Start by marking “The Princess's Bride (Pirates of Flaundia #1)” as Want to Read:
The Princess's Bride (Pirates of Flaundia #1)

The Princess's Bride

(The Pirates of Flaundia #1)

Daisy de Fleurre, an exiled princess from a faraway land, longs for true love. She almost experienced it at the tender age of eighteen, when she and her servant Chelsey, engaged in a smoldering love affair for one brief summer before they were both separated forever. Eight years later, Daisy is now engaged to a man who wants to offer her the world. But Daisy still longs fo ...more
Published August 16th 2010 by Ravenous Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Princess's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess's Bride

Kat Kennedy
I have to be honest here, even though I consider KT Grant an excellent, wise and intelligent person. I just did not get into this book and subsequently couldn't finish it.

I think it shows the naughty-no-no skills she has though, in that whilst I don't butter my bread on the breasted side, I was still quite hot and flustered at the couple of sex scenes I read.

fanning self
I'm so sorry. I just had to use this GIF.

In all fairness, historical romance is NOT my genre. So if you want a sweet, easy read that doesn
K.T. Grant
Aug 16, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this.
Kathryn
Sexy, lesbian take on the much loved book by Wm Goldman, The Princess Bride.
Penny Watson
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Review of The Princess's Bride by KT Grant

I have a confession to make. I'm not really into gay sex stories. I know they're all hot and hip and happenin' and trendy right now, but I sort of don't care that much. Someone once said the reason why gay male stories are so hot is that two c*cks are better than one. :) I think that is an awesome and hilarious statement, but nevertheless, I can't get myself that worked up about the whole thing. I know, I'm a sad Vanilla girl. (French vanilla with bitter
Dide
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I seem to be on a roll choosing books with abundant sex scenes. That said, this was retro entertaining but a number of times cheesy.
LynnMarie
Aug 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Angelique’s Review

I have been waiting to read “The Princess’s Bride” since I saw the cover on Ms. Grant’s website after my review of “Lovestruck.” It was well worth the wait and I was definitely not disappointed. Much like her other novellas, “The Princess’s Bride” left me with a dozen conflicting emotions. I was pissed off at Chelsey, wishing Daisy would grow up, and secretly plotting Lord Humphrey’s death.

The characters are realistic, deeply flawed, and full of life. Ms. Grant writes as if t
Kim
Interesting dynamic between Chelsey and Daisy. Definitely understood Daisy's love for Chelsey, but felt that Chelsey was more in lust.

Their first meeting after eight years (before Daisy knows who the Pirate Dread is) was a bit uncomfortable for my taste. I fully support Daisy's anger over those events.

I couldn't understand Chelsey's anger when Daisy figured out who she was. She abandoned Daisy for eight years, and was upset that Daisy had possibly moved on? I get that Chelsey's plan for coming
Morgan
Awful. Just awful.
Lisa R. Smith
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bawdy, lustful, pirate read

I love a good lez pirate read. I wanted to be one when I grew up 😎. Alas a good book is as far as I got. This one has a wealthy princess, whose kingdom was lost, falling in love with the cooks daughter. Her Father finds them together and throws the cook and her daughter out. The Mother takes her daughter to live with with an Uncle who owns a shipping line, and the rest you’ll have to read for yourself. This is #1 in a new series and I look forward to the next installme
Cecile
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

This is a f/f love story, so if a little f/f loving is n
Keilani Patolo
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
1:A book that has been made into a film
2: I thought this book looked extremely interesting .

3:I was in favour of how the storyline was set out . And also how they choose the right people to play the characters in the movie .

A very nice old grandfather was kind enough to read his little grandson a book when he was feeling ill. This book was passed down from father to son for many generations.
The story is a love and romantic story who had once lived a young beautiful lady named Buttercup who wa
Darrena
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Alli
May 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-2011, lgbt, fantasy
Leila Anani
Lesbian pirate historical romance heavily inspired by "The Princess Bride". Apallingly written, trash romantic fiction this is not without its charm, but it's definitely of the guilty pleasure variety.

Writing is poor, story is unoriginal, and characters are unbelievable. Daisy waits 8 years for Chelsey and yet there is very little upset when they finally reunite. The villain of the piece is straight out of a bad melodrama.

Bottom of the barrel in the genre, but entertaining enough.
Monisha
Jul 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
The plot just wasn't well enough executed. It went too fast, at a pace that was way to unrealistic. I don't recommend this book. If you want to read about lesbian pirates, there are better books out there.
Abz
May 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not a bad book but not great either, i found Daisy a rather irritating charater. If you are interested in a good pirate book I would suggest reading the Sublime and Spirited Voyage of Original Sin, the characters are so much more likeable and the story so much better!
Angie
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars.
It was pretty good but not great. I could definitely see all of the Princess Bride references and I'm not just talking about the title.
Jenny
Apr 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
This is smutty fanfiction of a children's book!

TERRIBLE WRITING

SHAMEFUL

SAVE YOUR MONEY!
Liza
Sep 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Another super sexy read by KT Grant. Loved both Daisy and Chelsey and would love to see a story about Daisy's brother Thomas.
Carrot
Apr 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Rescue Me
  • Graceful Waters
  • The Devil Unleashed (Cain Casey, #2)
  • The Secret Portrait (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #1)
  • Silver Collar (Garoul, #4)
  • Hard Times
  • Dating Game
  • The Midnight Hunt (Midnight Hunters, #1)
  • Manhattan Moon (Shape-Shifter, #1.75)
  • Midnight In Orlando
  • Summer's End
  • Life Rewired
  • Nora and Liz
  • The Dreamer, Her Angel and the Stars
  • Holiday Escort
  • Worth Every Step
  • Strange Bedfellows (Strange Bedfellows, #1)
  • Coffee Sonata
KT Grant is a self-proclaimed eccentric redhead who not only loves to read a wide variety of romances, but also loves writing it. A proud native of New Jersey, KT is multi-published and writes Gay, Lesbian and Straight romance. KT also has been a top ten best-selling author at Amazon.

The Pirates of Flaundia (4 books)
  • The Prince's Groom (Pirate's of Flaundia #2)
  • The Princess's Valentine (Pirates of Flaundia #2.5)
  • Christmas With The Countess's Bride (Pirates of Flaundia #3)