Start by marking “Knitting Plus: Mastering Fit + Plus-Size Style + 15 Projects” as Want to Read:
Knitting Plus: Mastering Fit + Plus-Size Style + 15 Projects

Knitting Plus: Mastering Fit + Plus-Size Style + 15 Projects

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Knitting Plus explores five basic pullover and cardigan sweater construction styles, including drop-shoulder, set-in, raglan sleeves, and seamless yoke and dolman. First, each specific sweater element is explained in detail, along with guides to body and sweater measurements and key tips for plus-size knitting. Included throughout are simple versions of each construction t ...more
Published February 3rd 2011 by Interweave Press Inc

To ask other readers questions about Knitting Plus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting Plus

Aurélie  StarwarsCookie
More like 3,5 stars, actually.
Many technical things went way over my head, and the maths scared me a bit, but I enjoyed how this book made me think about the actual structure of a pullover/cardigan, and I like it that the book is split between all the different kinds of yoke, with the associated patterns (some old-fashioned, some truly great).
A book I will have to revisit from time to time to make sure I'm not butchering my knitting projects.
Kristine
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, own
There was a ton of great reference info in this book! It takes the main *styles* of sweaters and goes over how they are traditionally put together and then how they could be modified for different body types and sizes. For each style, a selection of patterns is available, illustrating the reference material well. I'd really like to try a Seamless Yoke styled sweater.

The two-color accents of the Poppy Cardigan are a great way to draw your eye to the color, with a neat set-in sleeve. I really like
Abbey
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knit-crochet
Excellent go-to book for those of us who don't fit into fashionable size ranges. Several types of sweater patterns are discussed in depth, with a ton of information given to enable the knitter to make up a sweater that fits *them* precisely as they would wish.

Good explanations, decent production values for a tight-spined large paperback (admittedly not my favorite format for a knitting book!) and the use of several techniques that, while not new to me, were explained rather better here than in
Mckinley
Nice patterns, helpful fitting instructions. All for women.
Leslie Jem
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I really like the Audubon shrug pattern- one I definitely want to make someday!
Fangirl
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Knitting patterns!
Cori
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
A fantastic resource with some really cute, wearable patterns - several that I want to start right now.
Fullfaun
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS A GREAT book for Plus SIZE. it explains a lot of if you alter one thing you have to alter 2 more things. Realyl Really good!
Miss Mouse
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-crafty, 2011
Good info, but none of the projects really moved me to want to knit them.
Daphne
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A couple nice patterns I would like to try. Need to find this book to buy.
Jamie