Start by marking “Mommy Mine” as Want to Read:
Mommy Mine

Mommy Mine

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Mommies come in all shapes and sizes -- tiny and chubby, spiny and grubby!

And Mommies make all different kinds of noises -- chomp and chatter, stomp and pitter-patter!

But for every child, the best mom in the whole world is

Mommy
Published March 15th 2005 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Mommy Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy Mine

Kathryn
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Yes, I was captured by the adorable cover and I couldn't get away ;-) While I'm not sure all the illustrations inside are as cute, many of them are very, very cute and I really liked the variety of animals included. The rhyming text has a charming cadence. A great snuggly read-aloud.
That One Librarian
Standard fare but great fun for toddlers.
Sherri Anderson
The universal theme of this picture book is the primary and intimate relationship between mothers and their babies – regardless of species. The book presents a series of animals - mammals, reptiles, birds, amphibians and insects – each shown on a two-page spread with brightly-colored, high-action illustrations. The repeated format of rhyming text allows emergent readers to predict and guess at the words based not only on the type of animal, but also the large, expressive font paired with each an ...more
Amy
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it
We've had this book since Bea was a toddler. It was a popular bedtime book when she was little - cute animal pictures, cute poem, short, opportunities for cuddles and kisses... Now Bea thinks it is babyish and scientifically innacurate. (Mom, seals aren't lazy - they just can't sit up on land. And penguins aren't clumsy - it is more efficient to slide on the ice.) Sigh. My girl is growing up. I pulled this off the shelf today for her to read it out loud to me because I knew it had unusual text f ...more
Danielle Baker
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review:

Mommy Mine is a cute book that talks about Mommy of course. Mommies are generally the center of a child's universe and they love to hear about stories with mommies. Of course after reading this story we could discuss each child's mommy. Another aspect to bring to children's attention is even animals have mommies and every mommy is different. What makes your mommy special?

Learning Experience:

I would give the children printed copies off all the mommies and babies in the story and have the
Robert
A cute enough book that presents many different animals and usually an adjective that describes the animal. Sometimes an action is highlighted. It all rhymes.

The illustrations are nice. This is a book to use with students to teach adjective use that doesn't follow adjective-noun. Mommy nice, helps the student identify the word that describes the noun, even if it doesn't follow the predictable pattern we use.
Christian Singer
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love Jane Chapman's illustrations, especially the two-page spread at the end showing all the mommies and babies. Adults will see the emotional closeness that parents and children share. I like that the illustrations include the life stages of the animals. The lifelike, colorful photos will capture infants' and toddlers' attention. An added bonus would be cuddling in their parents' arms. This is a good bedtime read.
jacky
Jan 15, 2010 rated it liked it
This was read at story time. It was cute how it showed all types of animals with their mothers. It reminded me of Dinosaur Roar because of the short sentences that describe. Its cool for showing that all types of animals have mothers, even the fierce ones. You could probably use it metaphorically to show that there are all types of families.
Kristen
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-books
This was a strange book. First, I think our library copy was missing a page at the beginning. Second, the words were strange and lacking. I did enjoy seeing all the different animals. It's a good book to use for young children learning their animals and animal sounds. But as an actual story book, it wasn't up to par.
Katie Nanney
The book was simple and very quick read. I liked the pictures and all of the different animals. It would be a nice book for beginning readers, but beyond that, I'm not sure how to use it. It was simple and repetitive and that will help beginning readers and ELL students.
  • The Very Lazy Ladybug Pop-Up
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • Flip, Flap, Fly!: A Book for Babies Everywhere
  • Hide-and-Squeak
  • Who Put the Cookies in the Cookie Jar?
  • Bedtime for Mommy
  • What Moms Can't Do
  • I'm the Best Artist in the Ocean!
  • Pumpkin Eye
  • Plant a Little Seed
  • Animal Strike at the Zoo. It's True!
  • Shhhhh! Everybody's Sleeping
  • My Friend Bear
  • Mouse Mess
  • Tracks in the Snow
  • Shivery Shades of Halloween
  • Little Quack's New Friend
  • Clothesline Clues to Jobs People Do
Children's author / illustrator Tim Warnes' first book was published in 1995; since then he's worked on more than 65 books, which have been translated into 18 different languages (9 of these he wrote). He also writes a twice weekly comic strip, Chalk & Cheese.

Awards include the Nottinghamshire Children's Book Award for I don't want to go to bed! which features the popular Little Tiger characte
More about Tim Warnes...