Start by marking “The Death of Joan of Arc (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #4.5)” as Want to Read:
The Death of Joan of Arc (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #4.5)

The Death of Joan of Arc

(The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #4.5)

Michael Scotts first-ever exclusive ebook short story delves into the world of the bestselling series The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel and offers readers a never-before-seen lost storythe story of two warriors who would become sisters.

Joan of Arc was not burned at the stake in Rouen, France in 1431. She was rescued from certain death by Scathach the Warrior.

The
Published August 24th 2010 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Start your review of The Death of Joan of Arc (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #4.5)
Skip
Jan 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, e-books
I really enjoyed this series, but this pathetic attempt to wring money from readers ought to embarrass Michael Scott (or his publisher.) It adds nothing to the series or character development as you would expect from a 12-page e-book. (view spoiler)
Rissa
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
Beautiful writing and interesting thought.

Joan didnt die at the stake but did she survive the arrow wound she was given making her grand escape?
Audrey
I really enjoy the characters of Joan of Arc and Scathach in Scott's series, but this short story doesn't really add anything new to what we know. There are no new insights into these characters -- it's just a recounting of how Scathach saved Joan of Arc from being burned at the stake so that she could become one of the immortals. So, there's plot, but not much in terms of motivation or explanation. Plus, the story is from another person's POV, and it really doesn't add anything to the series ...more
Gieliza
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Scatty and Joan being badasses. What's not to like?
Kārlis
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome description of a very important event/change-up of an event in Michael Scott's version of history. Almost everything is one long fight scene (which, of course, is captivating and whatnot) but I also love how Joan and Scathach influenced and affected the narrator's/witness' life.
Hayley
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I finished the series a year or two ago, but I'd always really wanted to read this. It was what I was looking for to calm down after my last read, and I enjoyed it.
Jas
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Another fun side story to the main series. I wish this had been longer though. More background. The Billy the kid story was almost three times longer (still pretty short and a quick read).
Madeline O'Rourke
To me, The Death of Joan of Arc is the perfect kind of companion short story.

Does it add anything to the main series? No. But that's why it's a companion. It's there to enjoy if you want to read it. And importantly, it's just as good as the novels.

I love that this story is told from the perspective of a character who never appears in the novels. I love the framing of this story as the recollection of one person's experience with Joan and Scatach. I love that the women aren't active characters
Isis
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
While I knew this would be a short story, I was still anticipating something a bit more substantial than a 16 page story. And I also guess I misunderstood when I expected the story to cover more than it does. The title tells you exactly what you will read about in this tid-bit. There are certainly no more details, which I guess the author feels are well enough addressed in one of his full-length stories (The Necromancer if I'm not mistaken).

So once over the surprise and disappointment regarding
Jeff
Aug 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: flamel
Adam Shields
Nov 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Short review: This is a very short story in the same realm as the rest of the Nicholas Flammel books. Doesn't really add much to the story and the basic are already hinted at in the books. But it is cheap and worth the read if you like the series.

Full review on my blog at http://www.mrshields.com/the-death-of...
Neil
Jun 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointingly short. This deals with the 'death' of Joan at the stake, and how Scatty manages to rescue her. I enjoyed this short tale more because it was told from an independent viewpoint, that of an English archer. At least it put some flesh on the bones about the relationship between Joan and Scatty, But I just wish that it had been slightly longer.
Shawn
Dec 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Wow - a "short" story is right ... more like a short preface or even the blurb from the dust jacket of the next "real" novel. :) What was there, was pretty good, but it was no where near enough to satisfy.
J
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
My two favorite female protagonists in one setting? Too good!
Lydia Schlais
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a short story, but a very good one. It helped me figure out why Scattach and Joan had such a good relationship.
Ben Truong
The Death of Joan of Arc: A Lost Story from the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel is a short story from The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series written by Michael Scott, which tells the tale of how Joan of Arc a human immortal survived being burned at the stake. This short story takes place before the series, but should be read after The Magician after Joan of Arc officially appeared in the core story.

