Start by marking “Reflections On Life After Life” as Want to Read:
Reflections On Life After Life

Reflections On Life After Life (Life After Life #2)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  286 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
In the companion volume to Life After Life, Moody has uncovered more exciting evidence that suggests life after death actually exists. Reveals surprising new elements of near-death phenomena bringing readers one step closer to unraveling mankind's greatest mystery.
Published (first published January 1st 1977)

Mar 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Multiple recordings and descriptions of individuals who had near death experiences. I have had several near death experiences and I could relate to what many people recorded.
More of Dr. Moody's research on life after life. This is a follow-up to his book Life After Life. It is a good effort, and though not the groundbreaking work of his first book (sequels of this sort seldom are), it is nonetheless a worthwhile venture.
Oct 09, 2010 rated it liked it
A friend recommended this book to me. Had a hard time getting through it because the subject was too recent, too raw for me. I don't know if I believe in all of these recollections or not. Unknown.
Maria Carmo
Jul 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
In my review of "Life after death", I wrote about the way in which Raymond Moody's books became much more vivid, after I came across different people who had NDE's.
I am not going to repeat the same here, so please read the short review of "Life after Death".

Maria Carmo
Jan 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another of Moody's books on NDEs. More insight, more research, more stories of real people. I reread this one every few years.
Jun 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Interesting. Should have read the first book before this one
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nls-audio
Alas, this is one of those cases when I should have read the first book in this duology before reading this one, but this volume is super short and most worthy of your time.

Moody looks at near-death experiences and describes the patterns of his scientific work. He is an excellent example of how a man of science can also ultimately come to believe in the idea that life goes on beyond our experiences here.

He writes of patients who attempted suicide only to find that they were enabled to endure the
P.S. Winn
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
No matter if you believe in life after death, you will love this book. The author has talked to so many people who share similar stories about what happens when they found themselves crossing over before being sent back to deal with life. The stories are fascinating and the author brings them together with great style.
Nathan Dalrymple
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cristael Bengtson
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in NDE's
Readers of Moody's classic work, 'Life After Life' can garner more gold nuggets from 'Reflections on Life After Life'. In this book Moody details some of the less well-known characteristics of Near Death Experiences. These include four major kinds of 'Visions'.

First is what Moody calls the Vision of Knowledge. This kind of vision, according to Moody, is often described as a flash of universal insight, institutions of higher learning, a school, or a library. All of these terms are used to describ
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
P73. In a few instances,persons have expressed the feeling that the loves or prayers of others have in effect pulled them back from death regardless of their own wishes.
I was with my elderly aunt during her last illness,which is very drawn out. I helped take care of her,and all that time everyone in the family was praying for her to regain her health. She stopped breathing several times,but they brought her back. Finally,one day she looked at me and she said,"Joan,I have been over there,over to
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book about the woman who spent a year "protecting" a National forest and caring for the birds and animals, particularly her interest in the coyote which is the enemy of local farmers. Then also the lives of the farmers in the valley who were trying to eke out a living in difficult times. Each one had his/her own way of farming, sometimes iritating the neighbor who did not understand. And the woman who came in as an "outsider" to the family farm and when her husband died at a young ...more
Read It
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The expert of near death experiences is back. Once again Dr. Moody has outdid himself. This is the third book I read of his and all his books are top notch. This book is Questions and answer type book, where someone ask a question and he returns with a answer. I have become a life fan of his and will continue looking for his material. His books are easy to read and have lots of purpose. Keep up the great work Dr. Moody. If anybody ever wants to look into his material, nice videos of his on Youtu ...more
Kathleen Noonan
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book filled with stories about people that have had NDE (near death experiences) and/or died and come back to life and their experiences during that time. It's truly amazing how similar most of these stories are and the way people feel during these experiences.

I loved this book and for anyone wondering about what happens after we die this book give comfort and great information on the possibilities ahead for all of us.
Sharon Grimaldi
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read the first edition and was so fascinating to start exploring the possibility of the human conciousness to continue expanding along the universe. People shared their experiences and perceptions of their near death experiences and seemed to be very similar. Some people say that it is because of the neurological changes in the brain, but it can be then something else.
Si tratta del seguito di "La vita oltre la vita". Successivamente alla pubblicazione del suo primo libro sugli stati di pre-morte, Moody ricevette tantissime testimonianze al riguardo che gli permisero di ampliare, in parte modificare e arricchire il modello-tipo dell'esperienza di pre-morte. L'edizione che ho letto io è molto più vecchia, ma l'avevo avuta in prestito e non so quale fosse
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it

Un libro que se comprende en su mayoría de "testimonios" y experiencias contadas de pacientes que fueron al "otro mundo" y volvieron.. pensé que no me gustaría (fue hace dos años, tenia 13) pero la verdad es que al ser un tema por el que tengo gran fascinación me gusto mucho.
Kim Dallmeier
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This final book on NDE by Raymond Moody is great. I really loved reading reported cases from small children - who remain unbiased, as they are obviously unfamiliar with the subject itself. Overall, this was a good read.
Orville Jenkins
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read the 25th Anniversary Edition, Updated and Expanded, of this 1975 classic on Near-Death Experiences (paperback in 1977). Moody coined the term "Near-Death Experience" (NDE) in 1975. He was a psychologist, philosopher and physician and wrote several books about life after death and NDE.
Luna Chakra
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book to read. Definitely one of my favorites. Reassured my pondering about life after death (my young boyfriend recently passed away).
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
good followup with some new information
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrowed
Interesting read, if a bit quick. I never read the oroginal Life After Life so I may have missed or not appreciated certain aspects of this book.
Saurabh Deshmukh
  • Sri Aurobindo, Or The Adventure Of Consciousness
  • A Compass to Fulfillment: Passion and Spirituality in Life and Business
  • Sermons of Meister Eckhart
  • Become What You Are
Raymond A. Moody Jr., M.D.'s, seminal work, Life After Life, has completely changed the way we view death and dying. He is widely acknowledged as the world's leading expert in the field of near-death experience.
More about Raymond A. Moody Jr....

Life After Life (3 books)
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death