Start by marking “The Zombie Chasers (The Zombie Chasers #1)” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Chasers (The Zombie Chasers #1)

The Zombie Chasers

(The Zombie Chasers #1)

Zombie Attack!

When brain-gobbling zombies invade, a sleep­over at Zack Clarke's house quickly turns into a Level-3 creep-over. The undead have infested the streets, filling the air with deathly moans and the stench of rotting flesh.

Meet the Zombie Chasers:

Zack: His house is a wreck, his sister's a zombie, and he's stolen his mom's Volvo. He's totally going to be grounded i
Published March 1st 2011 by HarperCollins (first published May 18th 2010)

Start your review of The Zombie Chasers (The Zombie Chasers #1)
Carmen
Aug 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Carmen by: Book Store
It's unusual for me to DNF a book, but this was such a horrible combination of mean-spirited and boring that I couldn't stand to waste any more time on it.

I liked the opening sentence, though.

Dusk settled over the neighborhood. The humid air was thick as pulp.
Shelli
I suffered through this one because my 9 year old seemed to enjoy it so much. Personally I thought it was written for a higher reading level then the interest level would be. Then the book ended on a cliff hanger and my daughter can't wait for me to read the second one with her. Don't know if I will suffer through the second book for her or not ... but sometimes I can't help but torture myself a little for my daughters happiness.
Ms. Yingling
Students often fail to listen to announcements, but put "zombie apocalypse" on, and 25 boys will come asking for the book! I was very leery of this book for middle schoolers, because the illustrations make it look as if it falls on the elementary side of the Pilkey Line, but it doesn't. My boys want scary zombie books like Z or The Enemy, and have to be convinced to stick with The Vampire's Photograph, but this will work. Zack, Rice and Madison are having a nice birthday celebration when things ...more
Kristine
With the zombie phenomenon only gaining in popularity, I picked this book up to see a take on it for children. While I was deeply amused at parts and liked the pace and the illustrations, I found it to be a little inappropriate for its intended age range. Not because of the gooey grossness, but in some of the pop culture references and vague sexual content. Even beyond that, though, my rating ultimately came from the ending making the whole novel seem more like an anti-fast food and pro-vegan di ...more
Arsh M
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am currently reading The Zombie Chasers by John Kloepfer. I'm at the part were Zack and Madison are in the kitchen and they hear some creepy noises coming from the bedroom and are scared. I think the author does a good job of putting a lot of details and making the book interesting because each time I read it I can't get my eyes of the book.I think me and Zack have somethings in common like we both get bothered by our sister and her friends and we both like comics.My favorite character is Zack ...more
Jen Ifer's Inklings
This was a cute story and first book in a series. I can see how a middle grader would enjoy this story and probably would enjoy continuing on with the series. The problem that I had with it was how heavily it seemed to push the agenda of vegetarian/vegan and supplements. I don't know if it was intentional, but by the end of this short book, I felt like I was listening to an add for Ginkgo Biloba.
Bookworm
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Has a lot of action, drama, and zombies! It was awesome.
Dawn Teresa
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-fiction
Originally posted on ReadLove

