Start by marking “Goodnight Tweetheart” as Want to Read:
Goodnight Tweetheart

Goodnight Tweetheart

New York Times bestselling author Teresa Medeiros absolutely dazzles in this quick-witted, laugh-out-loud funny, and highly moving love story that will set readers' hearts atwitter.

Abigail Donovan has a lot of stuff she should be doing. Namely writing her next novel. A bestselling author who is still recovering from a near Pulitzer Prize win and the heady success that foll
Published December 14th 2010 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Goodnight Tweetheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodnight Tweetheart

Start your review of Goodnight Tweetheart
Vinaya
I was feeling a little restless last night, so I decided I'd give Teresa Madeiros another chance. I'm not sure what made me pick up Goodnight Tweetheart, considering I absolutely HATED her other book, The Devil Wears Plaid. (You should totally go read that review, I think it's one of my best! )

Anyway, for whatever reason, I decided I'd give Goodnight Tweetheart a chance, and oh boy, was I blown away! One of the things I really regret is that I seem to have more or less lost my taste for romance.
Lisa
Dec 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Quick read + meet cute = romance for 21st Century. 3.5 stars. How's this for a review in less than 140 characters?!
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I feel like I'm in the minority here, because most of the reviews are 4 and 5 stars, however this one left something to be desired for me.

The concept of the book was really cute, and I love books told through twitter/IM formats, so I was excited about this one. The biggest problem I had with it was the insta-love! It was IMMEDIATE that these two characters started flirting without knowing anything about each other, and then just jumped right on into this twitter relationship, which felt weird t
Joy
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a avid, regular Twitter user myself, I figured this novel would be right up my street and it was! It's a clever premise - 2 people meet on Twitter, one is an author trying to write her second book after having had a successful first one. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say, if you like love stories, this is a great one! It's well written, occasionally very funny and sometimes heartbreaking. I really liked it and recommend it highly!
Ronyell
Twitter
LOVE TWITTER STYLE!

After some urging from my friends and seeing a brief look at this book from one of the last books I had read from Teresa Medeiros, I just had to check out Teresa Medeiros’ latest book “Goodnight Tweetheart” and I was amazed at the concept of this book! “Goodnight Tweetheart” is definitely a great book for romance novel fans of the “Twitter” generation!

Abigail Donovan is a struggling writer who is trying to finish her latest book, but she could never find the right things
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
I was rather apprehensive when one of my favourite historical romance authors, Teresa Medeiros, announced that she was writing a contemporary novel, GOODNIGHT TWEETHEART, and not only that, but the hero and heroine communicate with each other entirely through Twitter. But to my surprise, I discovered a heart-warming romance tinged with a little sadness; an absolute gem!

Four years ago, Abby Donovan was riding high, the author of a best-selling first novel which had come close to winning the Pulit
Arna
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is told in mostly tweets and Direct messages as Abby, a writer who joins Twitter after a push from her publicist stumbled across Mark who offers to take Abby under his wing and show Abby the world of Twitter their friendship quickly blossoms into something more.

I did find it weird that these two starting flirting instantly with the first message being ‘flirty’ I think most would find it creepy? I know I certainly would of!

This book did take an expected turn, which being a thriller l
Lyuda
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.5 stars.
March 1, 2016 Update:
Teresa Medeiros posted an epilogue to Goodnight Tweetheart on her website. it provided a closure for me.

March 14, 2014:

The book had such a unique concept- 75% of it was Twitter feed between two lonely people reaching crossroads of their lives. It worked beautifully. The conversations are out loud funny, poignant and moving. It all started when the heroine’s agent in order to revive her client’s flagging writing carrier asked her to create a Twitter account to reach
Suzanne
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Truly enjoyable. Thanks Lyuda for the recommendation!
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
3.5 stars rounded up

A sweet/bittersweet, funny story, told very straightforwardly. No sub-plots, no faffing around - just two MCs falling in love in spite of...well, read the book & find out. Works really well.
extraordinary ordinary whimsy
Dec 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I call this book the slump slayer. It's wickedly funny, light, and fast-paced. Don't do Twitter? Don't worry, neither do I. Because honestly you don't have to be a fan of Twitter to enjoy the delicious banter, flirtation, and dialogue full of pop culture references.
~Megan~
Amy Sheridan
Apr 19, 2011 rated it liked it
My actual rating would be 2.5 stars, but I'm nice and rounding up.

