Start by marking “An Original Sin” as Want to Read:
An Original Sin

An Original Sin

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  422 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
MEN'S BODIES WERE HER BUSINESS

Fortune MacDonald listened to women's fantasies on a daily basis as she took their orders for customized men. In a time when the male species was extinct, she was a valued man-maker. She had created some of the best prototypes around - from Stud-Muffin-Stuart to the ever-popular Hunka-Hunka-Burning-Love-Leroy model.

So when she awoke to find he
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 30th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about An Original Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Original Sin

Grace Jensen
Jul 03, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I wouldn't.
Recommended to Grace by: The bargin bin
Moving on to my third and final book in this experience. The cover is very “Twilight.” It’s an all too common affliction these days. It’s a hand holding an apple, but with elegant wallpaper behind it. I scan the back page and notice that people in Australia have to pay 14.95 for their copy. What a rip off. I’m not even getting out of my seat to read somewhere else. But on the off chance I could be surprised, here we go.
Prologue
Fuck me. It starts out with dialogue, but in italics, like an intern
Renee Rearden
This book was a fun read.

When Fortune wakes up in a strange place, with a REAL man, she realizes she's so not in her time (2300) anymore. What's more, a REAL man is with her. Not a robot she's created, but a living breathing hunk of a speciman that makes her question everything she's believed about the sterile, placid, calm, boringness of her world.

Then again, if a Scottish hottie like Leith Campbell dropped into my life...well, I'd droll for a bit and then tell him I'm happily married. Oh, but
Kathie (katmom)
SHE's from 2300, he's from 600 years earlier...a chaos creating creature posing as a CAT picks them up and drops them in bed naked in 2000.

A bit of a twist to the time travel books that I've been reading. I kept wondering HOW they could ever be happy in any time frame, his-hers-theirs.

This was not one of my favorites by Nina Bangs, I could put this one down, and really couldn't on some of the others, but it was fun and funny.

The cat stole the show!
Charlye
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. When I was getting closer to the end I probably would have given it four stars if I had stopped then. But the ending earned that last star. My favorite character had to be the cat and I almost wish that they had written more from his point of view. I am glad I bought a physical copy of this book because I will be sure to read it again.
Kimberly
Feb 14, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NOBODY
Recommended to Kimberly by: well, it wasn't even recommended, it was just given to me for pure mockery,
Umm.....where do I begin, other than I read two pages and it was a crock of shit? Maalox should sue for use of their name in this book, it is that bad.
Zany Rin
Such an adorable story that holds just the right amount of humor while being well balanced with heart-wrenching scenes that make this story one romance that I will enjoy reading over and over.
Sandra Dagg
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book! Have to say though, that when I started it, I wasn't sure I was even going to read it. I love historical fiction, time travel...but future stuff? And the year 2300??? Wasn't long getting hooked though, and Leith's character was just perfect! I realize some people wouldn't find this book to their liking, but even if I hadn't loved the story, I would have given it at least 3 stars for the way it was written. It was innovative, and fun, and I was never bored, which for me, is a p ...more
Sandra
Sep 18, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf, own, time-travel
An Original Sin, is an early Nina Bangs story and would best be described as a sweet romantic comedy. The Heroine, Fortune MacDonald, could perhaps be played by Sandra Bullock and the Hero, Leith Campbell, played by a hunk with sensitivity and muscles, oh and he must look good in a kilt too.

I enjoyed this book, though it wasn't earth shattering, but the demon/cat Ganymede sure provided some laughs.

The premise is that Ganymede is a troublestarter and decides to meddle in people's lives as he is s
Alicia
Feb 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-like
I like time travel romances but I just couldn't get into this one. I prefer one of the characters to travel to the other's time period but for both of them to be pulled from their time period and sent to a complete new time period for both of them I just couldn't take. It is definite twist to the usual time travel romance but it seems like it would just add unnecessary confusion to the story by trying to get them both adjusted to a new time period. I didn't read the whole book so i'm not sure ho ...more
Rachel
Sep 10, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-hold
That jerk of an ice-cream man parked his butt outside the house. I should go out, order a cone, then suggest a few creative uses for it. If he doesn’t do a quick disappearing act, he’ll find nebular plants aren’t the only things that can have massive meltdowns. How dose chocolate fall-out sound? I don’t know what game he’s playing, but he’s playing with in expert.----by Nina Bangs

this is currently my favorite quote from this book so far.
Angela
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, time-travel
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!

An okay time-travel romance. I liked the characters, but I got a little annoyed at the writing (do your lips really get swollen every time you kiss someone?? -- even just one kiss??) -- but it was a good palate cleanser between some of the heavier books I have been reading.
Rexanna Ipock-Brown
Nina Bangs is one of my favorite paranormal authors. That said, this time-travel novel was not as exciting for me as the vampire novels. Still, it was written in Ms. Bangs clever style with the necessary romantic tension, but it seemed to drag in parts.

I'm glad I read it, but it is not one I'd re-read.
Jenny
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I can't believe I've had this one so long before reading it. This was a cute story. It has time travel and a frisky cat who's also a cosmic troublemaker. It really could have been pared down by 100 pages and it would have improved the story. I like this author, but this wasn't her best by a long shot.
Jamie
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, a good story. I wasn't a big fan of the "cosmic troublemaker's" comments, though. I just didn't like the "dialog" I think.

Also, the ending, while ok would have been better if only...but I won't spoil it for those who want to read.
Isamar
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm loving this book :) I don't see what other people hate about it. Give the book a chance before you throw it out, can't just judge a book after reading the first two pages. I like how this book keeps you wondering about what the CAT is and what his plans are going to be for Leith and Fortune.
Katie
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable book. Loved the antics of the cosmic troublemaker cat who kept me laughing out loud, loved the chemistry between the characters, but in the end the lack of a plot beyond romance deducted a star. Nina Bang's knows how to write and this book reminded me of how much I enjoy her books.
Rachel
Friends and I found this book at the used book store. Amused ourselves with dramatic readings on the back cover and decided this must be read, just for the LOL's. It fluffy, no-brainer reading perfect for the stressful holiday season.
Renee
Nov 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire, romance
A pretty good companion to the other paranormal Nina Bangs novels
Andrea
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
It took me a bit to get into it but then I really enjoyed it.
Kaylee
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
this book was terrible. I read the whole thing during jury duty. the sex scenes could have been good if I wasn't so grossed out by the male character. The way he talked was just... ew.
Kim
Dec 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut, smut-paranormal
Not up to her normal par...I had troubles getting into it.
Book Reader Fairy
Susan
Sep 29, 2012
Wanda
Jan 15, 2009
  • Wet & Wild (Viking II, #4)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • After The Storm
  • Highland Fling (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Hundreds of Years to Reform a Rake
  • Twice a Hero
  • Lure of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #2)
  • Maidensong (Songs of the North, #1)
  • Some Like it Kilted (Highlander #4)
  • A Love Beyond Time
  • Time Treasure
  • Highland Knight
  • The Spirit Path
  • Once and Forever
  • Sunlight Moonlight
Talk about misspent youth. What did I do during those lazy summer days of childhood when I could’ve been honing my writing skills? Nothing. Okay, so I spent a lot of time dreaming I was a cowgirl with a trusty black stallion. Oh, and I read every Walter Farley horse novel. I was an only child so I relied on my imagination to supply the excitement in my life.

By high school, I’d decided to trade in
More about Nina Bangs...