Start by marking “Torchlight” as Want to Read:
Torchlight

Torchlight (Full Circle #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  262 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Book 2 of the Best-Selling Full Circle Series
Can the handsome handyman enlisted to renovate Julia’s estate also fix her mixed-up heart?

Published December 1st 1994 by Multnomah Pub (first published July 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Torchlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torchlight

Jenelle
Ugh, no friggin, flippin way!

I was so pumped from book 1 that I jumped right into book 2, but what a huge let-down!

I don't get how this one has higher ratings, too, because it's the epitome of mediocre. The characters are boring, the romance is lifeless, and the "Christian" element is like a slap-dash afterthought.

So basically, it's just some trashy (yet puritanically clean) contemporary romance and you know how I feel about those.

Booo!
Cynthia
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Mistakes are human and I don't mind reading about characters making them.... but the whole book was about mistakes and miscommunications. Even the side romance was based on miscommunications dragging the relationship along at the same stall pace as the main characters. There was no build up of feelings. I got extremely tired of all their prayers of guidance and then what.... nothing. The Christian slant sounded like dogma more than anything. Something to be done when stressed and need answers... ...more
April
5Sep2017 - Unknown to me I read the series out of order, I listened to this in 2016 on a road trip.
Julie Rierden goes to Maine to bring an old family home back to life. Her mother doesn't approve. She has a boyfriend or fiancé that doesn't approve. And she finds an handsome, flirtatious handy man to help with the repairs.
It takes a lot for both Julie and her man to acccept the other and that love might work for them.
Stacy
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Tara
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I probably need to start out by saying that how I enjoy a book definitely depends on my mood. And I guess I just was in too much of a YA mood to like this one. I'll at least give it the benefit of doubt :)
Likes: their first meeting--and Trevor's demeanor. He knew she was interested and it was funny to see him make her squirm. I also liked the journals of Anna/Shane they found in Torchlight's attic.
Dislikes: the dialogue seemed cheesy/forced. Also, the POV would switch mid-chapter, sometimes bac
Alisha
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one more than the first book in this series. I was so enthralled with it that I read it in one day flat (was up until 3am to do so, if that says anything about how hooked I was). I felt much more pulled into Torchlight than I was with Refuge (which I also enjoyed), and it might be because this was a whole book about two couples instead of Refuge being more of two novellas intertwined back-to-back. I always feel guilty rooting against a standing relationship/engagement, but I couldn't ...more
Wendy Sparkes
I really enjoyed this 2nd book in the "Full Circle" Series. Julia renovating her great-grandparents home to make it into an inn with a very handsome handyman! A lovely lighthouse story, with excerpts of Anna's journal to bring Julia's ancestor's love story to light as well.

#1 Refuge (Full Circle) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
#3 Pathways (Full Circle Series #3) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
#4 Treasure (Full Circle) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
#5 Chosen (Full Circle Series #5) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
#6 Firestorm (Full Circle) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Denise Kettering
Nov 22, 2011 rated it liked it
This second book in the Full Circle series moves the reader across the country from the Montana setting to a restoration project in Maine. Julia Rierdon, sister of Jake Rierdon from the first book in the series Refuge, is renovating an old home and lighthouse into a bed and breakfast. She hires Trevor Kenbridge to help with the restoration and the two begin to have feelings for each other. Julia has a boyfriend, however, and the two can never quite get it together. While the story is interesting ...more
Heather
Dec 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every romance reader
Shelves: read-borrowed
Torchlight is awesome! Once again, Bergren draws you in - not wanting to put the book down. I love how she continuously shares character's thoughts; as they're praying to our gracious Father.

Torchlight is a wonderful Christian romance story... of a women caught up in not knowing which man to choose; trying to find herself & where God wants her to be; the main character of this story almost dies not once - but ---- (read the story to find out how many times & how). [I don't want to give
Susan
After inheriting her family’s lighthouse and mansion, heiress Julia Rierdon--sister of Jake Rierdon (Refuge)--travels to the coast of Maine to restore the estate and turn it into a lavish inn. Temporarily separated from her wealthy fiancé, Julia turns to a mysterious stranger for assistance. Motorcycle-riding handyman Trevor Kenbridge is gorgeous, infuriating…and just the man she needs to help her prepare her inn. Could he also be the right man to claim her heart?