you know that friend who's in luuuuuuurrrrvvvveee after meeting a guy once? The friend who comes up with elaborate fantasies of dates with some guy she barely knows? That's this book. It seemed like there wasn't sufficient character development for me to have a reason to like any of the characters. Or maybe I'm just one of those girls whose gag reflex is activated by words like "tweetheart" and the idea of a twitter date - I mean,
Megan
4 ½ stars. Wow! What a great story! Teresa Medeiros always produces the very best books, and this shorter book is no exception. I didn’t even know if I was going to “get it” because I have no idea about Twitter. I don’t tweet, so didn’t know anything about it, but not to worry, if you don’t either you won’t be lost in this book. This truly is “A Love Story in 140 Characters or Less.” Sort of a Sleepless in Seattle meets Twitter, except based in reality. Can Abigail Donovan (a struggling, but onc ...more
Danielle
Jan 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Abigail Donovan is an Author who is down on her luck. It has been a while since her first novel was chosen as one of Oprah’s book picks. Now, Abigail can't get anyone to come to her book signings. Instead she is asked to dress up in bunny costume and reading another author’s book to children.

If Abigail can't finish her next book she will be out of a job. Now here is where it begins. Abigail’s agent signed her up for a Twitter account. She knows nothing about twitter but is still willing to give
Greta is Erikasbuddy
So sweet, So ewwy gooey, So rich.... Must... go... to... dentist.... to get teeth filled from cavities.

Ahhhs....

This book could be a Lifetime movie... or it could even be a big screen movie. It was definitely a RomCom and while there's nothing wrong with that I have to admit that I probably wouldn't sit through it. (only because I'm me -- but I'm sure my mom would love it)

Struggling to complete her 2nd novel Abby Donovan has a twitter account created for her by her publicist in order to snag mor
Autumn
i have just finished the book so the emotions are still pretty raw about it. This book its the sort of book that can leave room for many different opinions. the story of Abby and Mark in a mix sort of "U`ve got mail and Nickolas sparks" In a very witty/comic/sarcastic. way .. i just loved the book.. and the many emotions it evoked from me. it could be interpreted as light chick-lit read, but the plot is pretty strong what they are up against.

i guess what made the book for me was the light/funny
Linda
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Linda by: Lyuda
A lighthearted yet bittersweet story of two people who 'meet' when they find themselves tweeting each other.

I enjoyed the funny banter. I found myself smiling while reading Mark and Abby's dialog. I sensed the ending long before it happened just because........it fit the storyline. ;-/

Thanks, Lyuda, for recommending this unusual romance!
SheLove2Read
Feb 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, best-of-2011
Not a single thing about this book I didn't absolutely adore. It made me laugh, cry and do both at the same time! Definitely going on both the keeper shelf and the 2011 best reads. 5 stars!
Hope Welsh
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Goodnight Tweetheart was a quick, fun read. Anyone familiar with Twitter will find it really easy to get. Non-Tweeters will be able to understand Twitter based on Mark's explanations to the non-Tweeter Abby-so you don't have to understand Twitter to enjoy the book.

Abby is a terrified she can no longer write--after all, how do you top an almost-Pulitzer and Oprah Pick? She's past deadline and still on Chapter Five. She's more than willing to play with the Twitter account her publicist sets up for
Melissa
Dec 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Okay... let me try this in 140 characters...

A former bestselling author joins twitter and meets former prof for fun and snark. Lies told, truth descovered. Will love be in final chpt?

Heh. Did it. :) So, is it true, if you can't say it in 140 characters it's not worth saying? Well, not exactly, but I still think the concept is innovative and fun. And while I enjoyed the quick banter I wondered why they stayed in DMs on twitter. I mean, most would have moved to Skype which does not have the limit
Leah
Dec 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f, adult-lit, 4-stars
This book was very cute. Cute, sad, and then cute again. It's my second Teresa Medeiros book and, while it's nothing like the other one I read, I wasn't disappointed with it. I liked that it was written almost entirely all through text because that was an interesting way to tell the love story. Usually, I don't like reading books in that form (Twitter, texts, Instant Messages, etc.) because it can become boring and obnoxious after a while. But I liked seeing Mark and Abby's relationship blossom ...more
Monica
Dec 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I don't read a lot of contemporary romance if you follow my blog you know this. I was pleasantly surprised by this book, contemporary though it is. This book is different than any other book I have read and I have to admit when I read the excerpt from her Wicked Intentions book I was wary about it. I couldn't have been more wrong. This book is amazing.