All Zack wanted to do was finish the final slice of leftover birthday cake in the fridge. But life suddenly gets dangerous, and more than cake is at stake. His older sister is having a sleepover, and the girls have decided to kick off their night by taping Zack to a chair, giving him a makeover, filming the torture session, and threatening to upload it to YouTube. As if that’s not frightening enough, what started as a struggle to escape the clutches of Zoe and Co
Tisha
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My 2nd graders bit off more than they could chew with this book. They insisted we buy it and read it together. We got about half-way through and they were over it. The zombies in it were mildly scary, but I think it was more the pre-teen mean girls and middle school humor my boys didn't like. They didn't get it and I was glad. Maybe we'll try this one again a few years from now, but probably not. It didn't have much literary merit.
Jassim
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zack, Madison, Rice, and Greg wants to go to the tucson Tucson Air force Base, but there is to many zombies to reach there on time and also zacks sister turned into a zombie and he doesn't wanna leave her behind, so they found out that Madison is the medicine after Greg bit her, then they continued their journey trying to escape the zombies.
Kim
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My daughters and I read Zombie Chasers for our book club, and I was disappointed in some of the characters' attitudes and lack of intelligence. I dislike it when the "cool kids" are mean and dumb. It sends the wrong message to impressionable tweens.
Matthew Collier
Jan 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this because a student recommended it. Pretty enjoyable little kid's book.
Oliver
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was so good! Zack's sister's friends were having a sleepover. Then they all had too run for their lives. Luckily, Zack's friend, Rice, knew lots about how to defeat zombies.
Christina Hebert
Looking for a series to read with the kids, this hits the mark, and pleases my zombie needs.
Its a middle school aged version of The Walking Dead. Very gross, with cool pictures. Almost a little too realistic, but bashing in brains is what comes with a zombie apocalypse.
Will have to say that the bullies in this book are mean, and just terrible. Are there bullies still that bad? They are text book terrible. At times it makes me worry about the kids reading this, definitely a “don’t you ever do or
Able
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really funny the zombie chaser is about a kid named Zack Clark who is really sad and he is annoyed with his sister and her friends. His sisters and friends came to his for sleepover and they took a video of his sister torturing him and putting makeup on him. They where alone and the zombie apocalypse stated and everyone became zombies except for his sisters friend Maddison and Zack Clark and that's how the story started. This book is easy to read and it has many pictures
William  Marotta
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing idea of an book, but there was some flaws with the book ideas. Like that when there is some drama, the book like to take away the drama and put the drama in pictures. That is why that the book only gets a 4 star rating instead of 5 star. I love the book. It was amazing.
Hogan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about when Zack Clarke gets kidnapped and harrassed by his sister with makeup,his life gets worse. A completely ridiculous and funny zombie apocalypse that came from the new fast food restaurant called Burgerdog that is a burger that tastes like a hot dog makes his entire neighborhood turn into Zombieville. It is up to him,her sister's friend Madison Miller and his best friend Rice to survive and find the reason and cure for the Zombie apocalypse. I think that this book is a ridicul ...more
Haiden Cleary
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was awsome and action packed
Hillary
Sufficiently gross and fun. Great zombie illustrations that middle grade boys would respond to. Strong cliffhanger for Book Two.
Sharif
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s a good book with all kinds of actions
Andrew
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-alone
First book Andrew read on his own outside of school
J.A.N.
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-ive-read
Kinda funny, Some Boring Parts, over all I liked it.
Lai Yat Long Karlson
I love this book very fun , this book is about Zack Clarke and his best pal,Rice ,Madison Miller survived the night of living dead
Adam Merritt
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was a great book short but good
WheeldonHS
Mar 01, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My son, who loves spooky stories, really disliked this story. It was both mean spirited, boring, and generally unpleasant.
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It has potential, and I'm sure some kids will like it. I found the main characters to be irritating and the story to be gross, and normally I enjoy a good zombie story.
Favour Egbune
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it for a class performance piece, but kudos to the author for paying attention to the small details that could really help you visualize what was going on.
Caleb C
Subtle at the beginning and progressing with the horror throughout the story
Savana Sickorez
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was funny and hilarious
Jackson Porter
Some stuff worked. Some stuff didn’t. Feels like chapter 1 of a more interesting book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Zombie Casers 1 1 Dec 01, 2017 10:32AM
The Zombie Chaser 1 1 Nov 30, 2017 04:42PM
The Zombie Chasers 1 1 Nov 29, 2017 04:52PM

• Mistakes Were Made (Timmy Failure, #1)
  • Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!  (Middle School, #2)
  • Far North
  • Big Nate: In a Class by Himself (Big Nate Novels, #1)
  • Hello, Nebulon! (Galaxy Zack, #1)
  • Mr. Will Needs to Chill! (My Weirdest School, #11)
  • Big Nate Goes Bananas!
  • Mr. Popularity (Big Nate)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Tom Swift and His Motor-Cycle, or, Fun and Adventures on the Road (Tom Swift Sr, #1)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy 3: The Phantom Bully (Jedi Academy, #3)
  • InvestiGators
  • Big Nate Goes for Broke (Big Nate Novels, #4)
  • The Last Kids on Earth (Last Kids on Earth, #1)
  • Who Was Mister Rogers?
  • NERDS: National Espionage, Rescue, and Defense Society (NERDS, #1)
  • Officer Spence Makes No Sense! (My Weird School Daze, #5)
  • I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (I Survived, #1)

The Zombie Chasers (7 books)
  • Undead Ahead (The Zombie Chasers #2)
  • Sludgment Day (The Zombie Chasers #3)
  • Empire State of Slime (The Zombie Chasers #4)
  • Nothing Left to Ooze (The Zombie Chasers #5)
  • Zombies of the Caribbean (The Zombie Chasers #6)
  • World Zombination (The Zombie Chasers #7)