Start by marking “Primal Passions (Lost Shifters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Primal Passions (Lost Shifters, #1)

Primal Passions (Lost Shifters #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  1,897 Ratings  ·  124 Reviews
Here kitty, kitty has never sounded so fine. As the two males run for their lives, they find that not only are they having to battle their enemy, but they are also fighting a growing attraction to each other.
Published July 1st 2010 by eXtasy Books (first published September 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Primal Passions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Passions

Sophia Triad
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifters
This series and this book in particular were the first MM shifters stories I read a few years ago. And I have to say that I was unexpectedly pleasantly surprised.

I liked the whole idea: There is a secret base and feline shifters are working with the government in military secret missions.
The series describes also shifters that I never imagined back then that they could exist in literature like raven shifters or snake shifters or spider shifters.

The series is called 'lost shifters' because a fe
Helen
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable , on to the next !! But there are 31 books in this series !!! Gulp !
Jimmy Hanson
Over-all, a very good read. Stephani Hecht is not the best with grammar or smoothness of her words [she uses 'the male' way too much:], but the characters and plot, and action, always seem to make up for it. This new novel of hers, while following the same guidelines of above, doesn't disappoint in the characters and action, but kind of lacks in emotional attachments and plot.
At first the relationship between the two jaguars is hot and believable. But then Jacyn turns a little TOO willing to be
Heather C
I really enjoyed this story.  It was a simple read without a lot of world building for a PNR and I really liked all the characters.  I only had two major issues with it that come to mind.  First, was the "insta love". I always find that a little annoying when the characters are so in love with each other right after meeting. Of course, Jacyn and Logan didn't immediately admit it too each other, but I was still bothered by it. Second issue is that I was kinda icked out by all the lube-less sex. O ...more
JenMcJ
Nov 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This looks like the start of a new series based on feline shifters.

Jacyn and Logan are a likeable pair and there are enough secondary characters that enhance the story and have hooked me and interested me already for future possible stories.

The characterization and conversations are very witty and made me laugh. I liked Jacyn's sense of humor and irreverance. He met up with enough other like minded characters in the compound so hopefully this won't be lost when he is no longer the focus of the
Serena Yates
Nov 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
I really liked this first story of the "Lost Shifters" series. It sets up the problem for the series and introduces the key characters, but the focus is still on this story's main characters.

Jacyn's shock at finding out that he's a feline shifter was palpable. The attack and suffering he has to go through until his rescuer Logan can get him to safety certainly held my attention! Add the emotional turmoil both he and Logan (who turns out to be his mate) go through before they recognize and admit
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
A good start to the series. It sets it up well - so likely this is the one with more tell and less show but the world is sketched/built out nicely. Established bad guys, bit of mystery, and the quest to find lost family members. It is insta kind of love but it feels o.k. - great sex and some really interesting characters.
Elisa Rolle
Aside for the cover that, sorry, but it wouldn’t have attracted me to read the book, the first instalment in the Lost Shifter series is pretty good for a gay paranormal themed book.

True, Stephani Hecht mostly uses known themes, like the “mate” rule (you are my mate and I will only love/have sex with you), or the “pack” concept (you are part of my pack hence you are a good boy and we will fight together against the big bad men), but she did that in her own way so that, in the end, this first boo
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I did enjoy the book and plan to read the next one.

I liked the idea of the crow shifters and their roles.
I liked the idea of a man searching for his siblings and how important it was to him.
I liked that the "weaker" member of the couple learned how to defend himself and kick ass.
I liked that the "strong" member of the couple was vulnerable and hurting.

