Start by marking “We: How to Increase Performance and Profits Through Full Engagement” as Want to Read:
We: How to Increase Performance and Profits Through Full Engagement

We: How to Increase Performance and Profits Through Full Engagement

Achieve a fully engaged workforce What if every single employee-every single one-worked in their dream job, utilized their best talents, worked with an inspirational leader and was fully engaged in their role?

For companies, this scenario leads to breakthroughs in productivity, customer service, profitability, and shareholder value. For individuals, it means better health,
Published January 25th 2011 by Wiley (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about We, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We

Dave
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
As a consultant and entrepreneur who has worked with thousands of business owners, managers, and their employees to help them achieve corporate and personal growth, I was captivated by the opening exercise in the engaging book. By asking a simple question, the authors demonstrate the book's premise, that nothing is more important to the organization or the individual than engagement with their work.

It's easy for the business owner to accept this concept. They know that productivity increases an
Christy Stewart
Jan 26, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction, reviewed
Establishment propaganda.

We is written as a tool for grooming drone workers into being "fully engaged" in their jobs so that they don't identify as individuals independent of the corporation they are working for but as a working part of the beast. It tries to press the outdated idea of pride in your workplace and employer instead of seeing your job as a means to an end and it does this by trying to appeal to you in a feel-good, new-age way that every crap book since the Secret has used.
Rick
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book, totally agreed with the author's premis on how to achieve engagement in the work place and how critical engagement is to the success of companies and individuals. Good stuff for anyone in a management position.
Giovanni Gelati
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Do I have any employees no? The Scoop and The G-ZONE is a one man band. My wife and some of the kids kick in on occasion, but what you see is what you get with this. So what I am doing posting on not just a non-fiction book but one that has to do with employees? A guy can hope can’t he, besides that it is just a strong book, and a nice read. The next few days are going to be busy here on the blog. I am going to try to make up for last week and being involved in the Improvised Digital short Story
Tara
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book was given to me to read for work. We are going to be getting together to review it once we are all finished. The problem I have with it is similar to the problems I hae with many self help/work focused books; it rehashes everything we already know at some level. I was hoping to find some more practical "next steps" after reading it. Some of the activities are good but I didn't learn anything new from it.
Gayle
Mar 21, 2011 rated it liked it

I thought there was some really interesting ideas.....for instance the difference between being valued and being rewarded....and you should not be concerned about people complaining but rather when they stop complaining

Lots of on line quizzes and survays to help the reader...intersting combination of book and on line.
Thabile Khumalo
Aug 04, 2013 rated it liked it
It is nice to think that people are able to make work fun and engaging. Unfortunately the working-world is not that way. Nevertheless if more people believed in making their job an enjoyable part of their life more people would be happier. A comforting notion.
Mike
May 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking in places, energising in others, but also somewhat muddled from time to time and in some cases takes existing ideas and simply adds complexity to them when I'm not sure they needed more complexity.
John Stepper
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
For a How To book, it doesn't tackle the actual how To until 80% of the way through. And then it's too little, too late.

Yes, employee engagement matters. Now what? There just isn't enough new or useful material presented to warrant book-length treatment.
Ken Andrus
Very good take on a topic a lot of people have written about. His perspective was excellent. I also liked the way the authors weaved in online resources and chapter summaries.
Steve Larson
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Very disapointing, thought there would be more "how to or insight." There was neither. Basically just a long commercial for Kenexa.
Glenn Desjardin
  • Flying Without a Net: Turn Fear of Change into Fuel for Success
  • Be Your Own Brand: A Breakthrough Formula for Standing Out from the Crowd
  • How Risky Is It, Really?: Why Our Fears Don't Always Match the Facts
  • Toyota Culture: The Heart and Soul of the Toyota Way
  • Employee Engagement 2.0: How to Motivate Your Team for High Performance (a Real-World Guide for Busy Managers)
  • The Leader's Guide to Storytelling: Mastering the Art and Discipline of Business Narrative
  • The Authenticity Hoax: How We Get Lost Finding Ourselves
  • Don't Quit Your Day Job: Acclaimed Authors and the Day Jobs They Quit
  • Talk, Inc.: How Trusted Leaders Use Conversation to Power their Organizations
  • Jump Start Your Business Brain: Scientific Ideas and Advice That Will Immediately Double Your Business Success Rate
  • McSweeney's #37
  • Her Place at the Table: A Woman's Guide to Negotiating Five Key Challenges to Leadership Success
  • Pose Method of Running
  • The Mentalist's Handbook: An Explorer's Guide to Astral, Spirit, and Psychic Worlds
  • The Heart of Change Field Guide: Tools And Tactics for Leading Change in Your Organization
  • The Only Diet There Is
  • Billions of Entrepreneurs: How China and India Are Reshaping Their Futures—and Yours
  • What Stays in Vegas: The World of Personal Data - Lifeblood of Big Business - and the End of Privacy as We Know It