for the NSA - except she exhibits no particular aptitude for anything technical and spends most of her time admiring the sexy men who actually do the dirty work for her. She doesn't own a cell phone, because she doesn't want her overbearing mother to be able to reach her. This book was written in 2010... no 25 year old in 2010 doesn't have a cell phone for th ...more
Lynn Spencer
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, chick-lit
I’ve read several thrillers and romances set in the highest-ranking circles of government in Washington DC. However, many people seem to forget that there is a vast bureaucracy that keeps that government going. This is the world that Julie Moffett visits in No One Lives Twice and, while her mystery has more of a chick lit twist, I found myself recognizing her characters’ world. Her smart yet goofy characters and easy style kept me turning pages and, while it’s not a perfect book, this caper is a ...more
Kelly
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
I loved almost everything about this book: the characters, the plot and, most importantly, Lexi. Her voice drew me right in. She's quirky, but not too quirky, geeky, but not so out there regular folks can't connect. She's just the right combination of kick-ass and naivete, with both extremes extended to a believable degree.

The plot is intriguing, and though the mystery aspect is revealed methodically along the way, the action keeps the pace flowing, right up until the last page.

Then there are t
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
*Reviewed for NetGalley*

At 25, Lexi Carmichael leads a quiet life. She uses her prodigious computer skills to virtually chase and trap hackers for the NSA then goes home to enjoy her only vices, Dunkin Donuts and Diet Coke.
The sudden appearance of threatening armed thugs, a mysterious document, and a missing best friend plunges Lexi into a vortex of secrets and lies forcing her to step into the real world.
No One Lives Twice is a light mystery whose strength lies with an original plot that provi
Marta
I loved this book!!
Why is Julie Moffett not famous?
I have enjoyed Janet Evanovich's number series, but No One Lives Twice was more satisfying to me because it has a more organized plot and more intelligent characters. Main character Lexie is a tech person for a government agency, who goes from a ho-hum life to landing in the middle of an international crime. Sexy men with cool personalities need to work with her and seem to fall a little bit in love.
If you want humor, adventure, sparkly new unf
Lori
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, clever, engaging, and sassy. Totally enjoyable.
Michele bookloverforever
geeky woman takes on the CIA, FBI, MI6, terrorists to save her best friend. highly unlikely but amusing thriller.
Michelle
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I loved the character of Lexi Carmichael. A spunky geek chic who unknowingly gets involved in a high stakes situation when her best friend disappears. Throw in a couple of hot guys that seem to want to protect her and you've got a great story. Lexi, an NSA agent, working at a desk job considers her life very boring until she hears a message from her best friend and receives a package in the mail. Then everything starts happening at once. People breaking into her apartment, ...more
Yvonne Taylor
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AWESOME!!!! I found it extremely hard to put down, and I excited to get started on the next book in this series......
Lexi Carmichael, what can I say?? This girl has guts. Out to help her friend that has gone into hiding, she runs into all kinds of trouble, some good some not so good. She has trouble trying to figure out who she can trust.
All the characters are so well written and so much fun.....
Carmen
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very light, funny, action-packed ride with a little bit of romance.

This is a nice beach read flavor.

Great reading for some surprise me time.
Christie
My first book by this author. Very much a Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum vibe. Not my favorite style of writing, but I stuck with it. A bit wordy at times but a good read nonetheless. I’ll probably seek out the second in the series.
A.K. Lindsay
The Lexi Carmichael mystery series is my favourite book series. It has action, it has humour. Lexi is a strong woman who gets herself in over her head and has to muddle her way out again. She doesn't have the skills of a secret agent, but she makes up for it with her determination. Especially when it comes to saving her best friend from danger.

Lexi is funny, Lexi is smart, Lexi is not so comfortable in social situations. I suppose I identify with her so strongly because she is a lot like me. I
Linsy
I totally loved this book. It was definitely, in my opinion, much better than its rating and some of the reviews I read on Goodreads. It was also the closest thing I have yet read to Tiffany Snow's Kathleen Turner series. It had the romance (including a love triangle), mystery, suspense, twists and turns, and thrill. The biggest differences I found from Snow's series was it did not have near the alpha male character nor quite the same level of danger, so to speak.

While the main character, Lexi,
Kelly ~Bibliophile~
description

"Although I work at a top-secret agency, I've unfortunately never participated in even one exciting car chase, had a sip from a shaken (not stirred) martini, or shot a poison dart from an umbrella."

Not a super serious spy read, but still light and fun. Of course there are a few major eye roll moments throughout the series but nothing too bad.

Example: She is on a small budget and is always near broke but she lives on fast food, Diet Coke, and donuts. After her apartment is broken
Paula  Phillips
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m Lexi Carmichael, geek extraordinaire. I spend my days stopping computer hackers at the National Security Agency. My nights? Those I spend avoiding my mother and eating cereal for dinner. Even though I work for a top-secret agency, I’ve never been in an exciting car chase, sipped a stirred (not shaken) martini, or shot a poison dart from an umbrella.
Until Now , Lexi must lead what can only be known as a triple life from having her mother set up blind dates with politicians to be and lawyers a
Ginny  Gallagher
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed “No One Lives Twice” book 1 in Julie Moffett’s, Lexi Carmichael Mystery series. I picked it up during a free promotion but it is one that I would have felt I got my money’s worth from if I had purchased it. As a matter of fact, I’ve already purchased book 2 and hope to be able to read it soon.

