Start by marking “Tyttö joka leikki tulella (Millennium, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tyttö joka leikki tulella (Millennium, #2)

Tyttö joka leikki tulella (Millennium #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  655,317 Ratings  ·  31,567 Reviews
Tietokonenero ja häpeämätön hakkeri Lisbeth Salander palaa ulkomaanmatkalta. Hän on päässyt käsiksi suureen rahasummaan ja on nyt varoissaan ensi kerran elämässään. Hänellä ei kuitenkaan ole perhettä eikä ystäviä, joten hän tuntee itsensä yksinäiseksi.

Tutkiva toimittaja Mikael Blomqvist saa kuuman uutisvihjeen: lehtimies Dag Svensson ja hänen avovaimonsa Mia ovat paljastan
540 pages
Published 2011 (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tyttö joka leikki tulella, please sign up.

Jackelin Bravo I would definitely recommend it for you, if you haven't read it already. It's a great book, intense and graphic, but I guess it's nothing you don't…moreI would definitely recommend it for you, if you haven't read it already. It's a great book, intense and graphic, but I guess it's nothing you don't know already. There ARE graphic descriptions of killings and intercourse. (less)
Susan Lewis YES. You can follow the plot without reading the first. However, the first book is all about character development and the relationship between…moreYES. You can follow the plot without reading the first. However, the first book is all about character development and the relationship between Blomquist and Salander. If you miss their shared history, you miss the foundation.
The whole trilogy is a "tale of revenge" which is why we find Salander's character so fascinating and her actions so satisfying. There are many characters and you won't get the same satisfaction if you don't know the back story.(less)

Grace Tjan
ILLUSTRATED!

What I learned from this book (in no particular order):

1. Swedish billionaires furnish their multi-million dollar apartments with IKEA --- well, at least ONE peculiar Swedish billionaire.

[image error]
Poang Chair $40

2. Asperger's Syndrome may give you the idea that a T-shirt that says ‘I’M AN ALIEN’ is acceptable office wear, but also photographic memory and phenomenal mathematical ability.

3. "Sweden is one of the countries that imports the most prostitutes per capita from Russia and
Lisa Eskra
Oct 29, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The first book was for the most part plot-driven. The 40-year old mystery took a while to unfold, but was interesting when it did. So was Lisbeth, although she wasn't the main focus. Enter, The Girl Who Played With Fire. The story has now turned character-driven with Lisbeth as the protagonist. But instead of having much of a plot of any character revelations about her early on, we read about her buying a new apartment, grocery shopping, and what furniture she picked out at IKEA in *great* detai ...more
Nataliya

Stieg Larsson doesn't really do subtle. If he thinks an issue is important, he will shout it from the rooftops. With a megaphone. But since he is condemning misogyny and violence towards women, I'm ok with that.

"Salander was the woman who hated men who hate women."
This book, much more than its predecessor, focuses on the tiny-but-tough Lisbeth Salander. We learn quite a bit about the fascinating and horrific backstory that led to Salander developing her unique, defensive, prickly personality.
Brad
Jul 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am confident that Stieg Larsson has a reason for this, but Lisbeth Salander is not much of a heroine. Let's list her transgressions from The Girl Who Played With Fire (and these will be deliberately out of context):

1. She forces herself on a 16 year old boy in Granada.
2. She kills a man on the beach during a hurricane.
3. She shuts out Blomkvist for a very long time for a perceived slight, giving him no explanation.
4. She fails to take or show the necessary care with her ex-guardian after his s
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
Very short review due to the glitches on GR.

This is the second book in the trilogy. I loved it and I loved the movie. The book bogs down a little but it's all good.

Lisbeth is back and doing her own thing.

Lisbeth has been away from Mikael for some time. But, they come back together when Lisbeth is accused of killing that jerk rapist of hers.

*****Spoiler*****

Lisbeth looks into a sex trafficking ring that Mikael is involved in and finds out some things about her past she didn't want to know.

He
Jeffrey Keeten
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nordic-noir
He had come.
He smelled of aftershave.
She hated the smell of him.
He...observed her for a long time.
She hated his silence.
Then he spoke to her. He had a dark, clear voice that stressed, pedantically, each word.
She hated his voice.
He laid the back of a moist hand on her forehead and ran his fingers along her hairline in a gesture that was probably intended to be friendly.
She hated his touch.

Lisbeth Salander is simply unforgettable.
 photo LisbethSalander_zpsc867bfba.jpg

I read the first book in this trilogy the year it was published
Laz
A downright masterpiece. The action sequences, the constant tension continually building up to lead to a tremendous ending. Lisbeth freaking Salander, she may actually be one of the best, and most complex characters I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. Introverted, extremely genial, and dangerous if need be, she's the epitome of the formula to the creation of a super-intriguing character.

