Start by marking “The Mystery of the Cross-Eyed Man” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Cross-Eyed Man

The Mystery of the Cross-Eyed Man

Hardcover
Published 1965 by The Bodley Head (first published 1958)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Cross-Eyed Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Cross-Eyed Man

Meg Morden
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
This is another delightful story by Paul Berna with fun and atmospheric illustrations by Barry Wilkinson. The story centres on two brothers who have been given their "marching orders" by their grandfather to meet their parents in Paris on their own. The plan unravels when there is a train strike and then both their grandparents and parents change their plans and believe each is looking after the boys. They decide to take matters into their own hands and head out to get to the family holiday home ...more
Ian White
Jul 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I've had this probably for 20 years. It's a French children's adventure from 1958, and is inevitab;y a little dated in it's attitudes, and the relaxed reaction to children travelling alone everyone has would be unthinkable today. It's still enjoyable, but I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I had read it when I was 11.
Meg Morden
added it
Aug 12, 2016
Brin
Sep 03, 2018
Paul Berna, est le pseudonyme le plus connu de Jean-Marie-Edmond Sabran (21 février 1908, Hyères - 19 janvier 1994, Paris), écrivain français du XXe siècle.