Start by marking “God Chicks” as Want to Read:
God Chicks

God Chicks

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews

Holly Wagner believes it is no accident that you and I are alive and on the earth at this time in history...what an awesome privilege it is. Granted, terror is alive and real on the planet...but so are we and the purposes for which we have been placed here.

The King of heaven is waiting for women to take their places on the earth ...we have a job to do. Proverbs 31:8-9 says

Published February 29th 2000 by Nelson, Thomas, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about God Chicks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Chicks

Rebecca
Apr 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I got used to the author's generous use of exclamation marks, side comments, and smiley faces, I really enjoyed this book and found it uplifting.
Deborah-Ruth
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Living as a Godly woman in the 21st century is not always easy. We hear lots of cultural ideas of how we should act and behave, but what exactly IS a Godly woman? What are the core characteristics that set her apart? In "God Chicks" author Holly Wagner shares both personal and missionary stories as she explains who a God Chick is in essence. Wagner states that God Chicks are able to be themselves (they take pride in who God created them to be, not trying to be someone else or looking to the worl ...more
Tiara
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
What is a God chick?
Holly Wagner coins this fun phrase and spends the duration of her book discussing what it means and how each of us can become one. I have to say that she did it very well! She created a book filled to the brim with inspiring quotes, exciting stories and a genuineness that most authors do not have. Wagner explains the importance of becoming a God chick- a woman that is confident, strong, persistent, engaged in relationships and present in the world! The whole book, in my opin
Alessandra
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith
Holly Wagner, in my opinion, is amazing.

I have heard some of her sermons prior to picking up this book, so I felt like I could understand how she was talking right from the beginning. The way it read, specifically with all of the exclamation points, bothered me for awhile but I got used to it.

I absolutely loved it though. I love who it calls women to be. I love her explanation of the woman of Proverbs 31. I remember my first time reading that bit of scripture and being immediately turned off t
Rachel
Oct 11, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
The style of her writing in this book is aimed so much so at 13 yr olds, even though the target audience is "young women", married or single. It is her first ever book, and her style of writing does improve in her later books. She raises so many good points and aside from the slightly annoying writing, it is a good book.
Tiffany
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
God Chicks just was not my style. The writing was very casual as if she was talking directly to you. It was more of a self-help and empowerment book. There were a lot of quotes I highlighted that I liked, and I could relate to some of the scenarios. It just isn't something I would normally pick up and read. I read this as part of a book club.
Abigail Lois
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome! Every Princess should read it!:) not only will you know more about what a woman truly is, you will find out that as a beautiful lady of Daddy God you are blessed and so blessed to be a blessing :)
Kim
Holly Wagner is an amazing woman. This book changed my life. I could go on and on about it but I won't.
Ashley Katsuyama
Sep 26, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
Too corny for words. I just couldn't get passed the writing style to even notice if the content was any good.
Angela
Affirming and encouraging.
Linda
Great book by an amazing God Chick!
Lorena
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
A light, thought-provoking read from our church library.
Tiffany
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
I read this book as part of a women's church book club. It's not my style of book or writing. It was a nice quick read and gave us something to talk about. Easily relatable.
Melissa
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
A decent enough read, but a little on the shallow side so I didn't get much out of it. That said, I think I read it much older than its intended audience.
Dawn Wells
Jun 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian Women
Recommended to Dawn by: Oasis Christian Center
Got to give a shout out for the author and pastor of Oasis in L.A. -- she's so amazing.
Denise
Oct 03, 2013
Jamie
Jul 02, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Your Journey to be the Ultimate U (Ultimate U, #1)
  • Happiness Now!
  • Success Is Never Ending, Failure Is Never Final
  • The Power of Giving
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You
  • After Silence: Rape & My Journey Back
  • Breaking Intimidation: Say "No" Without Feeling Guilty.  Be Secure Without the Approval of Man
  • Ten Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Went Out Into the Real World
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • Changes That Heal: Workbook
  • 100 Ways to Love Your Husband: A Life-Long Journey of Learning to Love
  • Goldstrike
  • Even Greater: 12 Real-Life Stories That Inspire You to Do Great Things for God
  • Everything But the Burden: What White People Are Taking from Black Culture
“The bride, the beautiful princess, a royal daughter is glorious. She waits within her chamber, dressed in a gown woven with gold. Wearing the finest garments, she is brought to the King. Her friends, her companions, follow her into the royal palace. What a joyful, enthusiastic, excited procession as they enter the palace! She comes before her King, who is wild for her!
-OLD TESTAMENT, PSALM 45”
0 likes