Start by marking “Storming Hell's Gate (The City, #4)” as Want to Read:
Storming Hell's Gate (The City, #4)

Storming Hell's Gate (The City #4)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  370 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
For millennia, Archangel Michael has performed his duty with pride and unfailing commitment, but when a human begins to creep into his thoughts, Michael puts aside his duty to follow his heart.

Storming Hell's Gate to rescue the human, Draco, goes beyond want. It is a need he can't explain, even to himself. What is it about the human that calls to his soul? Archangels were
Published August 2010 by Resplendence Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Storming Hell's Gate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storming Hell's Gate

Wings by J.C. OwensThe Prince's Angel by Mychael BlackInto This River I Drown by T.J. KluneAnd the Two Shall Become One by Shayne CarmichaelForsaking Eternity by Voirey Linger
Best Gay Angels
99 books — 158 voters
Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn HaleThe Emperor's Wolf by J.C. OwensPaul's Dream by Rowan McBrideDance with the Devil by Megan DerrFalling by Cameron Dane
Best Gay Demons
174 books — 159 voters

More lists with this book...

Betryal
Aug 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit, shit, shit. Literally! While reading this one of the Hell's set the first thought that popped into my head in comparison to all the others was that movie which came out not long ago called Legion. Oh man, if you haven't seen that flick you need to check it out. This flick is the story of Gabriel and Michael who makes you wonder if angels are really good right? I'm rambling ok, but it's a hyped ramble and it's not java induced so let me speak my piece.

Growing up I had this thing for a
Тамрико
....and this. This one is a 1 star too.

A book about a bunch of angelic assholes who got jealous, committed a person to 2000 years of torture and then somehow miraculously "atoned" for their crimes without losing as much as a feather.
Javier Galíndez
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: libros
—Al destruir la Atlántida, y ver que ibas en contra de las leyes a las que estábamos obligados, me negué a entender cómo podrías ir en contra de todo lo que nos habían enseñado, por el bienestar de los seres humanos.

Michael negó con la cabeza. —Las cosas han cambiado. Yo he cambiado. Ahora entiendo la necesidad de hacer lo que te dicta el corazón, aunque sepas que vas a pagar un alto precio por ello.

Creo que puedo decir que de los cuatro, este es mi segundo preferido de la serie.

Me gustó mucho
Lisa
The story of Michael and Draco.
Draco had always though of Archangel Michael as his protector and throughout the years Michael had looked out for him.
The story was a little complicated in parts. With Michaels brothers not wanting to help him and then they did. Waiting until the final pages before we found out the significance of what Draco was.
I loved their story. Both working to be together, fighting both Heaven and Hell.
Plenty of Lu in this story as well. Its a shame that it was the loast in th
V
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my favorite from the series, however, I'm also disappointed that we never find out what happen with Gabriel and his Bruggata or with the rest of the brothers.
Traci
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
The last of the series, or so it seems, they could totally continue with Gabriel is she wants... I would like.. The book is about Michael (Arch Angel) and Draco (Bruggata, best of heaven and earth). Typical, Draco does not believe he deserves Michael until he deals with his past, the other mix of brothers (Lu's brothers)especially Kael. Draco was created for Michael to fight with him so that Michael would have a better understanding about humans. The other brothers are jealous that Michael has a ...more
Courtney
Aug 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m_read
This is my FAVE book of the series!! This is Michael's HEA & lets the reader in on a little more of the backstory with Lu, Draco, & Lu's brothers, as well as closer look at Old Town. My favorite thing about this book is Michael's growth as a person, going from Michael, the Archangel to Michael. Through the events of the story, he realizes WHY his job is so important & comes to understand why Lu did what he did to get banished. As Lu would probably put it, the stick up his a$$ finally ...more
Gianna
My favorite book of the series. I read the first 3 awhile back. And even though they're shorter, they give a different view of what Hell is like. As well as Lucifer. Plus you meet other Archangels. This one is about Michael (Archangel) and Draco (resident of Hell). Michael has to rescue Draco from Kael, Michael's brother and a former Archangel. Coming up with the plan and the rescue are rushed through but the story focuses more on the building of the attraction between Michael and Draco. As well ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I'm not really sure why I enjoyed this story so much. It was bizarre but it was also ingenious and imaginative. The couple, Michael and Draco, were terrific together and I enjoyed the secondary characters immensely. I didn't realize it was book 4 in a series but I now may go back and read the other stories because those characters appeared in this one and I'm really interested in their backgrounds. 3.5 stars but rounding up to four for giving me a new perspective on heaven and hell.
Maggie
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So sad it's over

This was the final story in the series. Michael and Draco. It was an excellent ending to a really enjoyable series. Archangels and humans, heaven and hell. Well written, great characters, I am sad it's done. I really like this Author, she writes stories and creates characters we come to care about.
ReviewerLarissa
I like the book, though it remains weird to read a story such as this one with archangels.

It sure had an original thouch. The only thing I didn't like were the few inconsistencies in the story and how the last part of the previous book was not adressed.
Karen K
Good 4th book in The City series. I liked Michael immediately - his passion, his strength and his commitment to Draco. Didn't think I'd enjoy this series as much as I am but can't wait for the next book.
Sev
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone the least bit interested in m/m supernatural fic
Recommended to Sev by: saw it on a romance list somewhere but can't remember which. Was a couple years ago.
Loved it! This has to be one of my favorite ever series and I only hope some day the author revisits The City so I can see what Luc and the Boys have been up to lately.
Nicole
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
I felt really bad that Michael and Draco didn't happen the way it was supposed to. That's so sad. But they were very sweet together and at least they still get their happy ending.
Cori
Aug 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I definitely recommend this book. It's very sweet and fast paced.

One of my favorites of this series.
Phoenix
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Liked it. Brings home the fact that God loves us and our "sins" are merely our mis-perceptions of ourselves. Also that God doesn't want us to be alone for his sake, or anybodies.
Marlobo

Elske
Jan 15, 2013
Felicia
Sep 08, 2011
  • Through the Red Door (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #2)
  • Enraptured (Kaldor Saga, #1)
  • A Subtle Breeze (Southern Spirits, #1)
  • Saved by Love's Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #5)
  • Zuriel's Fate (Celestial Justice, #2)
  • Fire Demon (Elemental Demons, #1)
  • Tooth & Nail (Warder #2)
  • Oscar's Soul
  • Enduring Instincts (Instincts, #2)
  • Hell's Tempest  (Fatefully Yours #4)
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire (Immortal Pleasures, #1)
  • Treacherous Sun (Nu Hayven Chronicles, #1)
  • Heartsong (Fae, #2)
  • Freeze Frame (Faerily Imperfect, #3)
  • Lust & Vamp (Anything Goes #2)
  • The Prince's Angel (Legends of the Romanorum, #1)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

The City (4 books)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (The City, #1)
  • Ice Water in Hell (The City, #2)
  • Hell On  Wheels (The City, #3)