Start by marking “Shaman King, Vol. 5: The Abominable Dr. Faust” as Want to Read:
Shaman King, Vol. 5: The Abominable Dr. Faust

Shaman King, Vol. 5: The Abominable Dr. Faust

(Shaman King #5)

Back in action with a new body to abuse, Tokagero is out for revenge against Amidamaru, the samurai who killed him 600 years ago. But when Amidamaru is in danger, it spells trouble for spirit medium Yoh.
Published December 3rd 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 7th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Shaman King, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shaman King, Vol. 5

Start your review of Shaman King, Vol. 5: The Abominable Dr. Faust
Matt
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was very good. The tournament is raging on and Yoh is faced with an unusual opponent with an even more unorthodox fighting style. I’m really enjoying the introduction of new characters in every volume and the tournament in general. The constant action and solid artwork was a treat and the writing was spot on. Another great entry into a terrific series.
Fugo Feedback
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos.
Recommended to Fugo by: Lo mismo
¡Cómo me dejaron con la pelea contra Fausto a la mitad! Bah, más que a la mitad cerca del final, quiero creer. Por lo menos terminó la pelea contra Horo Horo, con un final relativamente predecible pero bien armado igual. Ahora que no tengo a mano el tomo 6, no sé cuándo retomaré la serie, pero la verdad que le estoy tomando cariño a este Jojo's Bizarre Adventure para la gente menuda.
Bones
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas
Faust es tan creepy e increible al mismo tiempo. Otro de mis tomos favoritos termino siendo este. Y Anna? sigue siendo tan cool como siempre esa chica.
Doc
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shaman King is rated Teen and has moments dealing with death, ghost, and combat so if any of these things bother you then please move on. :)

The tournament to determine the next shaman king is underway and Yoh finishes his match with the Icy Horohoro with an exciting final strike and a new friendship born. Now I am sure most of you can imagine the main character might win the big battle the book is based upon but Yoh requires two wins to make it to the next round so don't assume he will win all
Brandon
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mango-comix
Best Boy Faust coming in.

The fight with Horohoro caps off with a great shot of his gigantic avalanche falling down on Yoh from a skyscraper height. Decent comedy after Yoh wins the match and Horohoro crashes at the inn, mirroring the scuffle with Tokageroh/Ryu from earlier.

Faust VIII isn't exactly the most interesting character, but the scale of his skeleton army expands the nature of fight sequences for the story, building on the idea of dispersing Furyoku by having Faust limit his expended
Julieanne
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Hannah Belyea
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-only
The battle with Horohoro may be over, bringing about a new friendship, but Yoh is far from over with the preliminaries - and his next battle within the confines of a cemetery may be the death of him! Takei lets the creepiest corners of the Shaman world ooze out of the pages in this terrifying entry to the "Shaman King" series. The dead will rise in this epic battle!
Ame Lia
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Augustus Oldridge
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cada vez mejor! muy bueno el cambio de tono a algo más obscuro con Fausto. Ya quiero leer el siguiente!
Janeth
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Horo Horo!!! *-*
Judyth (Geeky Reading)
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
~3/5

After the first few volumes, I was debating on giving this series up. I was just not enjoying it. But after reading a couple more, I’m enjoying it more. It went by faster, and the main plotline is getting interesting.

Now that Yoh is competing in the major Shaman fight, it’s getting exciting. I am especially enjoying meeting the eccentric characters—they are all fun and unique. The story is still very exaggerated and Manta is a bit annoying, but that’s all right. Yoh isn’t being too
Sara
So, we continue the battle between Horohoro and Yoh, and the first battle of the Shaman Fight is Yoh. Horohoro was a fun first opponent and they ended up celebrating together afterwards. After the first battle, the interactions between Yoh and Manta were hilarious!! Manta makes me giggle consistently through these volumes, and even though he always seems to be yelling, he is one of my favorite characters.

Right after the fight, Yoh gets news of his next battle from Silva, who Yoh battles to be
Scott Lee
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another strong volume. I try to stick with the headings for the stars--which puts four as really good [literally "really liked it"] and five as "amazing"--and having rated a book that was far stronger than this in just about every way as amazing earlier today I can't quite justify putting this one there...although it's as good as I would hope a new volume of Manga would be.

This title is beginning to develop a bit more depth of story as the Shaman Fight begins. Takei does a good job of using the
Miss Ryoko
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book, manga
This has probably been my favorite volume so far. Yoh was growing and doing awesome things and then Faust showed up. I'm actually a little disappointed when they did the tease preview for Faust on page 65. From that preview, I thought he was going to be a voodoo witch doctor! Necromancers are cool.... but voodoo witch doctors are cooler. So I was bummed.

I was going to continue reading this series but the library does not have a copy of volume 6 available for checking out. So unless they decide
Cristina Boncea
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it
In this volume, Yoh wins against Horohoro (Trey in the anime, I guess?) and then begins his fight against Faust VIII.
I don't remember this fight being as tough in the anime but the rest is exactly the same.

I don't know what else to say, I adore Faust and the way he's drawn and also I love the puns in the manga, about drugs (morphine and the head of the tribe, I suppose that wasn't a normal cigar).
Timothy
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Wow. I think that's the first time I've seen a vivisection in a graphic novel before. And to think this is targeted to kids and teens in Japan. Wonder how nobody ended up with nightmares from this.
Tonya
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emotional stuff regarding Yoh's past. Manta aka Morty goes through some freaky shit, and Faust is one sick motherfucker. The show did not portray this volume to its full potential. But thinking it's a kids related audience, toning down goreish scenes was probably for the best.
Neva
Aug 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a little bit sad. I liked it though.
Sebastian
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Me gustan pero siento que falta algo en la historia para hacerla mas interesante.
Doremili
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A partir de este volumen es cuando se deja en segundo plano la comedia y comienza la crudeza. Es buena pero aterradora.
Lauren
Enjoyable read. I'd recommend this one.
Klára
Silvia Turcios
Dec 25, 2016
Sara
Nov 30, 2010

• 鬼滅の刃 2 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 2] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #2)
  • 鬼滅の刃 3 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 3] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #3)
  • 鬼滅の刃 4 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 4] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #4)
  • 鬼滅の刃 5 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 5] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #5)
  • 鬼滅の刃 1 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 1] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 6 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 6] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #6)
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 03 [Enen no Shouboutai 3] (Fire Force, #3)
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 02 [Enen no Shouboutai 2] (Fire Force, #2)
  • 鬼滅の刃 9 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 9] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #9)
  • 鬼滅の刃 8 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 8] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #8)
  • 鬼滅の刃 7 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 7] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #7)
  • 鬼滅の刃 10 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 10] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #10)
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 01 [Enen no Shouboutai 1] (Fire Force, #1)
  • ハイキュー!! 4 ライバル [Haikyū!! 4 Rival]
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 04 [Enen no Shouboutai 4] (Fire Force, #4)
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets Vol. 1
  • ハイキュー!! 5 IH突入! [Haikyū!! 5 IH Totsunyū!]
  • Revenge of the Sith (Star Wars: Novelizations, #3)
Hiroyuki Takei (武井宏之 Takei Hiroyuki) is a Japanese manga artist, best known as the creator of the manga and anime Shaman King. His brother, Hirofumi Takei (武井宏文) is also a manga-ka.

Shaman King (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Shaman King, Vol. 1: A Shaman in Tokyo