Start by marking “Sex and Shopping: The Confessions of a Nice Jewish Girl: An Autobiography” as Want to Read:
Sex and Shopping: The Confessions of a Nice Jewish Girl: An Autobiography

Sex and Shopping: The Confessions of a Nice Jewish Girl: An Autobiography

Dear Reader,

As I was about to start my eleventh novel, I abruptly realized that I was making a huge mistake. On the verge of launching into the imagined world of a twenty-eight-year-old, I felt an intense need to tell another story, the story of a woman I know through and through...a woman with more wealth of experience, a woman who's seen more real glamour, known more fas
Published May 11th 2000 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sex and Shopping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex and Shopping

Pipina
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and funny, if somewhat amoral, recalling of an interesting and intense life, by the best of the "trashy" authors of glitz romance novels. She certainly knew what she was writing about!
xq
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
having read judith krantz's books in high school, it was fun to get to know more about her upbringing and how that influenced her stories.
Rhode
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bio-general
One of my favorites. A great behind the scenes look into the making of a national bestselling author before the Internet and Sicial Media existed. Plus, frankly, her stories about the lessons she learned from decorating a dream apartment when she moved to Paris, are wonderful, especially because she admits the mistakes she made!
Jenne
This should really be called "Completely, Utterly, Devastatingly, Superbly: A Woman and the Adverbs she Loved Unreservedly" ...but I only kid because I love.
The first half of the book is totally dishy and fun, with the kind of descriptions of "what normal people did in the olden days" that are absolute catnip to me. The second half drags a bit, but overall a super fun read!
Deb Sharp
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was great to read this book, and get to know The Author Juduth Krantz , what an interesting lady, I just wish she was still writing books, she is such a fantastic Author with real talent!
Shamsh
Jan 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Judith Krantz narrates her life as if it were a novel. An example of self-knowledge and honesty. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Lotte
Boring. Didn't finish.
Michelle
Dec 21, 2014
Sara Goldenberg
rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2018
Jan 03, 2016
F. O.
rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2013
Judith Krantz was an American author of blockbuster romance novels including her first novel Scruples followed by Princess Daisy. Krantz's books have been translated into 52 languages and sold more than 85 million copies worldwide. Seven have been adapted as TV miniseries, with her late husband, Steve Krantz.