Start by marking “Survival at Starvation Lake” as Want to Read:
Survival at Starvation Lake

Survival at Starvation Lake

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Most people would have said that Sally McPhearson had it all. Sally was a wealthy, and powerful woman. Being the CEO of a major Canadian Corporation, most of Sally's business acquaintances liked her but almost all feared her. She carried a dark secret that she had managed to hide from everyone, perhaps even herself. Sally's career had become her whole life and she did not ...more
Published July 27th 2010 by Author Solutions (first published July 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Survival at Starvation Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survival at Starvation Lake

April
"This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobook Blast."

The characters, who come from very different backgrounds, find themselves having to rely on each other for their survival following a plane

crash. The female character is portrayed as almost helpless and dependent on male character. Female is CEO of a company, but male character acts

like she is stupid. The religious questions seem to be an agenda for the
Judi Chesshir
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this suspenseful story. I was hooked from the start. I enjoyed the survival techniques that the two had to endure, the two different points of view on how to look at their situation, and how questions are answered in the storyline about parts of the Bible that many people today still wonder about. This is an interesting storyline that you will enjoy reading and talking about to your friends and family. I hope the next step for this book is for it to be made into a TV show or mov ...more
Linda
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and couldn't put it down. Its a exciting story of the personal struggle of two plane crash survivors who come from completely different walks in life. Its a spiritual jouney and transformation. The sequel answers questions left unanswered in the first book and its called Lost at Starvation Lake, which I am reading now.
Shelley Boggan
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an exciting book. So many details. Almost reads like a mystery. And all the pieces come together at the end and it all makes sense. A wonderful romance. Spiritually uplifting. I've read this book several times and enjoyed it each time.
Hunter Green
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spiritually uplifting and an interesting story that pulls you into the characters world. I did feel that the female lead could have been stronger in her decisions during some moments of the book, but felt this did not take away from the overall story. The ending is great and could stand on its own. However, I will be looking for book two Lost at Starvation Lake to continue the adventure.

* I was given a free copy of the book from AudiobookBlast dot com in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Lisa
Aug 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I probably would have given this 4 stars if not for the grammar errors & lack of contractions. I'm not kidding, the entire book without a contraction. Also the misspelling of Michigan's Upper Peninsula is a little irritating (Upper Peninsular). Other than that it was a cute Christian themed sort of romance.
Sharon Lee
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great story with interesting characters, some surprises and a satisfying conclusion. A good, clean book you can read with your family, too! Lots of details. You'll learn things you can apply to your own life as well.
Alisa Allen
It was an okay book. It was quite religious and I believe a bit over the top in that respect, but it held my interest enough to finish it.
Jan
Mar 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
Way to much religion.
Patricia
A little too "preachy" for my taste.
Pipsa Mankinen
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Book itself was ok but towards the end all that preaching was maybe a bit too much and started to bother me while reading the end.
Kim Reese
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like Christian books, this is a good example of living out your faith in dire circumstances.
Jack