Start by marking “Trapped Nerves” as Want to Read:
Trapped Nerves

Trapped Nerves

3.03  ·  Rating details ·  155 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Mason is trapped in an elevator with his high school lover who - he thinks - is responsible for his gay bashing and disability ...
Published August 9th 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Trapped Nerves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped Nerves

Seregil
Sep 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
Tina
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a book I would have liked to see fleshed out into a full-length novel. It was a great story and I was pulled in by the characters. I just kept thinking how much better it would have been if we had been with them through the years they were apart instead of hearing about it after the fact. It could have been as good as The Locker Room by Amy Lane. I gave it 4 stars because of the story itself.
Rebecca
Jul 12, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Even though the story is pretty cliche - young gay man from rich, accepting family has fling with in-the-closet jock with a secret needy side - it had the potential to be good. Sadly, the writing is poor, and the story isn't well developed; the fact that Mason is paralyzed seems like a throwaway, a gimmick, almost.

The story begins when Mason and Parker, who were lovers once-upon-time in highschool, get trapped in an elevator together. Parker doesn't initially recognize the now paralyzed Mason, a
Deeze
Apr 21, 2011 rated it liked it
A deep and moving story. Drew manages to give life to his characters so well. I admit to tearing up a time or two. Drew Hunt write real people in real situations. Definately one to add to your shelves.
MostlyDelores
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not only did I not like Parker, I don't think Mason liked Parker either. My hand was itching to smack them both (but especially Parker).
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
didn't finish because it looks like its going to be too sad and rough... very good writing and characters though
Stephen
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
When Doctor Mason Grant is trapped in an elevator with Parker Collins, the football hero/closeted jock that was once his secret high school lover, he flashes back to that time thirteen years ago when Mason's greatest love led to his greatest regret.

Overall, I enjoyed this story and I would recommend it to others, but at times there are some plot points that seem a bit too far fetched. Would YOU not recognize the love of your life when trapped in an elevator with him for 20 minutes just because
Christy Stewart
The cover of the book looks like one of the guys from the Jersey shore is attacking cripple people in elevators.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) that is not at all what this book is about.

This novella is a mashup of to love story clichés: the jock and the and rich boy poor boy. As someone who reads fanfic, I have read my fair share of these types of stories and so I expected very little but Drew Hunt wrote it in such a way that within a few pages I lost all my reservations.

The story flashes back a
Darren
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wheels

I chose 5 stars for the sheer joy of reading a book of someone in my own situation, paraplegic in a wheelchair, gay.
The book is fast-paced and enjoyable. Suggestion for a hopefully next? Sex while paraplegic is maybe challenging, but can be very rewarding if done the right way ;)
Melanie~~
I liked Hunt's writing style and will definitely read more of his work. I liked Mason, but Parker became a little rough to read about. Of course, Mason allowed himself to be run over, so to speak, by Parker.
  • Shell Shocked
  • The Art of Hero Worship
  • No Place For Us
  • Accessible Love Stories
  • The Mormon and the Dom (Mormon-Dom #1)
  • Wheels
  • Finding the Words
  • Unconventional Love
  • Power Play
  • More Than Anything (More Than Anything, #1)
  • Sam's Reviews
  • Harley's Achilles (The Rock Series, #3)
  • Blind Passion
  • Powerless Against You
  • Everything That You Are
  • The Sound of Your Voice
  • Falling in Love with Crazy
  • Mating the Omega (Mercy Hills Pack #1)
Having read all the decent free fiction on the net Drew could find, he set out to try his hand at writing something himself. Fed up reading about characters who were super-wealthy, impossibly handsome, and incredibly well-endowed, Drew determined to make his characters real and believable.

Drew lives a quiet life in the north of England with his cat. Someday he hopes to meet the kind of man he writ
More about Drew Hunt...