Start by marking “The Case of Tangled Love” as Want to Read:
The Case of Tangled Love

The Case of Tangled Love

(Covert Youth Agency #1)

An elite group of nerds fight injustices by running a clandestine group in high school. The Covert Youth Agency.
Published August 2nd 2010 by CreateSpace (first published July 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of Tangled Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of Tangled Love

Start your review of The Case of Tangled Love
Ashley
Jan 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, review-copy, signed, blog
Originally reviewed on my blog, Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing.

This is the story of the nerd. Most YA heroes and heroines are awesome people, who aren't from the evil 'Mean Girls' popular crowd, but are definitely well known, well liked, and just above normal. But the adorable main characters in C.Y.A are the oft overlooked crowd, and they are most definitely nerds.

That's okay though. For the most part each of them has accepted their role as nerdy, and in Peter's case, has wholly embraced
Jessica
Sep 05, 2010 rated it liked it
As the synopsis mentions, the Covert Youth Agency (or CYA) are a group of students who would probably be considered to be the "underdogs" in most situations. Pi and his friends are the nerds at school, but they use their immense brain power for good rather than evil. Good thing too, considering the fact that they know how to hack into the school files and so much more. This "untraceable geek squad", as Jason Ancona puts it, is not to be reckoned with!

Our narrator is mainly Pi in this story,
Caroline (Bon Bons and Reveries)
Covert Youth Agency is a young adult novel about a group of young high school students who use their intelligence and individual talents to fight “crime” in school. Peter or “Pi” is the leader of the C.Y.A. (Cover Youth Agency). Tollhouse is the chubby yet hilarious field agent. Lightman is the computer genius. All three make up the C.Y.A. In this particular case, Vera, Pi’s crush, doesn’t know whether or not her boyfriend cheated on her at a party. She hires the C.Y.A. to find out.
This book
Ivy
Apr 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Covert Youth Agency: The Case of Tangled Love was an interesting, cute, and enjoyable novel!

In the novel, Covert Youth Agency: The Case of Tangled Love, it depicts a story of students and the status quo that students have, such as nerds, jocks, and much more. A few kids formed a group and called themselves the CYA to help students. And in this case, Pi and his friends help this girl to find out if his boyfriend was cheating on her or not.

I really like the character Pi because even though he is
Cleverly
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When Jason contacted me to read C.Y.A I jumped at it. The story plot was one I could see myself enjoying. So when I finally got it in the mail I inhaled this book in one sitting. C.Y.A was fascinating and I could see how the Authors love of comic books came into play. Don't get me wrong this isn't a comic book. PI's character was amazing. I can see how any girl could fall for PI. Lighthouse was a character I could relate to, her sense of anger was something I went through when I was younger. But ...more
Maryam
Sep 27, 2010 rated it liked it
You can read the original review on my blog here: http://gloriousbooks.blogspot.com/201...

3.5/5 stars

I have to admit, I was a little anxious to read this as it is out of my comfort zone to say the least…but I found myself pleasantly surprised.

Covert Youth Agency was an easy read that reminded me of my high school days (which weren’t that long ago I’ll admit).

I thought that the characters were well thought out and each had a completely different personality and attitudes that appealed me in
Len
Feb 17, 2011 rated it liked it
original post here

In this debut YA novel by Jason Ancona, CYA stands for Covert Youth Agency, a group of young high school students who stealthily use their skills to help those who are in need in their school. They are the "nerds" among the social crowd. Pi, the narrator most of the time in the story and the "leader" of the group. Together with Tollhouse, the field agent, and Lightman, group's resident computer scientist.

So what's up with the group? Their latest case just happens to be about a
RYCJ
Feb 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
C.Y.A. reads like a very conscientious debut YA novel written to squash any social improprieties. There's the central plot, C.Y.A. trying to find out if Jack the jock has done the naughty (cheated on his girlfriend), alongside a tangle of conforming attractions (parents, teachers, and other cliques), which together spins this novel into a pleasant, often comical yarn of clement intrigue.

I had to remind myself I was reading YA, prompted by developing twists explained before I had time to guess.
Jess Scott
Nov 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the first things I enjoyed = the main character's name (I've always had a "thing" for names -- if they aren't right, I just find that it generally interferes with my enjoyment of a story). Name = Pi, because he was born on March 14th, same as the mathematical constant/symbol. Really, really nicely done.

I liked the short "opening sequence" before the first chapter. It gave a great snapshot of the characters/elements of the story. The writing style was an interesting blend of dialogue and
Brandon
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 8.0/10.0

Review: Oh man did this bring back memories of high school. This story was a great read for sure. Pi (Peter Samuels) obsession with a girl reminded me of someone I knew in high school, and though the circumstances were different in my situation, the book reminded me of it. I find that bringing in an emotional tie-in with the reader is a great way to keep bringing readers back. A huge 'very well done' to you, Jason Ancona, for bringing me into a world of technology, drama,
quinnster
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was taken by surprise by the book. The characters were fun and complex, each a story within the story. Funny, suspenseful and uplifting. It was surely set up as the beginning of hopefully a long series. The writing was great and at times I had to force myself to put the book down so I wouldn't tear through it quite so fast. In fact, I liked it so much I immediately purchased Jason's other book Debugging Tori Redding for my Nook!
Jan
Mar 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Makes me think of a modern up to date version of That 70s Show and probably would appeal mostly to the junior high to high school aged readers unless you as an adult wanted a glimpse into the modern teen's life with all the electronic gadgets they have today. An interesting story.
Kathryn Fahm
Nerissa
Apr 22, 2011
Aydrea
Aug 22, 2011
Freakishly nerdy in high school, Jason became a certifiable weakling when he lost an arm-wrestling match to a female cheerleader in class.

Never a participant in school activities, he fantasized about being someone else -- an athlete, a secret agent, or whatever character he created in the latest role-playing game.

His imaginary worlds didn't help in the dating department, but they sure were fun to

Covert Youth Agency (2 books)
  • The Sext Crime (C.Y.A. : Covert Youth Agency)