Start by marking “Toddler ABC Guide to Discipline: Quick Secrets to Loving Guidance” as Want to Read:
Toddler ABC Guide to Discipline: Quick Secrets to Loving Guidance

Toddler ABC Guide to Discipline: Quick Secrets to Loving Guidance

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Great balls of fire! Are you tired, or what? Tired of yelling. Tired of being yelled AT. Tired of tantrums, hitting, kicking, whining, fussing, biting, fighting, refusing to sleep…when does it end? When do they stop smacking siblings or running from us in the mall? When do WE get to start enjoying how cute and sweet they are? When do we get to SLEEP?! Honey, I hear you. Yo ...more
Published (first published June 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Toddler ABC Guide to Discipline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toddler ABC Guide to Discipline

Emily
Jan 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2012
I was looking for some ideas to get my 14 month old to stop throwing her food on the floor, and stumbled upon this book. It was a really quick read. It's mostly common sense stuff, but I learned quite a bit too. I liked the parts about telling your toddler what you want them to do instead as opposed to just saying "no" or "stop". I also liked the ideas for giving them choices (never more than two). It's a really broad overview of discipline, so if you are looking for more detailed explanations o ...more
Hayley
Aug 31, 2011 rated it liked it
A quick read that functions well as a reference guide. But, the feminist in me was irritated that the author assumed just her reader was a woman. There is nothing in the title or the description that alludes to this fact, and it could be a good book for Dad's too! Come on, let's not perpetuate the stereotype that only Moms are interested in this stuff!
Other than that, there was some useful information and some I didn't agree with (like Ferbe-rizing). Lately I do fined myself using some of the su
Meghan
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
While a quick read, at only 97 pages, this was the ebst investment of time I've made when it comes to life with a toddler. Quick and concise, it was full of incredible advice. Nothing difficult to implement; just sensible advice and encouragement about discipline and sticking to your guns! I feel like I have a much better grasp on why my kiddo acts the way he does, how to handle it, and how to turn it from naughty to nice!
Thorin
Sep 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Some good tips and reminders. A short and easy read. Annoying that the author chose to keep referring to the reader as "Girlfriend". I don't remember anything in the title about this being written exclusively for women.
Shana
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
This is a good basic brush-up, and works to calm you down and center you when your kid has suddenly become Satan. I'm not totally on board with her cry-it-out philosophy, but I've got easy sleepers, so who am I to judge? I did not read this on Kindle, btw...don't know why it says Kindle edition.
Naseema
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I`m a newbie teacher and was looking for a book on discipline. The areas covered are clear and insightful. The examples given clearly illustrate in which scenario a specific punishment will work.Either reinforcing bad behaviour or rewarding good behaviour. ...more
Sam
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was a good refresher and it has some useful hints, but for the most part it is a lot of common sense. This book contains the same advice you hear from doctors and preschool teachers. I don't feel I learned anything new from this book.
Renee
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Quick read, easy to follow advice that you can actually implement, I've already seen results!
Amy
Jul 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, kindle
Nothing new or earth-shattering here, but it was a good refresher for consistency with children. Easy, quick read.
Renee Debell
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great advice, easy read.
John
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
A quick read with some great ideas. Apparently the authors didn't foresee a man reading their book, and regularly address the reader as "girly" and "girlfriend", etc.
Vanesa
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick clear guidance...but in the heat of the moment its hard to apply. I guess I need to be more patient.
Nancy
Mar 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Overall good, basic information though I didn't care particularly for the author's style. Her language struck struck me as condescending, and I found the "ABC" format forced.
Kelli Miguez
Jan 29, 2013
Heather Campbell marinko
May 07, 2014
Sara
rated it did not like it
Jun 17, 2014
Kristen
rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More about Michelle Smith...