Lexi Carmichael is a NSA computer geek. She is super smart but a little lacking in common sense and at times socially awkward. I loved her. There were moments that I laughed at her and mome
Linniegayl
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After recently reading the latest in the Lexi Carmichael series -- without reading any of the earlier books -- I decided to start at the beginning to see if I liked the journey Lexi and her friends take to get to the latest. I thoroughly enjoyed this first in the series. In this entry we're introduced to Lexi, her parents, the Zimmerman twins, Slash, Finn, and Basia, clearly all staples throughout the series. It's also obvious they've gone through quite a few changes over the course of the serie ...more
Once
Oct 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book can be described in one word. AMAZING! I was intrigued from the beginning to the end. There are so many twist and turns and unexpected agendas that you do not know who's on good side or who's on the bad side. Although there are some terms that i did not understand, the author did a excellent hob explaining it. the dialog will keep you guessing the entire time. It was mysteriously funny and completely unpredictable. I love it! I will definitely be reading more stories from this author, ...more
Kjen
May 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars...Lighter and funny, mixed with a lot of geek speak...which isn't a bad thing! Lexi and company is a fun group, and I plan to continue the series. Lots of suspending of reality...particularly in the last third of the book, but one expects that with this type of series.
Bree T
I wish I was a computer geek sometimes. I wish that when something happened to my computer, I could fix it effortlessly. And occasionally I’ve wished I could do even funkier things than that! So that’s kind of why I requested this book from NetGalley. It sounded like something I’d like to be involved in!

Lexi Carmichael is almost 25 and works for the NSA – the National Security Agency in Maryland. She’s a mathematical whiz and fairly proficient with computers and although all her work is classifi
Graylark
Read books 1 and 2, won't read more.

This series was kind of fun and easy to read, but also disappointing. Probably because of the description and my own expectations.

The description made me think it was a serious smart girl hacker kicking ass.

The actual reality is a chick lit kind of book where the heroine bumbles around and has excruciatingly embarrassing mishaps around the hero/es. Think Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series.

I lost patience with that type of clownish heroine long ago.

She als
Elizabeth GlamShazam
I was so excited to read this book. I love the premise. It should've been great.

Oh, but it failed. Lexi is a spineless pushover. Here's the example that really burns - she went on a date with a much older coworker. She wasn't interested. Months later, she asks him to translate some documents and to give her a ride to a nearby house.

He agrees, but only if she goes on a date with him, dances with him AND kisses him with tongue. With the date, she tells him no, but he steamrolls her. She's all, "
Erinw
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been on my to read list for a long time and a chance to pick it up at a thrift store finally got me started. I love this series! I love geek girl Lexi Carmichael and the way she tells it as she knows it. I love her relationship with X (who I won't reveal in this review since that isn't decided until later books). I love the way she makes friends of those who might not immediately seem friendworthy. I love her logic and her resilience. This series has great writing and characters, romanc ...more
Jim
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is not at all what I expected. I thought it was going to be a more-or-less standard mystery. It turned out to be a sort of cozy international spy thriller. At least part of the fun was finding that out. The characters are fun although pretty standard. The story is entertaining. I would qualify the book as a good beach read.

One of the more interesting aspects of this story is the location. The heroine lives on a local road that passes about a block from where I live. Being familiar wit
Janet Graham
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Computer Geek Goes James Bond
This is the first in a long series of Lexi Carmichael cozy mysteries. These are actually cozy spy action/thriller books. The combination of nerd gal and secret agent type guy with a world class problem and lots of humor is outstanding. The plot is relevant and well done. I have enjoyed all of the books from this series that I have read. I would love to own the series in paperback as I will be re-reading these books for years to come. I bought this book and this is my
Diane
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I had never read anything by Julie Moffett but after hearing so much about the Lexi Carmichael series I knew I had to try it. I was not disappointed. This book is so funny you can't help but fall in love with the characters and hang on waiting to see how Lexi was going to get herself out of her next scrape.
The fact that Lexi is a smart geek girl only adds to the appeal of this series. She is an analyst for the NSA and doesn't need a hero to save the day.
Can't wait to read more of these books
JoAn
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
No One Lives Twice by Julie Moffett is the first book in the Lexie Carmichael series and caught my attention from the first page.
I feared since Lexie is a geek/tech wizard that I would struggle with the book but that didn't happen at all. Ms. Moffett clearly explained the "geek speak"/technology that was used so even I could understand. The plot was smoothly paced and Lexie was totally endearing in her social awkwardness. I kept wanting to rescue her at times.
I am already starting on the next bo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Who Glares Wins (Lexi Graves Mystery, #2)
  • Justice (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • Reflections of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #3)
  • Chain of Command (McKenzie McClendon, #1)
  • The Hitwoman and the Mother Load (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #13)
  • Mercy (Lost City Shifters, #1)
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • I, Spy? (The Sophie Green Mysteries Book 1)
  • No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #3)
  • Sky's End (Cassiel Winters, #1)
Julie Moffett is a bestselling author and writes in the genres of mystery, young adult, historical romance and paranormal romance. She has won numerous awards, including the 2015 Award of Excellence, 2014 Mystery & Mayhem Award for Best YA/New Adult Mystery, the prestigious 2014 HOLT Award for Best Novel with Romantic Elements, a HOLT Merit Award for Best Novel by a Virginia Author, the 2016 A ...more

Lexi Carmichael Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • No One to Trust (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2)
  • No Place Like Rome (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #3)
  • No Biz Like Showbiz (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #4)
  • No Test for the Wicked (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #5)
  • No Woman Left Behind (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #6)
  • No Room for Error (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #7)
  • No Strings Attached (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #8)
  • No Living Soul (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #9)
  • No Regrets (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #10)
  • No Stone Unturned (Lexi Carmichael Mystery #11)
“Chaos is the true state of the universe anyway.” “My universe was fairly orderly before all this.” “It was only an illusion.” 5 likes