Like the first book, this was a complete investigation-kind-of-book. But unlike the first one, this h
Dan Schwent
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three people are dead and Lisbeth Salander's finger prints are on the murder weapon. Can Mikael Blomkvist clear her name before the police find her? And what does Lisbeth's situation have to do with an expose of the Swedish sex trade two of the murder victims were working on?

I was afraid The Girl Who Played With Fire would suffer from the sophomore jinx. I'm pleased to say it did not.

Larsson must have figured out he had a good thing in Lisbeth Salander while working on The Girl With The Dragon T
James
Book Review
4 of 5 stars to The Girl Who Played with Fire, the second book in the Millenium thriller series written in 2006 by Stieg Larsson. Although I am very fond of this book, it wasn't quite as good as the first one, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. But it's a very strong follow-up sequel worth reading. It packs an even larger punch as far as violence and drama, as well as brings out the sexual chemistry and tension between Mikhail and Lisbeth. But this book is all about Lisbeth... and i
helen the bookowl
4.75/5 stars.
This sequel to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is brilliant! This is some of the best crime fiction that exists, in my opinion, and Lisbeth Salander remains one of my favourite fictional characters of all time.
The plot of this novel is clever and the diverse set of characters fascinating. The only reason why this novel is not just as good as the first one, is because it contains some passages that at times seemed dwelling and somewhat repetitive. That being said, the conclusion
notgettingenough
Much later. After such insistence on preserving my idea of my father, my memory of our last meeting, this happened a couple of Fridays ago. I opened up some photos taken by my brother and there my father is, dead in his coffin. I must confess to being quite distressed. And I still don't understand why on earth is this something to preserve? I don't get it one little bit.

----------------
Hooked. Totally, completely, utterly hooked. I read this book yesterday during lunch even though I was with two
Ninoska Goris
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Español - English

Lisbeth ha desaparecido, se ha tomado un tiempo para superar lo de Mikael.

Mikael esta escribiendo un gran reportaje sobre el tráfico y la prostitución.

Sus caminos se cruzarán nuevamente...

----

Lisbeth has disappeared, she has taken time to overcome Mikael.

Mikael is writing a great story about trafficking and prostitution.

Their paths will cross again...
Fiona
This is the sequel to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and it was immediately as good as the first but this time I knew this from the very first page.

The first one I felt was slightly more clumsy at the beginning and took a while to truly love it. I speak only for myself of course. This one it starts off with a bang and you know immediately from the first page it is going to be just as good if not better.

Blomkvist takes a back seat here and Salander takes the lead. She after all is really the mos
Ahmad Sharabiani
Flickan som lekte med elden = The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2), Stieg Larsson
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Swedish: Flickan som lekte med elden) is the second novel in the best-selling Millennium series by Swedish writer Stieg Larsson. It was published posthumously in Swedish in 2006 and in English in January 2009. The book features many of the characters who appeared in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2005), among them the title character, Lisbeth Salander, a brilliant computer
Manny
Unfortunately not as good as Män som Hatar Kvinnor. He has gone too far, and Lisbeth Salander is no longer a fully credible person; also, the puzzle isn't as satisfying as in the first one.

Start geek-rant: as a former mathematician, I was annoyed by his sloppiness concerning Fermat's Last Theorem. To start off with, he misquotes it several times. And the whole idea that Lisbeth is able to solve it on her own in just a few months, with no formal mathematical training, is cheap. If this were the o
Amanda
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kick-ass, blog
If loving the Millennium books is wrong, baby, I don't want to be right.

In scanning through the other reviews, I have to concur with many of the problems mentioned: superfluous detail (specific IKEA furniture is mentioned several times--as if I know what any of it looks like just because I have the model number provided, sandwiches are made, coffee is brewed, Billy's Pan Pizzas are consumed); there's a real dearth of poetic or stylized language; there's a cast of hundreds (maybe not quite, but i
مصطفي سليمان

متأكد ان فيه ملف كامل لكل شخصية
مف
Anish Kohli
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Not him too.” “Not him too what?”
“Another admirer of Fröken Salander.”
Why yes, I am too! Lisbeth has earned herself another admirer. Well, not completely but mostly.

This was a BR with the Lisbeth Fanatic who promised me a mindfuck but unfortunately I didn’t get that and then the said fanatic disappeared soon after we commenced the journey got busy reading! ;)
Happy now? :P

This is a hard book to review without giving anything out and since I myself haven’t read the last part, I can’t say what
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Wow. Stieg Larsson did it again. He took my breath away.
Larsson's style of writing is unique. It is so very detailed and everything seems to be perfectly planned.
The characters are diverse and interesting and I am not only talking about Lisbeth Salander, the novel's heroine, but about most side characters as well.
This novel is full of nerve-wracking suspense and thrill, especially the beginning and the middle.
Howev
Karina
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Such an intense story. Can't wait to read the third book because this cliffhanger is crazy
Jane Maritz
I struggled through this 514-page book.

To begin with, all the homo, bi, double-partner, and heterosexual talk was a bit much. Way beyond my comfort level.

