Start by marking “The Eiffel Tower's Daughter:The Truth Behind the Lies” as Want to Read:
The Eiffel Tower's Daughter:The Truth Behind the Lies

The Eiffel Tower's Daughter:The Truth Behind the Lies

(The Eiffel Tower's Daughter)

The Eiffel Tower's Daughter, an adventure fiction by Bethany Huang at 10-year-old, is ranked No.1 on SBEP Summer Reading List 2011 from BoysHopeGirlsHope.org and top 10% at Barnes & Noble List for Teen Fiction - Adventure.

The Eiffel Tower's Daughter is a story about love, compassion, family, and life. A girl who has to face it all with no one to help her. She runs awa
Published October 4th 2010 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about The Eiffel Tower's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eiffel Tower's Daughter

Melissa
Oct 31, 2010 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars

For such a young author she has done a really good job. I really enjoyed Swanilde's point of view especially.
Lacey
Oct 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a contest and was excited to see what such a young author could muster up, and she didn't disappoint.

The storyline which twists down rugged roads was exciting and quicked paced. I was able to read this book in a day, and the only thing that disappointed me was that it was so short,this book is for anyone who is looking for a book that captures the beauty of a person't soul and deciphers a story that could very much be true.

Swanilde is faced with many challenges, learing of her
Cindy
Nov 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
I am very impressed by the writing of Bethany Huang. She's only 10 years old and she certainly did a terrific job in writing her very first novel. The story was action-packed and entertaining. I like the way that each chapter in the story was told by a different character so that the reader could get their point of view on what was happening.

Well done Miss Huang! You are going to be famous one day. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading your next novel.
Jisun
Aug 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ITS SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rebecca
The Eiffel Tower’s Daughter sounded like an intriguing adventure story so I picked it up for a read. I quite enjoyed reading it but at the same time there were a couple of parts that confused me.
The story itself was quite a good one. Every moment there was action and adventure and Swanilde stayed strong through all of it. The changing viewpoints were quite good as well. It was interesting to know what other characters were thinking about.
There was one big thing that had me confused for the entir
Xena
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Owwww I loved this story :3
But I didn't quite catch the story but oh wells she did write this book when she was 10. The story was cute ^^ i give 5 stars for mentioning Artemis :3
Bethany Huang did a great job!
READIT!
Dovetail
Dec 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This really deserves a 4.5.

It has a great storyline, but at times the way it is written can make what is going on a little confusing. By the time I got to the last chapter I didn't want it to end.

To sum it up: Great job, Bethany!
Kelsey
Feb 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
It was neat to think that a book was published that was written by a 10 year old but then you read it... and it was written by a 10 year old... Very loose and choppy story line. Lots of silly connections and conclusions.
Carole
Nov 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I am getting this book very soon. I am so exsited.
Xi Huang
I enjoyed reading The Eiffel Tower's Daughter by Bethany Huang.
Avidreader1989
Oct 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Eiffel Tower's Daughter is available at bookstores in North America (US and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Demark, Norway, Italy and Austria), Asia (Taiwan, India, Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea), Africa (South Africa and Kenya), and Pacific Island (Australia and New Zeland).
•US: Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, Borders, Authorhouse.com, Abebooks, Powells, Alibris, Better World Books, Books A Million, Indiebound, Scribd, Allbookstore.com, eCampus, Bookde
Avidreader1989
Aug 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Publishing a 100-page chapter book is an amazing achievement for 10-year-old. Having her book ranked on the top in SBEP Summer Reading List from a well-known non-profit organization - Boys Hope Girls Hope and followed by children’s all-time favorite books, such as The Cricket in Time Square, by George Selden, is an exceptional achievement for 10-year-old!

The Eiffel Tower's Daughter is a wonderful adventure book for teen and children of ages 9-12. This is a story about family, love and friendship
Reading Vacation
Mar 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading The Eiffel Tower's Daughter. It is a fast-paced story set in France, Greece, and Egypt. I really liked the international setting - especially Egypt.

The chapters are set up from various points of view. Each chapter has the name of the featured character on the first page. I had to pay attention because there were so many characters.

