Start by marking “A Bit of Fry & Laurie” as Want to Read:
A Bit of Fry & Laurie

A Bit of Fry & Laurie (A Bit of Fry and Laurie #1)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  520 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A selection of sketches from the BBC2 comedy series starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.
Published November 1990 by Mandarin

To ask other readers questions about A Bit of Fry & Laurie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bit of Fry & Laurie

Indah Threez Lestari
I love this book!

I can visualize Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie doing all the sketches in this book.

I like this pun:

Betty had a bit of bitter butter and put it in her batter and made her batter bitter.

Then Betty took a bit of better butter and put it in her bitter batter and made her bitter batter better.

Can't translate that to Indonesian. It's the same like the sentence Kuku kaki kakak kakekku kaku-kaku
Faizah
Jun 08, 2009 marked it as to-read
Watched and loved the series... look forward to reading this book!
Angie
Dec 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I loved a Bit of Fry and Laurie and saw them at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival when this book came out. It still makes me laugh and I wish they would pair up again.
Uranie - Alivreouvert.net
Pas mal... mais je n'aurais pas forcément choisi ces sketchs là. Il manque quelques bons classiques (comme Shakespeare, le type bourré au barre...). Tous les textes ne sont pas aussi drôles. Mais en tout cas, très bonne idée de proposer enfin une édition française du duo Fry & Laurie.
Mathilde
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've watched the show before, and the book is just as random and weird. Love it.
Tara Calaby
Just a collection of scripts from the series, so only pick it up if you're a fan of that.
Matthew Barnes
Jun 19, 2017
Jae
Jan 28, 2016
  • Tragically I Was an Only Twin: The Complete Peter Cook
  • Monty Python's Flying Circus: Just The Words (Volumes 1 & 2)
  • Primordial Soup: The Least Worst Scripts (Red Dwarf)
  • Bachelor Boys: The Young Ones Book
  • The Libertine
  • This Mitchell and Webb Book
  • Blackadder: The Whole Damn Dynasty, 1485-1917
  • Talking Cock
  • Liz Tells Frank What Happened In...
  • Anthology of Black Humor
  • Иван Васильевич
  • Absolutely Fabulous: The Complete Original Six Episodes
  • De vierde man
Stephen John Fry is an English comedian, writer, actor, humourist, novelist, poet, columnist, filmmaker, television personality and technophile. As one half of the Fry and Laurie double act with his comedy partner, Hugh Laurie, he has appeared in A Bit of Fry and Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster. He is also famous for his roles in Blackadder and Wilde, and as the host of QI. In addition to writing fo ...more
More about Stephen Fry...

A Bit of Fry and Laurie (3 books)
  • Three Bits Of Fry And Laurie
  • Fry & Laurie: Bit No. 4

“I think it was Donald Mainstock, the great amateur squash player who pointed out how lovely I was. Until that time I think it was safe to say that I had never really been aware of my own timeless brand of loveliness. But his words smote me, because of course you see, I am lovely in a fluffy moist kind of way and who would have it otherwise? I walk, and let’s be splendid about this, in a highly accented cloud of gorgeousness that isn't far short of being, quite simply terrific. The secret of smooth almost shiny loveliness, of the order of which we are discussing, in this simple, frank, creamy sort of way, doesn't reside in oils, unguents, balms, ointments, creams, astringents, milks, moisturizers, liniments, lubricants,
embrocations or balsams, to be rather divine for just one noble moment, it resides, and I mean this in a pink slightly special way, in ones attitude of mind.

To be gorgeous, and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.

And I believe it of myself, tremulously at first and then with rousing heat and passion, because, stopping off for a second to be super again, I’m so often told it.

That’s the secret really.”
87 likes