Start by marking “Who Wears Glasses?” as Want to Read:
Who Wears Glasses?

Who Wears Glasses?

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Scholastic Reader Level 1

A safari of animals love their glasses in this hilarious early reader.

"Fancy glasses for the snake.
Chimp needs glasses that won't break.
Swimming goggles for the shark.
Tiger wears them in the park."

Each of these animals has his or her own style--some are serious, some are cool, and some are just plain silly! What kind of glasses would YOU want to we
Published August 1st 2010 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Who Wears Glasses?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Wears Glasses?

Kim
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
This is a fun read for any child who may need glasses. It whimsically pictures what animals would look like with glasses styled for them. It is written in a fast paced rhyme - "Fancy glasses for the snake. Chimp needs glasses that won't break." and the illustrations are bright and suited for each animal.

I support independent bookstores. You can use this link to find one near you or order Who Wears Glasses http://www.indiebound.org/book/978054...
Michael Leitzman
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: being-unique
this book is great to show how being different is good a thing. It shows kids just because you have something other kids dont doesnt mean its a bad thing. I would definitely read this book to a K or 1st grade classroom.
Kristy Schwertfeger
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read at the beginning of the year or when a student gets glasses. It is a book about all different types of glasses and why the different animals need them. Such a good book to have in a classroom.
carissa
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended Ages: grades K-1

Illustrations and rhyming text reveal which animals might enjoy different sorts of eyewear, from fancy glasses for a snake to swimming goggles for a shark.
Sheila Read
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wear glasses a lot of people do when you start wearing them you find out a lot of people around you wear them also.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Fun to add in animals sounds and counting large groupings in the book.

Theme: glasses
Additional themes: jungle

Reviewed from a library copy.
Anne
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reader
I would have loved this book when I got my glasses. I got them when I was around 5 and hated them. Good for kids having to wear glasses for the first time.
Yasuko
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
2013.4.17 86words
Shelly Koressel
This is just a fun book about who wears glasses. This is a great for first readers. Preschool and kindergarten would like this a lot.
Dawn
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
I got this at the library to help ease Cal into the whole wearing glasses concept. It's a cute and rhyme-y and about animals wearing glasses. I like to think that it helped him with the transition...
Erin
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
I wear glasses! Nice beginning reader book -- bright, colorful pictures and lovely cadence.
Brittany Lockard
This is a cute book that talks about the different animals and people who wear glasses. Good for first time readers and lower level readers.
Satin
-great book to use for students that are having bad feelings about wearing glasses
- the illustrations will draw student attention
-rhymes help to make this somewhat of a predictable text
Keely Shannon