To be fair, once I got about half-way through the book - after all the characters' sexual preferences were clearly established - it did become a page-turner as I raced to find out the ending.

If you like books with lots of character sketches, this might work for you. I was tempted to get out a notepad and sketch out all the characters and their
Sparrow
Culture imposes on women constant indoctrination of the idea that our vaginas should make us small, weak, and incapable of caring for ourselves or others.

"A woman could obviously never be a fire fighter, for example." "We couldn't send a woman to do that military job because what if she got her period? She couldn't take a week off when she's there!" "There are just some days in the month when a woman diplomat wouldn't be able to do her job." "I wouldn't watch women's sports because women aren't
Lyn
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Larsson's second novel about Lisbeth Salander, or about MIkhail Blomkvist of Millennium Magazine, either as it may be, was a suspenseful gem.

A little slow to get started, this one lacked the steady momentum of the first, but the second half more than makes up for the inconsistent and morose first half. Larrson was immensely talented and it is a great shame that we can look forward to no more novels from him.

As Blomkvist was the center of attention in the first, Salander is definitely the subje
Elyse
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS 2nd book by Larsson. The "Tattoo" Girl (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo), is a wonderful character --even better in `this` book! Keeps getting better......
I've already ordered the 3rd book from the United Kingdom. It comes out Oct. 1st.
Allison (The Allure of Books)
I have this really funny picture in my head of Stieg Larsson having had a list mounted on the wall of his office, and I can just see him going down and checking off one by one as he just verbally decimates every single political idea/government corruption/way of life he despises. I know that is a very silly idea, but it doesn’t change the fact that every cause he is passionate about shows through brilliantly in his writing. He has a way of making you feel exactly as he does, it is brilliant.

This
Meg
Jan 19, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Jan 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Casey
Larsson keeps up the terrific thriller and suspense work he started in 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,' even though that had to be one tough act to follow! I ordered the British edition of this second novel of Larsson's Milennium trilogy from Amazon.uk. No way could I wait until September 2009 and the American release of the book for my second Lisbeth Salander, Mikael Blomkvist fix!
Here Lisbeth Salander is in another boatload of trouble (of course), though she's richer and dresses a little bet
Mel
I love this series so much!!!

This book picks up where book 1 left off and does so well. I loved where the plot headed and learning more about Lisbeth Salander. She is honestly one of my favourite characters of all time! She is so strong and I just adore her. Blomkvist is also just one of the best male characters of all time as well and I adore him also.

Something I like about these books is I love the detail. The author details every moment of these characters days in ways I love that I normall
Kemper
You do NOT want to get on Lisbeth Salander’s bad side…

The anti-social genius computer hacker is back in this terrific thriller that improves on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Following the events of the first book, Lisbeth has left Sweden and been traveling abroad for over a year. She’s angry with Mikeal Blomkvist and has broken off all contact with him, but he has no idea why since Salander is far too socially awkward to ever explain herself or try to mend a damaged relationship. Blomkvist i
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
WHAT WAS THAT ENDING??? ugh.

...am I allowed to ship them yet?

Seriously though, they're always saving each other's lives. First Lisbeth saves Mikael, then in this book Mikael saves Lisbeth... either they save each other at the same time in the next book or they both die. That's my prediction.

This book gets an extra star for being less dry than the first one (through no fault of Dragon Tattoo's, there was a LOT of setup to do) and for focusing on Lisbeth's backstory, because she is one of the mos
  • The White Lioness (Kurt Wallander, #3)
  • Eldvittnet (Joona Linna, #3)
  • Os Pilares da Terra, Volume II
  • Arctic Chill (Inspector Erlendur #7)
  • Cop Killer (Martin Beck, #9)
  • Three Seconds (Grens & Sundkvist #5)
  • Rounding the Mark (Inspector Montalbano, #7)
  • Marco Effekten (Afdeling Q, #5)
  • The Redeemer (Harry Hole, #6)
  • Fatal Voyage (Temperance Brennan, #4)
  • Fludd
  • Blessed Are Those Who Thirst (Hanne Wilhelmsen #2)
  • The Murder Room (Adam Dalgliesh #12)
  • Red Wolf (Annika Bengtzon, #5)
  • Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3)
Stieg Larsson (born as Karl Stig-Erland Larsson) was a Swedish journalist and writer who passed away in 2004.

As a journalist and editor of the magazine Expo , Larsson was active in documenting and exposing Swedish extreme right and racist organisations. When he died at the age of 50, Larsson left three unpublished thrillers and unfinished manuscripts for more. The first three books ( The Girl Wit
More about Stieg Larsson...

Millennium (5 books)
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)
  • The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3)
  • The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium, #4)
  • The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye (Millennium, #5)

“There are no innocents. There are, however, different degrees of responsibility.” 1070 likes
“Don’t ever fight with Lisbeth Salander. Her attitude towards the rest of the world is that if someone threatens her with a gun, she’ll get a bigger gun.” 374 likes