There were a lot of issues I had which kept this book at a 3.75 for me:

MC named Jaycin. Seriously.
Poor grammar, e.g., "it fit just as nice [sic
Christy Duke
Can you imagine having no clue that you are a jaguar shifter until your entire world goes to hell in a handbasket? I can't, and I love shifter stories, but I'm pretty sure I'd have lost my mind if I'd gone through what Jacyn experienced. 'Primal Passions' is book one in Stephani Hecht's series 'Lost Shifters' and I was super excited to read it because it had been recommended by more than one friend. The fact that this author is new to me also held its own appeal as I adore discovering new favori ...more
Trisha Harrington
This is the first book in what looks like a very long series. And it was a strong enough start. I really liked the book issues and all, and let me tell you, there were issues with it. Not very strong ones, I guess. But some of them annoyed me. The name Jacyn being one of the issues. The name just annoyed me after a while, I don't know why.

Saying that, Jacyn and Logan were nice together. The sexual tension was great. The sort of but not really break up was another thing that annoyed me. After thr
L-D
This was the first book in the Lost Shifters series and it's off to a fun start. Jacyn is an EMT that is on duty when he is attacked by some very hulking, goth-looking, well-armed men. Luckily, Logan, a similarly well-armed and large man comes to his rescue. As if that isn't strange enough, Jacyn is awakened to a world of hidden shifters when his attackers turn into Ravens and he discovers that not only is Logan a black jaguar, but Jacyn himself comes from a family of jaguars.

The series is calle
Ami
Jacyn Adams, a paramedic, finds out that his life rapidly changes into a strange realms -- when he is kidnapped, beaten, and chained to a wall. Then a stranger comes to help him and tells him that he has long lost siblings. And oh, he also sees birds turn into humans! So what to do? Nature thing of course, get attracted towards his savior :)

After falling in love with Stephani's "Drone Vampire Chronicles", I decided to jump immediately to her other series, the shifters. I think this one gives a v
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Stephani Hecht is a terrible writer. I don't feel like pulling any punches here, because to do otherwise would be a disservice to my fellow readers. These books are awful, but have their own compelling pull. I wanted to carry on to see what happened next, even though the writing was making me insane, the characters were all the same, and the sex was becoming incredibly redundant. It wasn't until I got to the third book based on Shane (seriously, again?), that I finally hit a wall and couldn't re ...more
Elizabetta
Feb 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have absolutely no recall about this book. Now I see Bubbles likes it and I love Bubbles's reviews. Should I re-read it or...just...let...it...go? Decisions, decisions. Man, this series goes on for-ev-er.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This was a nice shifter story about Logan, who was always treated as an outcast because of his family history, but who has faithfully worked to help Mitchell, the alpha of his pack of cat shifters as Mitchell tries to bring peace among the various species in the shifter world. Mitchell is also trying to find his brothers, young men who were reported dead at the time his parents were killed, but for whom information recently surfaced showing they may be alive.

One of those brothers is Jacyn, and
Lily

Talk about having a bad day at work. Poor Jacyn stops for a cup of coffee when his whole world is turned upside down. He's shot at and finds out he's a jaguar shifter with some pretty nasty guys wanting to kill him but on the bright side he meets Logan, a super sexy shifter who makes his inner kitty purr.

Seems Jacyn is one of many missing feline shifters and the author does a good job creating this shifter world. I liked the protags and the supporting cast was nicely varied. Overall a f
MLE
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-archive, mm
A little clichéd in some aspects, but still an entertaining read. I especially enjoyed many of the side characters and can't wait to read Rat's book. I would have preferred a better balance in the romance of this book. Logan came off as a little unlikable, and one man constantly feeling the need to dominate the other wears on me after awhile. Jacyln came across as a really strong character, and I would have liked that to have been reflected in their sex life a little more. I will be the first to ...more
Yvonne
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't go out of my way to read shifter books but i thought this one looked good & the price was good also (.99 cents on Amazon). I ended up really liking it including the very cheesy opening with all the guns a blazing action. Despite reminding me of every bad Van Diesel movie, I was immediately drawn in. I guess I like a little action amongst all the romance and adding even more action would have improved this story. Stephani Hecht is a good storyteller although her writing is flawed. I k ...more
❂ Endless
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-m-m
The characters were promising, the plot was promising but the actual writing was so disjointed that it drove me to distraction! It was difficult to connect with the characters and follow their motivations to love each other...I will, however, get to the second book in the hopes that the writing will be a little bit better...
Jani
Apr 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
/I really liked this. I read it a few months ago so I can not give a detailed review but I remember I liked it a lot. Have to admit I really hate the idea of crazy bird shifters!! Now the crows outside my window look at me funny! I swear they do!! They stare and get me really creeped out! If one turns onto a hot crazy guy I wouldn't mind so much.. I can do crazy! lol
~♥I_Luv_2_Read♥~
I agree with several other reviewers. The story is a good one, however, the editing sucks. A lot of spelling mistakes and not a lot of depth where there should be. The sex scenes are unrealistic and the one in the tub leaves me quoting Anita Blake "As wet as water is- It is NOT a lubricant!"