I liked the main character, Swanilde's voice. She did not give up even when she found herself in many dangerous situations along the way. There was
Juliana
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
I won the contest and i was really anxious for this book to arrive and i read it in one afternoon, very fast reading.

It's for sure a sweet book. I probably would have rated it higher if i was younger... This wasn't a book for my age at all, and i couldn't stop comparing with others books i've read. This story holds a lot of different places, but something i didn't like was that the secret could have been more elaborate and the romance should have been stronger. As I said before I would rated it
Aidan Lauren
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
The Eiffel Tower's Daughter is quite a well written book for a ten year old, I’m really impressed.
It was a fast-paced story set in France, Egypt and Greece. I really loved the setting especially in France, the Eiffel Tower <3. Every character has various point of view. I was impressed to Swanilde that she was able to be strong in all challenges she has encountered. However, in the story, the antagonist- Andreyev was not given any importance in the story and there are some parts that was confu
UnderRepair
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
First of all, I got this book through first-reads and I'm very thankful for it :)

I am quite impressed with Bethany Huang writing such a lovely book being only 10 years old. I cannot really remember my writing skills when I was 10 but I am very sure that they weren't NEARLY as good as the writing in this book. So: Respect!

This story is full of adventure, love and mystery. So quite a good mix for everyone. I would recommend it for kids from 9-14.

Anne
May 04, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was a good effort for a 10 year old. All of the basics were there and it was entertaining. As Bethany gets more experience she will be able to flesh her books out. The Eiffel Tower's Daughter could have easily been three times as long if it were filled in with all of the details it was missing. All in all a good book and I look forward to reading more of Bethany's books as she grows and matures.
Candace
Jan 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I won this as a giveaway not knowing it was written for 9-12 year olds by a 10 year old. Since I was home sick, I read the book. I was impressed by this young author. The different points of view presented added to the story. A bit more detail could have been shared during some of the scenes, seemed to jump a bit. But overall, a good story. Hope the author continues to write.
Applecheek
Jan 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. it is amazing that it is written by such a young author. I look forward to her future novels. I really liked how the novel looked through the eyes of the various characters and how it was set in different countries. I have passed the book on to my friends to enjoy as well.
Kirsten
Feb 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
A great debut novel. I think it's inspiring that it was written by a 10 year old. :)
☮Karen
Recommended for 9-12 year olds, and therefore I'm too old to offer any opinion of relevance. Very admirable to be published at 10!
Carly
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is written by a ten year old! AMAZING! The plot was intriguing, the characters were unique, and the whole book is great...an awesome book!!!
Lauren
Aug 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Girls between the ages of 10 and 12
Really impressive writing for a girl her age! ( About my age, actually. I love to write, and I think I'm good at it. But 100 pages? That's impossible. The plot was somewhat confusing, though.
Aa Angeles
Amber Couch
Jan 02, 2011
Sep 07, 2010
Gretchen
rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2011
  • Without Alice
  • The Incredible Origins of the Onyx Sun
  • Fractured: Happily Never After? 3 Tales
  • Then Came the Evening
  • Groundhog Weather School
  • Quest for Merlin's Map (Jumper Chronicles, #1)
  • Time to Smell the Roses (The Hermux Tantamoq Adventures, #4)
  • The Ruby Notebook (Notebook, #2)
  • Life In Miniature
  • A Thread of Sky
  • Amandine
  • Sharaf
  • Animal House
  • Castle Lake
  • Ashford
  • Songbird
  • Evil Elizabeth (Sweet Valley Twins Super Chiller #9)
  • Eclipsed By Shadow (The Legend of the Great Horse, #1)
Bethany Huang published her first book, The Eiffel Tower's Daughter, at 10 years old. The book is ranked No.1 on SBEP Summer Reading List 2011 from BoysHopeGirlsHope.org. The book is also placed at top 10% at Barnes & Noble Teen Fiction - Adventure List

Bethany Huang and her book were reported by over 100 media, such as Thomson Reuters TV, MSNBC TV, Fox News, PBS, PIX11 TV, Sino TV,Shanghai TV,
“Oh no…!” Swanilde gasped, a dance of emotions going across her face. I could see sadness, anger, fear, and compassion-as well as so many more emotions that I couldn’t grasp. “My father-he’s dead!” 2 likes