Start by marking “Tree of Life (Tree of Life, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tree of Life (Tree of Life, #1)

Tree of Life

(Tree of Life #1)

Wrath, vengeance, hatred, cannot breathe the same atmosphere as love. And so it was that love began to wither and withdraw... Among the ageless quietude of the elves, Deacon, a mortal, suffers the inescapable awareness of mortality. He lived in what many deemed perfection, but a dark uncertainty plagued him that there lay treachery in it all. When secrets of his mysterious ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by P.L.Daniels Pty. Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Tree of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tree of Life

Start your review of Tree of Life (Tree of Life, #1)
Robert Duperre
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Rating: 1.9 out of 5

The older you get, the faster life moves. Yes, that’s a cliché, but most times clichés have their roots in aspects of the truth. Days and weeks fly by, and before you know it you’re looking at the past saying, “Maybe I should’ve stopped for a minute to appreciate the passage of time.” When I find myself thinking this, and the limited time I have to do what I need to do, I abhor the things around me that waste my time, things that steal from me precious moments with which I co
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
The Tree of Life is a epic fantasy novel that combines adventure, romance and magic.
There were many aspects of this novel that I found appealing. I thought the world building creative and original with its mix of mages, sorceres, elves and other creatures. I thought the imagery and description exquisite and the language stunningly lyrical.
With so much going for it, I find it frustratingly difficult to articulate why I lost interest. I began to struggle about half way through and I have to admi
Eleanor
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book took me so very long to read. The descriptions weighed the book down heavily and at times I felt as though I had to push them aside to locate the storyline. This was often difficult as the punctuation wasn't always correct; one sentence ran for six lines! I persevered however, and found myself asking a whole lot of questions...none of which have yet been answered.

One thing the author managed to do was make me feel an extremely strong emotion: hate! I really don't like using that word,
Jennifer Melzer
Feb 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy fans, fans of Tolkien
Revenge... it incurs bitterness and motivation unlike any other emotion, settling deep into the soul like a festering pustule until the seeker is completely consumed.

This is Deacon--the protagonist in Elita Daniels' debut fantasy novel, Tree of Life Part One. Abducted and scarred by his cruel and power-hungry father as a child, Deacon's mother risked life and limb to save him from the cruel fate his father planned for him. The bond between mother and son becomes even stronger as they survive the
Joanne Valiukas
Sep 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Tree of life is a High Fantasy novel that in its descriptive, colourful prose sits amongst those works in the manner of Tolkien and Paolini. The book from the first page to the last is shrouded in darkness as Ms Daniels weaves a tale surrounding a protagonist that is thoroughly unlikeable though deep down inside, you look for a reason to find redemption within him. The writer skillfully skates a knifes edge with how she handles both the deepening plot and the development of her characters. I am ...more
Miranda Wheeler
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
View the Original Review here: http://ricochetreviews.blogspot.com/2...

Tree of Life is unlike anything I've ever read. Ever.

Firstly, this cover is absolutely beautiful. Both versions - the print edition is gorgeous too, but the e-book cover is stunning! I'm pretty sure the same artist that did Fate Fixed by Bonnie Erina Wheeler (another gorgeous cover!) had something to do with it. In short, the piece is beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful pieces... wow.

I restate: Tree of Life is unlike anything I
Paschalis
Jul 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: elibrary
elibrary
Alice Yeh
Jan 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
The story begins not with the main character of this tale, Deacon, but rather with the people and the betrayal that would guide the journey occupying the bulk of this book. Though initially a bit disappointed at the brevity of the first adventure, I was quickly placated by the realization that it was only the backdrop to a more involved production.

Daniels proves herself as one with a good understanding of human nature. Her characterizations are consistent, even with the transformations and matur
Carey
Feb 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
I couldn't read this book. I doubt I made it a hundred pages in before I set it aside.

The writing is technically okay (grammar and spelling were fine), but the style was almost unreadable. It's written in a very detached third-person narrative, and glosses over a lot of character interactions with summaries. Dialogue is almost non-existent, or is used as awkward exposition.

Perhaps most awkward, though, was the mood. The only emotions expressed in the part of the book I read were negative: fear,
Mike
Dec 27, 2010 rated it liked it
I am so anxious to read this amazing looking book! It is on my top five books to read in 2011 list!
__________________________________________________________________________________
Author Elita Faith Daniels was kind enough to offer me an e version of this book!
Which, by the way, is also the reason it took me so long to read it. I still have not made the full commit to switch from paper books to kindle books, so I usually forget when I have books on my kindle app!

That being said, this book was
Julian
Dec 18, 2015 added it
This book was pretty hard for me. This book shows struggles with a man's past and tries to make sense of his childhood, while also grappling with bigger existential issues. I liked this book because it was really really good. What I also liked is that it had a few poems.
Maaike
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I agree with a lot of the reviews- it seems wordy, drags on and has a dreary non-resolving sort of feel to it. Took me longer than I like to get through it. Not all bad but certainly not gripping or fascinating. Tantalizing beginning but nothing really comes of it.
Kim
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
I've had the book on my shelf for a while, took a me a little bit to get to it. I finally did read it, and though it was a decent story, it really wasn't my favorite genre. I prefer paranormal romance to fantasy. This was just a little out there for me.
Lana
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
a great first of a series, am loving the book and its great characters though i imagined that i would see more magic used especially when deacon and friends are under attack!! look forward to the 2nd book but am hoping for a bit more magical action!!
James Harris
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-fantasy
interesting book
Bonnie Wheeler
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a lush, dream swept tale. I loved Daniel's prose and rich detail and the dreamy fantasy she wove. I anxiously await Part 2!
Robert
Sep 07, 2010 marked it as to-read
Shelves: elves, tree-of-life
Ah, a subject very close to my heart.
Michelle Mesics
I really enjoyed this book, even though it is not something I would usually read !! Really looking forward to reading the next chapter :)
Monique
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, own
I gave up reading this one. I may go back to it, but I doubt it.
Jim Galford
Apr 27, 2015
Haley
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Elita Daniels was born in the early 1980's in North Queensland, and was raised (and still lives) in the historical gold city of Charters Towers. She started writing at age twenty-five, writing late at night when the house was quiet.

She aspires to move with her husband to a nice sized property located in a cooler climate, get a couple of dogs, and see "Tree of Life" made into a movie.

Tree of Life (2 books)
  • Before the Dawn (Tree of Life, #2)