Start by marking “Dangerous Distraction (Boys in Blue, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Distraction (Boys in Blue, #3)

Dangerous Distraction (Boys in Blue #3)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  370 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Will a dare and amazing sex get Rook out of the closet, or will he lose the love of his life to fear or even murder?

An afterhours dare has Detective David Rook kissing the sexiest pair of lips he's seen in a long time. He doesn't expect it will shake his closeted lifestyle to the core. Now ATF Agent Nate Giamanti is working with him on a case, Rook can't avoid his forbidde
Published March 29th 2010 by Total-E-Bound (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Distraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Distraction

Serena Yates
Mar 29, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
Short enough for a quick break, fast moving and hot. It takes the main characters a while to figure out they belong together, but once they do - they don't hold back. The murder mystery adds enough of a plot to make the story enjoyable, but it definitely wasn't the focus of my attention.
Ruby
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Tj
Aug 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not real good at reviews so bear with me. For a short story it was well written and a lite read. With the length of the book getting very deep into the characters is a hard go but I think the author did a wonderful job in bringing the characters to life. Yes, the characters could have been deeper and the story more intense but with the length of the book the reader is still able to get a good feel for the story and the character.

This was the first book I've read from this author and I look
Daesy
bazinga ~Lisa
Inked Reads
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, m-m
FiveStars
This was my favorite couple so far in the Boys in Blue series. Two cops, one that is out and one that is still in the closet.

There is a murder case going on that keeps pulling the two together.

The dynamics of the couple was intriguing. The battle of one to ignore his attraction because he simply can't go back to hiding who he is after the difficulty of coming out while the other faces the impossible decision of coming out to be with someone when there is no certainty it will last.

Anothe
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
3.5 stars.

Cute story about two cops and their dangerous attraction. One of them is out, the other is in the closet. They meet one night at a bar and both play top Alpha dog, setting in motion a game that shakes their world. They both want the other man at their own terms, and while the seduction is easy, convincing the other there's something more than attraction is difficult. There's something a bit forced in their first encounter, but then the way they chase each other in turns is hot and very
Susan65
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a 3.5 but I am feeling the holiday spirit and will round up.

For a short is was really good. I loved the back and forth between Nate and David. When David first walked up to Nate and kissed in the bar I was like "wow", what a great way to start the book...lol Two Alpha males fighting over their territory and one kissing the other in front of their coworkers was genius.

I know these were meant to be shorts but the storylines have the potential for a great novel.
Janna
Nate and David are very likeable characters, good-looking and sexy, but I wished we could have been given a little bit more background information. It would've made their attraction even better. Now their romance developed a bit too fast imo. But this still was a fun read with great scenes when the guys were together! If only this short story would've been twice as long! Nevertheless I enjoyed myself a lot with Dangerous Distraction!
L-D
Another cute short in this series. Nate and Rook are seen at the very end of the last book as guests at Mac's family BBQ. It was a nice tie-in, especially as we end up at the BBQ at the end of this book as well. I liked Nate and Rook but the character development was a little underdone due to the length of the story.
Staceyr
Mar 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An out ATF agent sparring with a closeted homicide detective while bringing in the bad guys--nummy. Loved these manly men and the glimpses of raw emotion beneath all the tough guy banter. While the whole "in love" thing seemed to happen too quickly, that didn't keep this from being a fun, fast and intriguing read from start to finish. I so wish Mia would give us MORE PAGES :)
Sadonna
Jan 16, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf, mm
Third in the Boys in Blue series, this story involved a detective and an ATF agent. Their cases overlap - serial homicides at the arms deal sites. However, Det David Rook is in the closet and Agent Nate Giamanti is not. David has to fight his fear and decide just how badly he wants Nate and if it's worth it to finally come out.
Lidia
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I repeat same words for describe the books by Watts not because are equal but because the story, the style , the dialogues are ever nice, true, authentic and never trivial. Between Rook and Nate there is chemistry and passion and must work out for their love and not only the bad guys but also the their fears
Sue bowdley
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh i loved this....Nate and david (Rook)....A few mistakes but hey nothing to complain too much about....I loved the ending (view spoiler) x
My Dichotomy Life
I loved the two MC's they are my favourite couple in this series, however the last part of the book was so rushed it really affected my enjoyment of the book. The explanation appeared from nowhere and the ending was mediocre, it's a shame because it had such potential.
Plainbrownwrapper
Jul 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
I like Mia Watts, but this one has too little story and too much insta-love.
Sisilia
The story's quite good, but sadly, it's too short for this kind of story. I was hoping a lot more than that.
Lelyana
Mar 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
Cerita polisi Gay..lumayan lah, cukup menghibur hatiku yg sedang gundah iihihiihii.....
repiu lengkap menyusul
Derynmorin1970
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have given it 5 stars, but it just was not LONG enough... I absolutely LOVED these two... I REALLY, REALLY wanted SOOOOOO much more of them. LOVED IT all the same!!! :-)
Maggie
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 3.5
Noor
May 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, cops, r-have
more like a 4.5, i would have loved it if they had more time at the end before the bad guy showed up, it was so cute it should have been a longer lovey dovey part =)
Da'ad
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-romance
Angsty, hot, sweet...Just the way I like it!
Simone
Sep 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(ツ) Hache
Not as great as the first 2
Khaoula
didn't like it all that much =(
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Lumayan laah... tapi ga sebagus cerita GEO - Mack ... entah kenapa Geo - Mack lebih romantis... haghaghaghaghaghag,....
Jilrene ♥
Fun read. I liked it. OFY macho cop story.
Dudley Sneddly
Aug 27, 2013
  • Hide Out (Private Dicks, #2)
  • Priority One (EMS Heat, #4)
  • Bring The Heat
  • Cheating Chance (Taking the Odds, #1)
  • Handcuffs and Spreader Bars (Rawlings Men #5)
  • I Love Rock N Roll (Bodyguards in Love, #3)
  • In the Name of the Law
  • Still Waters (Sanctuary, #4)
  • Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • A Promise Given (Promise, #2)
  • Breaking Cover
  • Caught by Surprise
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Strip: Tease and Search (Lawful Disorder, #2)
  • Truthful Change
  • A Helping Hand (Tennessee Cops, #2)
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • Creation's Control (Creations #2)
I SUCK at remembering to log in and approve friends. I'm so sorry I've made some of you wait. Please forgive my apparent chill, I swear it's not intended. Come hug me!
More about Mia Watts...

Boys in Blue (5 books)
  • Bad Boys, Bad Boys (Boys in Blue, #1)
  • Reasonable Doubt (Boys in Blue, #2)
  • Knight's Fall (Boys in Blue, #4)
  • Proven Guilty (Boys in Blue, #5)