Okay, I think Julia is expecting
Michele
Mar 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, or most of it. The personalities and the theme of restoring an old family mansion kept my attention throughout the book. The only thing that I did not like was the ending, not the ending result as it was somewhat predictable but the way the author caused the ending to occur. I didn't think it kept with the rest of the book as well as it could have.

I also really enjoyed the fact that it had an underlying Christian theme (I didn't know this when I started reading it) al
ChrisGA
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a sweet romance about remodeling a family lighthouse. It had the usual conflict of a girl choosing between a rich fiance and maverick contractor. Good example of the genre of Christian fiction--I am too old to get totally involved in the romantic struggle without a mystery to carry me along-but that is just me.
Rhonda Buedefeldt
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
First read of this author. Great development of character. She had me from the start when a fellow on a motorcycle pulled aside the main character to demonstrate his admiration. The author weaves ancestry, several characters' love conflicts and faith into a "can't wait to see what's next" storyline. Given my enjoyment of this one...I will check out another of her books.
Barbara
Jan 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Pleasant love story in an interesting environment. Nice historical background story.
Didn't like the way some of the relationships were handled. Not Christlike.
Little too much drama.
All in all a good read.
Michelle
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and would give it 3.5/5 stars. The setting at a lighthouse in Maine and intertwining multiple love stories is what I enjoyed most about the book. As a main character, Julia wasn't as likeable as she should have been, but the secondary love stories made up for it.
H
Sep 28, 2008 rated it liked it
Good clean love story (the cover looks different then the one I read but the same story I bet!) A contemporary story about a young woman who spends her family fortune refurbishing an old country estate in Maine--and remodels her life in the process.
Loraine
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved Refuge the first book in this series and Bergren once again continued her excellence in modern christian romantic fiction. Loved the way she intertwined the journals of Julie's great great grandmother Anna throughout the story.
Bethany
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
It ended too soon and was kinda slow with the romance
Traci
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, but I live the whole series!!!
June
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Torchlight was a fun book to read. Meeting Jake (from Refuge) Rierdon's sister was a nice addition to the Full Circle series. Loved Trevor Kenbridge.
Pat
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. I LOVED it...and just about everything written by Lisa Tawn Bergren. Realistic and intense relationships without bedroom scenes. I also loved the audiobooks narrated by Kris Faulkner.
Colletta Miller
Just OK for me...
Diane
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A light read. A light romance.
Jenni
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, fiction
Needed some light "listening"
Jodi Deters
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fast-paced and entertaining. Moral and light. Some history.
Joan
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, only wish the end was differen. Seems like there is more to come.
Miriam
Apr 10, 2008
Terra
Jul 26, 2013
Amy
Sep 23, 2010
Amanda
Oct 30, 2014
  • Whispers (Glenbrooke, #2)
  • Love Song (Buckley, Texas #1)
  • God's Gift
  • Cast a Road Before Me (Bradleyville Series, #1)
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • Hide & Seek
  • Saving Grace (New Heights Series, #2)
  • Nadia (Heirs of Anton, #2)
  • A Hilltop in Tuscany
  • Your Chariot Awaits (Andi Mc Connell Mystery #1)
  • Blind Dates can be Murder (Smart Chick Mysteries, #2)
  • Port Royal (Buccaneers #1)
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called Remnants (SEASON OF WONDER, SEASON OF FIRE, and SEASON OF GLORY). She's also written the River of Time Series (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY, DELUGE) and The Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUE
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...

Full Circle (6 books)
  • Refuge
  • Pathways (Full Circle Series #3)
  • Treasure (Full Circle Series #4)
  • Chosen

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Very Valentine
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Cellar
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5)
  • Ireland