Start by marking “The Message of a Master: Classic Tale of Wealth, Wisdon, and the Secret of Success” as Want to Read:

Originally published in 1929 by California Press.
Published April 27th 1993 by New World Library (first published 1929)

To ask other readers questions about The Message of a Master, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Message of a Master

Start your review of The Message of a Master: Classic Tale of Wealth, Wisdon, and the Secret of Success
Vinoth Srinivasan
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: exploring-me
The best self help book I have read so far and it will stay close to my heart forever. The thoughts on the word "I" , the concept of MIND and the comparison of the seed to mind were awesome. A must read.
Thomas White
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MUST READ for anyone who is committed to creating the fullest life possible.
Dwight
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books
Satish
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of good book, i have ever read. Its a very small book that anyone can finish this book in one reading. But its content or theme is so high that it would touch your heart and prompt you to think again upon the way of life you are living, help you track down the reason of failure in your life.

I would suggest its a good book to read and change the way of life we are living to achieve success.
Shawn Mcdowell
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Message of a Master

I am so glad that I found this book in ebook form, because I kept losing my printed copy. I really love this book as the message is simple but all so powerful.
Herve Tunga
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will test and come back to it. The style quite 19th century, provide the old fashion style though interfere, at times, with relevancy to our times.
Liz
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Remarkable little book. Read it slowly.
Istvan
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
If I knew it was a "Law of Attraction" sort of book I wouldn't have ordered it at the first place. Didn't get any new ideas from it...
Giacomo Mantani
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
One of my father's favorite books. A present where it is the thought that counts more then the content itself, imho.
Sam Klemens
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is so tiny, and yet absolutely profound. If you follow the wisdom inside I have no doubt success will be the result. I practically want to get some of the best quotes tattooed on my arm. Perhaps I won't go to such extremes, but that's how I feel about this book.

It contains a few of the essential lessons of Think and Grow Rich, but in a much shorter format.

Power-pack-super-combo: Think and Grow Rich, Message of a Master, Slight Edge.

Read and apply all three, and your life will be
Wendy Pearson

• The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • American Dirt
  • Finding My Virginity: The New Autobiography
  • Founder of the Khalsa: The Life and Times of Guru Gobind Singh
  • Disillusioned (Cape Thomas #2)
  • Call Your Daughter Home
  • This Terrible Beauty: A Novel
  • Who Will Cry When You Die? Life Lessons from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
  • Warren Buffett: The Business And Life Lessons Of An Investment Genius, Magnate And Philanthropist (Warren Buffett, Buffett, Investing, Warren Buffet Biography, ... Buffet book, Buffett books, Business book)
  • پرتره
  • The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary
  • A Better Way to Live
  • One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow
  • Here Is Real Magic: A Magician's Search for Wonder in the Modern World
  • Life Is Tremendous
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work
There is more than one Goodreads author with this name.

John McDonald (1906-1998) was an editor and writer for Fortune magazine for three decades and the ghostwriter for Alfred P. Sloan's My Years with General Motors. He was also the author of books on business, game theory, and fly fishing.

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...