I will read the next one because like I said, the story idea is a good one.
Ashley
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For the entire shifter series so far (book 1-8)

I managed to read the entire series in four days it was the only thing I read until I ran out of books. The books are short and fast paste but they don't lose their flow every story has it's own couple right up until the 8th book which is more of a wrap up book than anything else.

WARNING HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!
Beck
Sep 20, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a nice start to a shifter series that is slightly different from the norm ... there was some lovely world-building in this one and I liked the war-ish plot line too ... the smex was hot which is always an added bonus ... I'll definitely give the next book in the series a go.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Kevin
Publisher: eXstasy Books
Genre: M/M Paranormal
ISBN 13: 9781554873869

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
MsMiz (Tina)
Aug 06, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
Shifter yummy goodness.
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆ by: Shelby
Interesting start to the series. I liked it. It seemed to set up the world pretty well, and opened up the start for the next book. I'll give the next book a sot.
Charly
Nov 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forgettable characters and an odd writing style

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 5/10

PROS:
- I’ve read a lot of shifter fiction, but this one was particularly interesting to me because I haven’t read much about cat shifters. It was familiar but still a little off the beaten path. The story’s lore is also pretty well thought out. There’s a decent backstory to the main characters and a shifter history that’s fairly detailed.
- I’m used to reading stories
Chimney

Original review can be found at Inconceivable Book Reviews

* * *

It’s weird that I have three e-readers (including my iPad), but so few ebooks! I decided, of course, to try and change that dilemma by going to browse Amazon’s selection of digital books; what I found was Stephani Hecht’s Lost Shifter Series. Now, my original thought was, ‘it’s just another werewolf story!’ But after reading the description I was intrigued. A story that involved shifters other than wolves? I guess I’m willing t
  • The Cat’s Meow  (Assassin's Pride #1)
  • From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1)
  • Ryland's Sacrifice (Thrown to the Lions #1)
  • Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed #1)
  • Blood of a Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack #1)
  • Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1)
  • Shattered Secrets (In the Shadow of the Wolf #1)
  • Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Bayou Dreams (Rougaroux Social Club #1)
  • Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)
  • Marked (Northern Shifters #1)
  • Lone
  • Bound By Nature (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • With Abandon (With or Without, #3)
  • Trusted Bond (Change of Heart, #2)
  • Hunter's Moon (Insolita Luna #2)
  • Relentless (Southwestern Shifters #2)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...

Lost Shifters (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • A Feral Christmas (Lost Shifters #2)
  • Savage Awakenings (Lost Shifters #3)
  • Carnal Intentions (Lost Shifters #4)
  • A Wicked Caress (Lost Shifters #5)
  • Ruthless Pursuit (Lost Shifters #6)
  • A Tempting Distraction (Lost Shifters #7)
  • A Shifter Christmas (Lost Shifters #8)
  • An Assassin's Touch (Lost Shifters #9)
  • Shane's Fury (Lost Shifters #10)
  • Riley's Regret (Lost Shifters #11)

“You don’t always get to chose who you fall in love with” 46 likes
“Logan couldn’t have been more surprised if Satan himself had come up from hell and started ladling soup at a homeless shelter.” 3 likes