Start by marking “Until Death Do Us Part, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Until Death Do Us Part, Vol. 1

Until Death Do Us Part, Vol. 1 (Until Death Do Us Part #1)

Mamoru Hijikata adalah ahli pedang buta dengan kemampuan luar biasa. Dia terlibat konspirasi perusahaan raksasa saat menyelamatkan Haruka Toyama, gadis kecil dengan kemampuan meramal yang mereka culik. Haruka meminta Mamoru melindunginya sampai maut meisahkan mereka. Apa sebenarnya maksud kata-kata Haruka? Apa tujuan penculikan tersebut!?
Published August 18th 2010 by Elex Media Komputindo (first published December 24th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Until Death Do Us Part, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until Death Do Us Part, Vol. 1

Christopher
Feb 24, 2016 Christopher rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, manga
It's fine, I guess? The premise is interesting enough, but it feels like we're setting up for something more interesting. While the series may turn out to be really good, this volume by itself is merely fine.
Lexie
Apr 09, 2014 Lexie rated it really liked it
Shelves: gns-owned-read
Prelim Review: My new love of life. Not joking.

Full review to be posted as Poisoned Rationality
Anne
Dec 23, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
I haven't really read much manga lately, and when I do, I don't rate them here on Goodreads anymore. But this one took me by surprise. A few chapters in and I knew it was going to be awesome. I was instantly hooked. Sci-fi plus action with a pretty badass main character? (And a fantastic art, mind you.) Well, do count me in. I just hope its charm doesn't diminish as I go on.
RegencyEmma

And love the art!

Enough said. :D
Todd Collins
Nov 04, 2016 Todd Collins rated it really liked it
I liked this. Was a easy read, the illustration was well done, and it left me wanting to know more.
Karen  McEachern-Pictou
Sep 16, 2016 Karen McEachern-Pictou rated it liked it
rating 3.5/5

Until death do us part, Vol. 1

Haruka Touyama is a twelve-year-old girl with incredible precognitive abilities. But her accuracy in predicting the future has made her a target for any number of greedy corporations that would use her power for their own profits. After she is taken from her family, Haruka uses her gift to seek out someone who can help her escape her captors and fixes upon a blind man making his way through the busy streets of Tokyo. Though it may seem an odd choice,
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
The story was really interesting and cool until too many cast members were introduced. Then it got a bit confusing about who was who, what was what, and why was why.

I will admit I was also thrown for a loop at the end. I don't like that development and am entirely unsure if I will continue this series.
Derrick Bjorklund
Oct 02, 2012 Derrick Bjorklund rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga enthusiasts
Shelves: read-manga, favorites
this story!!!! i love it so much!!!! in case someone might find this as spoilers *PLOT GENERALIZATION* the overall plot is that there is a girl with the ability to "see the future" and is kidnapped by a local group of thugs. using this ability she finds a person that can save her, this person is oddly a blind man, and it goes into the events of finding out who hired the local thugs to kidnap her and the events spire into a worldwide plan to do something with a high tech computer chip. *PLOT GENE ...more
Anne Freya
Until Death Do Us Part. Judulnya itu lohhh, "hingga maut memisahkan kita", lol. Diucapkan seorang gadis umur 12 tahun pada seorang pemuda, lol. Lolicon ini.

Akhirnya ngetes baca komik ini juga setelah belasan tahun ngendon di database. Sebenarnya blm banyak yg diungkap dari vol 1 ini, 5 chapter dihabiskan buat adegan action utk pamerin ketajaman pedangnya Mamoru. So, 3 stars saja deh biarpun pedangnya keren, tapi aku bosan juga lama-lama kalo hampir seisi buku diisi dengan gambar potongan pistol
Christiane
Oct 22, 2013 Christiane rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, teens
We have a patron at our branch who loves manga and every now and then, out of courtesy, I will read one of her (many) suggestions. Haruka is a young girl who can predict the future, an ability that naturally puts her in danger. Luckily she is also able to predict where best to find help: a blind swordsman working for a secretive vigilante organization. I like the characters, the story, and the artwork. There is a lot of violence but it does not feel gratuitous, and so far there has been no fan s ...more
Jenna
Jul 05, 2013 Jenna rated it it was ok
Felt like something was lacking in this. Great illustrations and an intriguing plot. But I skimmed through the majority of it because of this lack of...something. I liked the whole katana theme although it seemed more like a light saber than a katana. And I also had no image whatsoever of what the main guy was (blind daredevil katana-wielding gruff lead) as a person, personality or backstory. I understand there are mysterious character types who have a mysterious past, etc etc, but the main guy ...more
Kristin Fletcher-spear
I tossed between 3 and 4 stars, but what it boils down to is the question "Do I want to read volume 2?" And the answer is yes.