Joan of Arc is an immortal humani who is known all over the world as a
s.alnasri
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Now the problem with novellas is that some of them can be long, a collection of stories or it can be way too short like the bummer of a novella in the Great Library Series I read last year. This one unfortunately is way too short, but thankfully that didnt stop it from being completely boring. One of my favourite characters in the series is Scathach and I was very excited to read about any of her previous adventures, this one in particular though was actually mentioned multiple times in the ...more
Anna
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
It was a very short story, literally 10 pages on my e-reader. Basically, its just Scatach being badass and rescuing Joan, (view spoiler). And while a more practical part of me was noting how highly impossible it would be for Scatach to swat scores of arrows out of the air even with her supernatural reflexes, there was still a lot of action and excitement for me just to kick back and have fun while I read it.

I think the story
Angi
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pamela Scott

This is my first time reading the author. Maybe this short story would be more enjoyable if youd read the full-length novel in the series. Or maybe not. The premise is interesting and piqued my interest. The story doesnt live up to its potential. Its rather flat and dry, just a recounting of Joans rescue from her execution by a mysterious red-headed warrior. There is no attempt to develop character even a little bit. Just because its a short story doesnt
Eliana Martin
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS! THIS IS A SHORT NOVELA BASED ON MICHAEL SCOTT'S THE SECRETS OF THE IMMORTAL NICHOLAS FLAMEL. ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS SCATHACH. TO BAD IT DIDN'T SAY MORE ABOUT JOAN OF ARC, LOVED HER CHARACTER ALSO , IT'S BASICALLY HOW SCATHACH SAVED JOAN FROM HER DEATH SENTENCE AND GALLOPED AWAY WITH HER. IN THE SERIES IT DOESN'T MENTION HOW SHE WENT ABOUT IT, SO THIS NOVELLA WAS GREAT BECAUSE YOU GET THE STORY BEHIND THAT RESCUE.
Sammm
I mostly give the companion material higher ratings because they are usually much less rated than their main series. This short story isn't "bad" per se, but it's a detailed recount of something the readers have already been given a summary to. I think the POV character actually had some really accurate observations, but like many reviewers have pointed out, it doesn't exactly add much to the series as a whole. Just don't read it with a high expectation and you should be fine imo.
Grace Anthony
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017, reviewed
This was a good read, not spectacular, but entertaining nonetheless. It is told from the point of view of a guard who is reluctant to sentence Joan to death. It was interesting to see Scathatch from an outsider's perspective. My only complaint is how short it is. I knew going in that it was only an ebook short story, but I read it in ten minutes. Other then that, it was a decent story.
iesha Scoggins
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good short

I liked billy the kids short more I felt like you got to know the characters better then this short of Joan, you dont really get to be inside joans mind in this one so the story feels detached
Fizza
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Feeling bad picking this one up under a ten-years-later-like-scenario. But yes, these characters are still brilliant as ever!

Joan of Arc escapedbut that is the story you have never heard.

Then it's good I picked it up afterall.

Uyên Khôi
Well, there was not any new thing in this short story. It was already mentioned in book 3 (I guess, it was when the twins met Joan), and now in this novellas the author just added a bit detail. Anyway, it's still okay to enjoy in such a windy day.
Jacquelyn Thompson
Not needed character background

I have really enjoyed this series, so I was eager to read this bit of character background. It was not as good or exciting as I had hoped. Truthfully it was a let down.
Dmc
Disappointed it wasn't longer.
Michael H (Mouse UK)
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short little side story realted to the series. What happens is mentioned in the seties but this stor is an account ftom another point of view of events.

Nice short read if you liked thd series...
Lauren Gulisane
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun short aside to the Nicholas Flamel story about one of my favorite characters! I enjoyed it and wish there was more about Joan of Arc.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Outlander 8-Book Bundle
  • The Book of Mysteries
  • Caveat Emptor: The Secret Life of an American Art Forger
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
  • The Satanic Scriptures
  • Poesía y Revolución
  • Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)
  • The Girl with the Dragon Heart (Tales from the Chocolate Heart, #2)
  • Barn Dance!
  • Fire on All Sides
  • The Complete Oz
  • Slugs in Love
  • I'd Know You Anywhere, My Love
Irish-born Michael Scott began writing over thirty years ago, and is one of Ireland's most successful and prolific authors, with over one hundred titles to his credit, spanning a
variety of genres, including Fantasy, Science Fiction and Folklore.

He writes for both adults and young adults and is published in thirty-seven countries, in over twenty languages.

Praised for his unparalleled contribution

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (6 books)
  • The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1)
  • The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2)
  • The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
  • The Necromancer  (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #4)
  • The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)
  • The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)