The story is heart-wrenching and warming at the same time. There are no naughty bits but Teresa Medeiros makes up for that with witty banter and b
Mary
Dec 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Finally, You've Got Mail updated for the 21st century. I knew someone had to do a twitter book and I was thrilled that the first one I read was pitch perfect. Yes, this will be the romantic twitter book that all others will be judged by in my little world. I can totally see this one as a movie. You will have to have a bit of twitter-ese to understand parts of the book. Medeiros does a great job of working in those details.

The witty, little bon mots are what I live for in a book like this. Abby a
Crista
Jun 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: lol, 3-star, contemporary
Goodnight Tweetheart was a very cute, quick read. It revolves around an online friendship that slowly develops into something more. Most of the book revolves around "tweets" back and forth and was very reminiscent of my favorite movie....You've Got Mail.

My favorite part of this book was the witty banter between Abby and Mark. They understood each other and each other's humor. It was easy to believe that these two people could and would fall in love without ever meeting.

The ending was a big bumme
⚜️Trea
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2016
I don't believe I've read anything by this author before, so I went into this practically blind. However, I loved this book! It reminds me of the old Lurlene McDaniel books I used to read as a pre-teen. I enjoyed all the pop culture references, and while I didn't understand much of the Twitter culture that made it into the book, I could appreciate more because it was there. I found I was able to easily connect with both characters and wound up reading most of this book in one sitting! I've alrea ...more
willaful
I could easily come up with lots of intelligent criticisms of this book, but I'm just not going to bother. It was sweet and very funny and kept me reading despite the fact that it was (horrors!) a print book. At the moment, that's good enough for me.
Addicted to Books
I love Teresa for her plot twists and I cried while reading this books and was really glad they got their HEA!
Andree
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
In many ways I'm torn on this one.

Even when I got it at the library, I was unsure.

I mean, it's Twitter. Not that there's anything wrong with Twitter, but a book based on interactions (aka snippets) of 140 characters or less has the potential to be far too glib. There is an element of I read books because I want to have the option of more characters. I want to delve into an issue and tell a story that can breathe a little more. That isn't forced to be pithy and brilliant and snappy.

I want to know
Anjana
Jan 03, 2012 rated it liked it

I've had a twitter account for about a year or two but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to use it. Updating the world hourly about my day just didn't seem like something that I could do. Besides, why would anyone care about what I do during my day? Well, my fist's in my mouth now. It's addictive. Granted, I mostly tweet about giveaways, blogs and books but it's still a lot of fun. So when I came across Goodnight Tweetheart, I was definitely interested. I mean, come on, 90% of the boo
Around the Year i...: Goodnight Tweetheart, by Teresa Medeiros 1 13 Apr 16, 2016 09:32PM
See this as a movie? 1 12 Nov 03, 2012 05:33PM
Love or Hate - Epilogue 3 30 Nov 01, 2012 08:24AM

• The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Virtually Yours
  • The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories
  • Ember
  • Aladdin: Far from Agrabah
  • Chobits, Omnibus 2
  • Haunted Love
  • Dumpling Cats: Crochet and Collect Them All!
  • Chobits, Omnibus 1
  • An Exceptional Children's Guide to Touch: Teaching Social and Physical Boundaries to Kids
  • Ember: A Paranormal Fairy Tale (Fairy Tale Reboot Book 2)
  • All I Want
  • Hummingbird
  • The Captain's Wallflower
  • Dark Journey (Anne Stuart's Bad Boys, #1)
  • A Kiss for Christmas: Holiday Short Stories
  • Anne Stuart's Out-of-Print Gems
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one and has since gone on to win the hearts of both readers and critics. All of her books have been national bestsellers, featured on the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She currently has over 10 million books in print.

She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and