I like the technology that allows a blind person to see though I immediately thought Daredevil.

I didn't care anything about Haruka even when she announces that Mamoru would be her husband. But I enjoyed the action fights and the crime syndicate storyline.

Enough to read volume 2 that's for sure...
Julia
Mar 03, 2013 Julia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
One of the few mangas that I'll probably continue to buy. It has such a great story and I love all of the characters! Mamoru is badass and Haruka is a fantastic heroine (doesn't whine or cry every chapter and is very level-headed). I would highly recommend this manga to anyone who enjoys manga with action.
Celestial
May 24, 2016 Celestial rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
I've been hooked on this series since the first scene. The action is fast paced and I always enjoy a hero whom thinks outside his own limits. I really enjoy his way of thinking. Her evolution from a timid girl controlled by fates to a fierce fighter defying fate was an incredible transformation. Manga at its finest.
Richard
Jul 22, 2013 Richard rated it really liked it
Listen to Episode 30 of ComicPop Library: Why is This Book Backwards? for our discussion on this title. You can find it at www.comicpoplibrary.com and then use search feature. Remember you can subscribe to us on iTunes.
Susan
Jun 18, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This is quite violent, of course, but the fight scenes are clear and compelling, evocative without being unnecessarily gory, and the artist's renditions of male characters are strong and powerful. I'm looking forward to the next volume of this!
Jasmiina F
Dec 02, 2013 Jasmiina F rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
I really wish that the story had been better because I liked the art a lot. Too bad I got bored in the beginning...
Sek Ting
Aug 23, 2014 Sek Ting rated it it was amazing
IM IN LOVE WITH HIJIKATA MAMORU!!! I'm seriously saving money to buy the fourth volume of this EPIC AWESOME AMAZING SERIES!!!!
Darnell
Mar 30, 2012 Darnell rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
It would be fair to call this series a long series of fights, but it executes those fights with plenty of style and intelligence (the art doesn't hurt either).
타티 사마
타티 사마 rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Pukingrainbows
Pukingrainbows rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Jeana Budnick
Jeana Budnick rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Cindy Sucokro
Cindy Sucokro rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2013
ula
ula rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Cait
Cait rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Sabrina Di Marco
Sabrina Di Marco rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Comic books/Graph...: April: Until Death Do Us Part vol 1 3 7 Apr 20, 2014 05:18PM
  • Love so Life, Vol. 8 (Love so Life, #8)
  • All My Darling Daughters
  • Bokurano: Ours, Vol. 1
  • Train Man: Densha Otoko, (Train-Man, #1)
  • The Breaker Volume 1
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 3
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 1 (Children of the Sea, #1)
  • たいようのいえ 6 [Taiyou no Ie 6]
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2)
  • Vinland Saga, Tome 1
  • DRRR!! Durarara!! 2 (Durarara!! Manga, #2)
  • Drifters Volume 1
  • Hajime no Ippo, Vol. 1 (Hajime no Ippo, #1)
  • Seiyuu-ka! Vol 1
  • Sumo
  • Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 1
  • My Girlfriend's a Geek (novel): Volume 1

Until Death Do Us Part (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Until Death Do Us Part Vol. 2
  • Until Death Do Us Part Vol. 3
  • Until Death Do Us Part Vol. 4
  • Until Death Do Us Part Vol. 5
  • Until Death Do Us Part 6 (Until Death Do Us Part, #6)
  • Until Death Do Us Part 7 (Until Death Do Us Part, #7)
  • Until Death Do Us Part 8 (Until Death Do Us Part, #8)
  • Until Death Do Us Part 9 (Until Death Do Us Part, #9)
  • Until Death Do Us Part 10 (Until Death Do Us Part, #10)
  • Until Death Do Us Part 11 (Until Death Do Us Part, #11)